3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Friday 11/30/2012 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/270771-ip-daily-chat-friday-11-30-2012-a.html)

lisa32989 11-30-2012 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mightbe (Post 4543585)
Oh good lord, the office girls brought in a huge costco cake for my birthday :dizzy: I love that they thought of me, but a cake, really?!? So I cut a piece to save for later.....in all reality that sucker is hitting the garbage the second I figure nobody will notice!!! :lol:

Good Plan!:dance:

Um...has nobody NOTICED you've lost 45 lbs??? SERIOUSLY????
:dust:
:bday2you:

mightbe 11-30-2012 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 4543596)
Good Plan!:dance:

Um...has nobody NOTICED you've lost 45 lbs??? SERIOUSLY????
:dust:
:bday2you:

Exactly what I was thinking!!! :hug:

lisa32989 11-30-2012 11:15 AM

Okay, so, on the same note, at Whole Foods yesterday, there was a container of cookies that said "Bite Me" on the label. I could think of a few people I'd like to buy those for :devil:
:rofl:

wuv2bloved 11-30-2012 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mightbe (Post 4543585)
Oh good lord, the office girls brought in a huge costco cake for my birthday :dizzy: I love that they thought of me, but a cake, really?!? So I cut a piece to save for later.....in all reality that sucker is hitting the garbage the second I figure nobody will notice!!! :lol:

Yesterday I was kinda hit with this same thing but the cake wasn't for me. It was the assistant managers Bday so they got her a cake, This is at my second job. I left my first job LATE cuz I had to come back to the clinic someone came AFTER I closed at 3pm so I didn't leave here til 345 and had to be at my second job for 430. I didn't bring anything to eat for supper becuase I was going home to eat supper before going to the second job so after running late thank goodness there is a Subway right next door to my second job. I walked there, got a double chicken chopped salad brought it into the breakroom and ate it. They were all sitting around eating cake and I was eating my salad drinking my water. My assistant came up to me, hugged me, I looked at her and said what is that for? she said I am so proud of what you have done and for you to be able to sit here, eat your salad while we eat cake is just incredible. I said thank you, she started crying....lol...I was like its ok, I am not bothered with it, I am good. She said I know but you are so strong, I told her, it came with time. I am not letting myself get back to where I was....I GOT THIS.....she hugged me again, still crying and went to her office.....she knew me when I was bigger, I worked with her for 15 yrs, This new me, is totally different than the OLD me. I was spunky before but always dressed in shorts and a polo cuz that is all that fit me. Now I am "fashionable" and can wear REGULAR size clothes...so yea I am LOVING this new me, this new body, new attitude.....people notice and that puts a smile on their faces along with mine!!

A1Texan 11-30-2012 11:38 AM

I will be just starting IP on December 10th and wanted to stock up the house with items that I can have. Will all that WF makes safe to use on this diet? From what I read on these forums, most get really tired of the same old tasting foods. I'm hoping that the many choices of WF will help me avoid the boredom.

jmuroff1 11-30-2012 11:45 AM

Had a good weigh-in today :) down 4.4 lbs and lost an inch on my chest and waist :) my coach was proud of me! Also I got a packet of the Rotini...I can't wait to try it tonight, bought it with the walden farms tomato basil pasta sauce :)

wuv2bloved 11-30-2012 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A1Texan (Post 4543638)
I will be just starting IP on December 10th and wanted to stock up the house with items that I can have. Will all that WF makes safe to use on this diet? From what I read on these forums, most get really tired of the same old tasting foods. I'm hoping that the many choices of WF will help me avoid the boredom.

Spices will become your best friend. Some of the WF stuff needs doctoring up. Just to give you a farwarning, they WILL NOT taste like "regular" dressings!. Everyone is different so you may have to "experiment" with them on your own. You Palet will change as you go along. You won't get bored if you experiment with your food, There are TON"S of ideas on this site, look around, I have been on the program for 81 weeks now (19months) and I am still not bored!....its all about vaierty!..Good luck to you!

jmuroff1 11-30-2012 12:01 PM

Quote:

When that happens go to Rainbows recipe thread! It has helped me so much!

Bella73123 11-30-2012 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alittlelessme (Post 4543478)
Made it through November and all that Turkey Craziness. Now onto December !

It's been a while since I updated my ticker and stats. I was shocked to see 155 on my scale this morning. Let the celebrating begin !
:hat::celebrate:

Ideal Protein is the BEST thing to have happened to me this year.
I have never felt better. I can go into December with strength and commitment to the plan.

100% works !

You guys are the best!

This is so awesome!! Big congrats to you and hope to be there within the next month...fingers crossed!

clo2551 11-30-2012 12:03 PM

Good Morning! had my WI last night, down 3.2lbs and 2.75 inches...I'm sooo close to ONEderland I can smell it!!! With a little bit of silent praying I hope I see it on the scale next week :)

scorbett1103 11-30-2012 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yaelbelle (Post 4543522)
Scorbett: You are just the whole package -Singing, too! Inspiring!

Alittlelessme: Congrats! That must have felt great to update such wonderful strides! You are more than halfway there... And your positivity is so contagious! Thank you!

Aw thanks! :) I've been a singer for a long time, got away from it for a while and this is actually my first time performing in front of a big crowd in several years. The fact that it's Christmas Eve at church just makes it even more special :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by rofl306 (Post 4543553)
Yah! I made it thru my first Christmas party 100%! I put 1/4 of my plate raw veggies, 1/4 steamed veggies, and the other half turkey and roast. And water, water, water. Great visits. No one said a word about what I was eating or drinking just that they loved my little black dress (that I bought for $23 marked down 50% twice). It is so fun not to wear tight clothes or tents!

Have a GREAT day everyone!

Way to GO!!!!

Quote:

Yes, all Walden Farms products meet the 0 carb/0 fat/0 sugars rule for "extras" on Phase 1 of IP. You will want to beef up your spice cabinet too, just like Wuv suggested. Mrs. Dash has become one of my best friends! Just check the labels on any spice blends to make sure there's no added sugar. I have yet to get bored with the food, there are HUNDREDS of great IP friendly recipes on this site and on the internet!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmuroff1 (Post 4543640)
Had a good weigh-in today :) down 4.4 lbs and lost an inch on my chest and waist :) my coach was proud of me! Also I got a packet of the Rotini...I can't wait to try it tonight, bought it with the walden farms tomato basil pasta sauce :)

Nice job!!!!

Bella73123 11-30-2012 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 4543606)
Okay, so, on the same note, at Whole Foods yesterday, there was a container of cookies that said "Bite Me" on the label. I could think of a few people I'd like to buy those for :devil:
:rofl:

:rofl: Love it!

2sweet4u 11-30-2012 12:26 PM

Advantage

Good morning everyone! Woke up to a lovely -34 at the house today...brrrr....gonna make for a lovely weekend :(

Quick question, do any of you dring the Atkins Advantage shakes? They say 15g protein, 1g sugar, 160 cals, and 2 carbs. ? Do you think these are ok for the IP alternative?

2sweet4u 11-30-2012 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommyof3girls (Post 4543387)
Good morning and happy Friday! Still plugging along 100%. I have to keep telling myself slow and steady wins the race:) I am done 1.6lbs this week and finally into the 40s.

I have not been on the boards lately with Thanksgiving, a funeral, trying to pack up to move, decorating for Christmas and homeschooling, so this maybe on here some where. Does anyone have any suggestions of finger foods to take to a party, besides a veggie tray?

I like the shrimp idea, the WF ketchup tastes like cocktail sauce to me. Also, have you tried the guilt free divinity? It's great! I like to add other flavorings besides vanilla. also, when i take cookies or something I like to make me some wafer cookies from the apple/cinnamon soy puffs, just so i have something extra and sweet for myself :)

another idea might be a relish tray with different pickles? my family loves pickles and olives! I can't have the olives right now, but can nibble on pickles :)

OR maybe some bitesize cheese cake? with the apple/cinnamon soy puffs for the graham cracker crust and the cheesecake pudding? or use vanilla pudding with some apple pie or pumpkin pie spicing? yum...that sounds good, i will have to go make some now :)

Good luck! would love to know what you decide to take! The christmas party is always at my house so I like having new/different ideas! especially since 4 of us are on IP :)

scorbett1103 11-30-2012 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2sweet4u (Post 4543682)
Good morning everyone! Woke up to a lovely -34 at the house today...brrrr....gonna make for a lovely weekend :(

Quick question, do any of you dring the Atkins Advantage shakes? They say 15g protein, 1g sugar, 160 cals, and 2 carbs. ? Do you think these are ok for the IP alternative?

Generally, Atkins products are WAY too high in fat to be good for IP. That's one key difference between IP and Atkins, IP is low fat where Atkins does not restrict fat.