3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Friday 11/30/2012 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/270771-ip-daily-chat-friday-11-30-2012-a.html)

whytokay 11-30-2012 09:24 PM

hello everyone! this is my first post on 3FC and i'm hoping putting it in this location is OK. I've been lurking since I started on Black Friday. I weighed in the Monday and already had lost 5 lbs! I was stoked! I now weigh in every Monday and hopefully it'll keep climbing. I know it won't be as much as 5 every week, but to begin that was awesome to see.

So with my lurking, I wanna say THANK YOU! These posts (all the stickies, huge recipe threads, etc) are entirely way too helpful!!!

I considered ranch a food group, so not having ranch on my lettuce was killing me. I just decided to give up lettuce altogether... After reading about WF and double checking with my coach, I bought some bacon ranch dressing and some ranch dip for my veggies, and I am REALLY impressed and sooo happy I get some ranch.

Also, saw somebody post about cucumber chips and I've had them baking for awhile now (who knows how they'll turn out... i couldn't relocate the exact post so I resorted to a different googled recipe).

The first couple days, I was craving a lot (probably psychological). Anything, you name it. You guys saved me with the Big Mac in a bowl and I'm going to try some cauliflower pizza recipe soon (I should really keep bookmarking these recipes or writing them down ...)

Anyway, I'm so glad I have your guys' support (even though you didn't know it). I'm excited to keep going!

lisa32989 11-30-2012 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whytokay (Post 4544120)
hello everyone! this is my first post on 3FC and i'm hoping putting it in this location is OK. I've been lurking since I started on Black Friday. I weighed in the Monday and already had lost 5 lbs! I was stoked! I now weigh in every Monday and hopefully it'll keep climbing. I know it won't be as much as 5 every week, but to begin that was awesome to see.

So with my lurking, I wanna say THANK YOU! These posts (all the stickies, huge recipe threads, etc) are entirely way too helpful!!!

I considered ranch a food group, so not having ranch on my lettuce was killing me. I just decided to give up lettuce altogether... After reading about WF and double checking with my coach, I bought some bacon ranch dressing and some ranch dip for my veggies, and I am REALLY impressed and sooo happy I get some ranch.

Also, saw somebody post about cucumber chips and I've had them baking for awhile now (who knows how they'll turn out... i couldn't relocate the exact post so I resorted to a different googled recipe).

The first couple days, I was craving a lot (probably psychological). Anything, you name it. You guys saved me with the Big Mac in a bowl and I'm going to try some cauliflower pizza recipe soon (I should really keep bookmarking these recipes or writing them down ...)

Anyway, I'm so glad I have your guys' support (even though you didn't know it). I'm excited to keep going!

:wel3fc:Welcome!!!
I lurked before I even started. Congrats in all your success so far! Sounds like you are totally on the right track!
I copy recipes to my ipad notes where I will locate them easily

scorbett1103 11-30-2012 10:25 PM

Holly - I'm so glad everyone is safe!

Whytokay - welcome! Sounds like you're off to a great start, this forum is a godsend in so many ways - don't ever hesitate to post when questions come up!

Well it looks like my car saga will not have a happy ending - according to the mechanic the transmission is shot, so the only solutions are either rebuild or full replacement which cost about the same. Either way the repairs are more than the car is worth. So we have to figure out getting into a new-to-us car in the midst of holiday craziness! We are so blessed that my husband's brother has a 2nd car, they have been very gracious to lend it to us until we get this all taken care of. Now I just need to figure out what kind of car to get :)

Hgamroth 11-30-2012 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scorbett1103 (Post 4544170)

Whytokay - welcome! Sounds like you're off to a great start, this forum is a godsend in so many ways - don't ever hesitate to post when questions come up!

Well it looks like my car saga will not have a happy ending - according to the mechanic the transmission is shot, so the only solutions are either rebuild or full replacement which cost about the same. Either way the repairs are more than the car is worth. So we have to figure out getting into a new-to-us car in the midst of holiday craziness! We are so blessed that my husband's brother has a 2nd car, they have been very gracious to lend it to us until we get this all taken care of. Now I just need to figure out what kind of car to get :)

So sorry BUT... whoo hoo! New car!!! Maybe there will be some great deals on 2012 models now that the new models are coming out. Good luck!

Fishette 11-30-2012 10:49 PM

I've been coveting a Volt, mainly for the idea of not having to pay outrageous prices at the pump.

mightbe 12-01-2012 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Willi (Post 4544102)
Happy birthday!

Thank you so very much!:hug:

Time2Bfit4life 12-01-2012 02:01 AM

Hi Ladies,

I'm not on IP but love reading your great ideas and support!

I just wanted to mention that for those of you wanting some great spices without sugar, try Penzy's! I get their catalog and they have a lot of spice blends with no sugar and no salt! Every ingredient is clearly listed so it's easy to know which ones are okay.

Luckily for me, a Penzy's recently opened at my mall and it's fun to go there and smell the spice blends! The catalog is beautiful too.

I am not affiliated with the company, just a happy customer.

JenRem 12-01-2012 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scorbett1103 (Post 4544170)

scorbett - We are in the same position. My 2002 Honda Accord (which I love and is only missing seat warmers) has a transmission that is going out. We are going to need to replace very soon, in the midst of the holiday chaos. Good Luck to you and car shopping. Hopefully, you can find a good honest deal. We're hoping to find a used, low mileage, Honda CRV. Jen:)