Old 11-30-2012, 06:19 PM   #1  
8isenough

S/C/G: 179/169/160

Height: 5'10

Default Omg I'm almost there! Exercise now???

Hi guys,
Coach says that my original goal of 155 is too low. I'm at 24.5% body fat and she says I can really exercise now! I'm at 166 now at 5'10 and my clothes are hanging on me so she wants to to tone the muscle I already have. I no longer care what the scale says cuz my shape is transforming daily, so...do I start dliw or can I go straight to spinning again? And if I cycle, do I eat another packet?
8isenough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:26 PM   #2  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8isenough View Post
Hi guys,
Coach says that my original goal of 155 is too low. I'm at 24.5% body fat and she says I can really exercise now! I'm at 166 now at 5'10 and my clothes are hanging on me so she wants to to tone the muscle I already have. I no longer care what the scale says cuz my shape is transforming daily, so...do I start dliw or can I go straight to spinning again? And if I cycle, do I eat another packet?
Your coach didn't give you advice on any of this?
These people make me crazy!
Luckily you'll have great folks giving LOTS of help here! You might want to head to the maintainers thread for some advice, as well, since you're headed there next! Great maintainers living healthy lifestyles!
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:10 PM   #3  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Congrats on being in the home stretch!!!

If you are still following Phase 1, you DEFINITELY want to add a packet 1/2 hour after exercise, no matter what you decide to do. We are taking in so few calories you need to give your body the extra fuel for muscle recovery.

I am about 18lbs to goal and I'm going to start incorporating gentle yoga into my routine, mostly for core strength and flexibility. I wasn't much of an exerciser just before IP, so I'm taking it slow till I'm closer to goal. If you feel you're ready, go for it but LISTEN TO YOUR BODY! Too much fatigue, dizziness, muscle weakness may mean you pushed yourself too quickly, or didn't fuel your body enough. Our bodies tell us a LOT when we pay attention
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:03 AM   #4  
Joined IP 6/11/12

S/C/G: 260/170/175

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Hi guys,
Everything I read discouraged exercise outside of walking or mild strength training in P1 & P2. I start P4 today and incorporating exercise now. I'm actually going to attempt P90X. At 55, I may be regretting that choice! Lol

Whatever you do, follow Scorbett's advice of an extra packet to prevent muscle wasting. When I did Yardwork this summer I had dizzy spells. Lesson learned- protein and hydration!!!!!!
Congrats and good luck!!!
Ken
ChileheadKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:12 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

I was advised to gradually re-introduce exercise into my daily routine. 15 minutes for a few days and then up to 20-25 and so on. You know your body best and will know if you overdo it or if you can take more.

Congrats on your success!!!
New Englander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:50 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 178/170/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Hi guys,
Congrats on getting to the point of being able to add exercise! I can't wait, but for now know that I shouldn't as I get a bit dizzy when I overexert for an extended time. I'm quite a bit from goal so we haven't talked about it, but I would think that your coach should be able to guide you. Maybe start slow and increase as you tolerate it might be the way to start? Best of luck to you! It's so exciting to be able to move in a new direction! Please post your results!
Cindy56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:18 AM   #7  
8isenough

S/C/G: 179/169/160

Height: 5'10

You guys are the best!!! Ill let you know how it goes. I'm spinning on Wed morning
8isenough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:41 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 155/111/115

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChileheadKen View Post
Everything I read discouraged exercise outside of walking or mild strength training in P1 & P2. I start P4 today and incorporating exercise now. I'm actually going to attempt P90X. At 55, I may be regretting that choice! Lol

Whatever you do, follow Scorbett's advice of an extra packet to prevent muscle wasting. When I did Yardwork this summer I had dizzy spells. Lesson learned- protein and hydration!!!!!!
Congrats and good luck!!!
Ken
Ken...i'm starting p90x tomorrow(I'll be on day 4 of phase 3)! I'm looking toward to getting "ripped!". . I was going to start this morning, but slept in due to a late one last night.

Some bad news...I stepped on the scale, and I've gained exactly 1 pound!!! (and I know that it should be expected to gain up to 3 lbs in phase 3...I was just hoping that I wouldn't). Not what I was hoping for. I guess it scares me enough to get my rear into gear workout wise!
fitgirl2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:30 AM   #9  
Joined IP 6/11/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitgirl2012 View Post
Ken...i'm starting p90x tomorrow(I'll be on day 4 of phase 3)! I'm looking toward to getting "ripped!". . I was going to start this morning, but slept in due to a late one last night.

Some bad news...I stepped on the scale, and I've gained exactly 1 pound!!! (and I know that it should be expected to gain up to 3 lbs in phase 3...I was just hoping that I wouldn't). Not what I was hoping for. I guess it scares me enough to get my rear into gear workout wise!
FitGirl- That's awesome! good for you! I am on my first "fun day"! Ate a banana and got a sugar rush! LOL But it's Pizza day for me so I'll probably gain a ton! LOL
Let me know how your P90X is going! I have a round of business travel the next 2 weeks so I won't start it until mid month. So you'll be a couple weeks up on me. If it's really bad, then be gentle with me!! LOL
Have a great Sunday! Thanks for the note!
Ken
Old 12-02-2012, 02:19 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/175

Quote:
You guys are the best!!! Ill let you know how it goes. I'm spinning on Wed morning
Good luck with the spin class. It may be a little intense, so you may want to take it easy or ease back into it slowly until you know what your body can handle.

I work out 5 or 6 days a week. 3 days are an hour long strength training class (bodypump) and the other 2 or 3 days are cardio (3 mile walk or 45 minutes on the elliptical). I know I'm in the minority here regarding working out on phase 1, but there are so many great benefits to strength training and exercise (#1 reason for me is stress relief) and I couldn't see myself not doing anything for the 12 months that I need to be on phase 1. I don't think it's affected my losses, my average is a little over 3.3 pounds a week. Perhaps I would lose more if I didn't work out, but the trade off is worth it for me.
LosingLawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 07:37 PM   #11  

Well, I did get my first P90x workout in today after all. I did a little over 65 minutes...doing Chest and Back and Ab ripperX. Wow, I know that I will be very sore tomorrow! I am so much weaker than I was 4 months ago. The Ab workout was even difficult for me!!

Tomorrow is Plyo...

In phase 3, am I correct in having my big breakfast (which has been 1 c strawberries, 6 oz Greek yogurt, 1 hb egg, 1 whole English muffin with 1 TBLSP peanut butter), then 8 oz of protein & 2 c. Of veggies for lunch, and another 8 oz of protein & 2 c of veggies for dinner, with my evening IP snack(no restricted)? I'm just wondering if this is too much food...
Old 12-02-2012, 07:44 PM   #12  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Well, I did get my first P90x workout in today after all. I did a little over 65 minutes...doing Chest and Back and Ab ripperX. Wow, I know that I will be very sore tomorrow! I am so much weaker than I was 4 months ago. The Ab workout was even difficult for me!!

Tomorrow is Plyo...

In phase 3, am I correct in having my big breakfast (which has been 1 c strawberries, 6 oz Greek yogurt, 1 hb egg, 1 whole English muffin with 1 TBLSP peanut butter), then 8 oz of protein & 2 c. Of veggies for lunch, and another 8 oz of protein & 2 c of veggies for dinner, with my evening IP snack(no restricted)? I'm just wondering if this is too much food...
I believe you are correct. I started phase 3 today and have been reading and rereading the sheet. My coach did say that the IP snack can be a restricted if I am exercising.
Hgamroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:15 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgamroth View Post
I believe you are correct. I started phase 3 today and have been reading and rereading the sheet. My coach did say that the IP snack can be a restricted if I am exercising.
Congrats on phase 3!!! Did you enjoy your breakfast?

Thanks for responding! I was just scrolling through the threads and found some nice links posted by LizRR (found on page 6 of Phase 3 Breakfast ideas). I found the phase 3 thread really helpful! I'm going to bump the phase3 thread.
Old 12-03-2012, 12:48 AM   #14  
Joined IP 6/11/12

Quote:

Tomorrow is Plyo...

Hi Fitgirl,
If your calorie count for your P3 breakfast was around 400 calories give or take, then you are fine. just watch the carb sources so that you follow the protocol and you're all good. your P3 day looks like my day, and my coach said I could have any IP snack, including restricteds. I believe LizzRR put the calorie guidelines for P2 and P3 up, but I dont remember the thread name. But I do remember that p2 is roughly 1100 calories a day, and P3 is around 1400 cals a day. each phase adds 300 calories from the 800 cal guideline for P1. WHen you get to maintenance, your calorie/nutrition should be based on your individual needs, and not according to the protocol sheet.

I had my first fun day today. Not too crazy.....had a p3 breakfast, then 2 fajitas at lunch with whole wheat tortillas, and 3 pieces of a small pizza for dinner with a 1 cup serving of blue bell light ice cream. I haven't eaten that much in forever, it feels like, but I felt like I ate a month's worth of food!! LOL I'm ready for a P1 day tomorrow.
Thanks for the workout info. Time for me to motivate!!!! Have a great week!
Old 12-03-2012, 10:30 AM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChileheadKen View Post
Hi Fitgirl,
If your calorie count for your P3 breakfast was around 400 calories give or take, then you are fine. just watch the carb sources so that you follow the protocol and you're all good. your P3 day looks like my day, and my coach said I could have any IP snack, including restricteds. I believe LizzRR put the calorie guidelines for P2 and P3 up, but I dont remember the thread name. But I do remember that p2 is roughly 1100 calories a day, and P3 is around 1400 cals a day. each phase adds 300 calories from the 800 cal guideline for P1. WHen you get to maintenance, your calorie/nutrition should be based on your individual needs, and not according to the protocol sheet.

I had my first fun day today. Not too crazy.....had a p3 breakfast, then 2 fajitas at lunch with whole wheat tortillas, and 3 pieces of a small pizza for dinner with a 1 cup serving of blue bell light ice cream. I haven't eaten that much in forever, it feels like, but I felt like I ate a month's worth of food!! LOL I'm ready for a P1 day tomorrow.
Thanks for the workout info. Time for me to motivate!!!! Have a great week!
Thanks for the information Ken!! I logged my food in fitday...it looks like my calories are around 1480. Hopefully that is fine. Maybe I'll have do drop 1/2 of an english muffin (which I don't want to do!).

I did plyometrics this morning at 5:00 a.m. It went really well, but I'm a cardio kind of girl! I'm a little sore from yesterday's Chest/Back workout, but that is to be expected...I feel like I actually did something!

Your cheat day sounds very yummy! I'm not so sure that I'm really going to go "all out" on mine. The breakfasts, so far, really fill me up...I just love them!! I hope that your phase 1 day goes well today. You'll have to keep us posted on how the weight fluctuates when we cheat. Thanks again for your expertise...and have a great week!