3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Friday 11/30/2012 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/270771-ip-daily-chat-friday-11-30-2012-a.html)

rofl306 11-30-2012 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuv2bloved (Post 4543641)
Spices will become your best friend.

We were just laughing about this at our house today. I have never had so many spices in my life. The cupboard is bursting! This is very weird for a non cook person.

DezD 11-30-2012 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 4543870)
What a bummer! I'm such a whole-food solution girl. Do beneficial bacterial help? Things like homemade saurkraut, kimchee, kombucha, all with the live cultures? I'm just trying to learn more here...it sounds like a very problematic issue but luckily you have found the course of action that works!

Nope! Tried that too. Only makes my symptoms worst, since the good bacteria is the problem. It's in the wrong part of my intestines.

lisa32989 11-30-2012 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DezD (Post 4543994)
Nope! Tried that too. Only makes my symptoms worst, since the good bacteria is the problem. It's in the wrong part of my intestines.

What a mess! So glad low carb is the answer!

Hgamroth 11-30-2012 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuv2bloved (Post 4543621)
Yesterday I was kinda hit with this same thing but the cake wasn't for me. It was the assistant managers Bday so they got her a cake, This is at my second job. I left my first job LATE cuz I had to come back to the clinic someone came AFTER I closed at 3pm so I didn't leave here til 345 and had to be at my second job for 430. I didn't bring anything to eat for supper becuase I was going home to eat supper before going to the second job so after running late thank goodness there is a Subway right next door to my second job. I walked there, got a double chicken chopped salad brought it into the breakroom and ate it. They were all sitting around eating cake and I was eating my salad drinking my water. My assistant came up to me, hugged me, I looked at her and said what is that for? she said I am so proud of what you have done and for you to be able to sit here, eat your salad while we eat cake is just incredible. I said thank you, she started crying....lol...I was like its ok, I am not bothered with it, I am good. She said I know but you are so strong, I told her, it came with time. I am not letting myself get back to where I was....I GOT THIS.....she hugged me again, still crying and went to her office.....she knew me when I was bigger, I worked with her for 15 yrs, This new me, is totally different than the OLD me. I was spunky before but always dressed in shorts and a polo cuz that is all that fit me. Now I am "fashionable" and can wear REGULAR size clothes...so yea I am LOVING this new me, this new body, new attitude.....people notice and that puts a smile on their faces along with mine!!

I was in a very similar situation yesterday. Big birthday celebration and i was chatting and drinking my water. 8 people offered me cake and ice cream and I politely declined. One of my friends came up to me and told me how much she admired my strength and didn't think she could do it. I told her she can resist and I will help. We had a great conversation and I asked her questions about her son. We talked through the entire party. She didn't eat cake and she was so surprised at how she enjoyed herself and didn't miss the cake. It really bugs me though how everyone STILL watches me like a hawk! Are they waiting for me to fail? Waiting to see if I can still resist? Watching to see if I am gaining? I just don't get it!

rofl306 11-30-2012 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hgamroth (Post 4544003)
I was in a very similar situation yesterday. Big birthday celebration and i was chatting and drinking my water. 8 people offered me cake and ice cream and I politely declined. One of my friends came up to me and told me how much she admired my strength and didn't think she could do it. I told her she can resist and I will help. We had a great conversation and I asked her questions about her son. We talked through the entire party. She didn't eat cake and she was so surprised at how she enjoyed herself and didn't miss the cake. It really bugs me though how everyone STILL watches me like a hawk! Are they waiting for me to fail? Waiting to see if I can still resist? Watching to see if I am gaining? I just don't get it!

Hopefully they are watching to see if they can learn to be as strong as you are. You look amazing so how could they not be in awe!

Alma4343 11-30-2012 07:50 PM

Quote:

Sometimes I think they are watching because they are jealous of your strength and weight loss. It is like they are thinking "I sure wish I could resist all the temptations." I am not generally a jealous person, but I have become envious of other friends losing weight since It has always been my biggest concern. They will quit watching soon. It is so nice you offered to help your friend. I have been reading a lot on how to maintain (yes, not even near goal, but over prepared ;) Anyway, they all talk about helping others with weight loss is really helpful to you in keeping your weight off long term. So, it is great for HER and for YOU that you are mentoring her. You have done so great on this program. Congratulations

scorbett1103 11-30-2012 08:13 PM

Quote:

Great job Holly!!! You are definitely an inspiration for others :)

I wonder the same things sometimes - are you watching what I'm eating (or NOT eating) because you're interested? Or because my failure justifies you not even trying? I kind of classify them with the people who tell me "you'll gain it all back and then some". I'm going to make a t-shirt for my 1 year maintenance anniversary that says "How Do Ya Like Me Now???"

Dresa 11-30-2012 08:25 PM

Per the suggestions of others, I went ahead and ordered 3 pairs of jeans online on Black Friday. Sizes 12, 10, and 8. It took a lot to step out in faith and buy those 8's!!!

I was comfortable in a size 14 just this month. I just tried on the size 12 jeans and they fit great! I'm so excited, especially since this week is my TOM and I am seeing a complete stall on the scale.

I am back to being gung ho and motivated!

Im escaping 11-30-2012 08:31 PM

I miss peanut butter. Plain and simple, no fancy cravings, would just like some peanut butter.

So...does anyone know, can we have PB2 on phase 2 or 3? That may be my new motivation to stick to it:)....if not just lie to me & tell me the truth when I get there!!

loopers 11-30-2012 08:48 PM

Well it looks like we're getting a bit of a storm tonight, possibly a dump of snow, and it's bitter cold outside! But it's nice and warm in here, so it's all good...

I spent a few days working in a freezing cold warehouse this week, and it seems you can shiver off the pounds... down 7 lbs this week! Maybe I'll have to spend more time out there.... ;)

Having some friends over tomorrow night, then going to play pool. I have a plan, and have prepared some IP friendly snacks for myself, and stocked up on fizzy water... should be good times!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

Willi 11-30-2012 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mightbe (Post 4543604)
Exactly what I was thinking!!! :hug:

Happy birthday!

scorbett1103 11-30-2012 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Im escaping (Post 4544084)
I miss peanut butter. Plain and simple, no fancy cravings, would just like some peanut butter.

So...does anyone know, can we have PB2 on phase 2 or 3? That may be my new motivation to stick to it:)....if not just lie to me & tell me the truth when I get there!!

I am 99% sure that you can incorporate Peanut Butter (or PB2) in your Phase 3 breakfasts, and I know I've seen many maintaners post that they use PB in their P4 breakfasts.

scorbett1103 11-30-2012 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dresa (Post 4544079)
Per the suggestions of others, I went ahead and ordered 3 pairs of jeans online on Black Friday. Sizes 12, 10, and 8. It took a lot to step out in faith and buy those 8's!!!

I was comfortable in a size 14 just this month. I just tried on the size 12 jeans and they fit great! I'm so excited, especially since this week is my TOM and I am seeing a complete stall on the scale.

I am back to being gung ho and motivated!

Woo hoo!!! I haven't been brave enough to go out and buy smaller sizes yet, but I love that my 12's still fit even though I'm stalling too!!

Willi 11-30-2012 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A1Texan (Post 4543638)
I will be just starting IP on December 10th and wanted to stock up the house with items that I can have. Will all that WF makes safe to use on this diet? From what I read on these forums, most get really tired of the same old tasting foods. I'm hoping that the many choices of WF will help me avoid the boredom.

Welcome to the group! I find opinions vary as to whether people like WF products. I think pretty well everyone likes the pancake syrup. Does your clinic have the sample sizes of WF products (mine does). you could buy a bunch and try the different flavors to see what you like??

Hgamroth 11-30-2012 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rofl306 (Post 4544034)
Hopefully they are watching to see if they can learn to be as strong as you are. You look amazing so how could they not be in awe!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alma4343 (Post 4544047)
Sometimes I think they are watching because they are jealous of your strength and weight loss. It is like they are thinking "I sure wish I could resist all the temptations." I am not generally a jealous person, but I have become envious of other friends losing weight since It has always been my biggest concern. They will quit watching soon. It is so nice you offered to help your friend. I have been reading a lot on how to maintain (yes, not even near goal, but over prepared ;) Anyway, they all talk about helping others with weight loss is really helpful to you in keeping your weight off long term. So, it is great for HER and for YOU that you are mentoring her. You have done so great on this program. Congratulations

Quote:

Originally Posted by scorbett1103 (Post 4544070)
Great job Holly!!! You are definitely an inspiration for others :)

I wonder the same things sometimes - are you watching what I'm eating (or NOT eating) because you're interested? Or because my failure justifies you not even trying? I kind of classify them with the people who tell me "you'll gain it all back and then some". I'm going to make a t-shirt for my 1 year maintenance anniversary that says "How Do Ya Like Me Now???"

You all are SO sweet! I know how helpful it is to have support and i will support anyone who needs it. Scorbett, I want that shirt! :)

Good gravy what a day! Very very sad about the school shooting north of us in Casper, WY. Thinking of you MommaHen... I am sure it was rough all around up there. Then, we had a big meth lab bust her in little ol Laramie and then the guy escaped and ran with a weapon so all of the schools were in lockdown! I was worried about my son because he was at an orchestra rehearsal at the high school which is a block away from the meth lab. Everyone is OK, the guy is still at large but my family is home safe. We got home late so my dinner tonight was scrambled eggs and veggies. I was so hungry I was afraid if I didn't eat something quick, I would blow it. I will be starting phase 3 in a couple of days and I am so nervous now. Excited all week, nervous today. Sheesh, so hard to please me... :D Happy Weekend everyone!