chunky monkey - BEN AND JERRYS!!!
You guessed correctly!
Old 12-15-2012, 02:55 PM   #333  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
it surely must be VERMONT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Makes sense! I had been convincing myself it was Minnesota.

Quote:
Lake Darling is one of the top lakes in Douglas County Minnesota. It has a surface water area of 954.0 acres. The max depth on Lake Darling is 62 feet and the water clarity is 9 feet. If you're into fishing, you'll find a variety of species in the lake including Bluegill (Sunfish), Crappie, Largemouth Bass and Northern Pike.
Personally, I'd rather go to Vermont for a winter holiday, so I hope you're right, and it certainly sounds like all the clues add up!!
Old 12-15-2012, 07:11 PM   #334  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Before the 50s thread falls off onto page 2, I have to share my find. We stopped by a Kroger close to a friend we were visiting. I was really checking to see if they had the Land O Lakes cheese sprinkles. They did not, BUT I found all the Walden Farms with discontinued tags and priced at $1.99 and a $1.79. I stocked up on all my favorites and even some things to try. I was excited. Now to find more Land O Lakes sprinkles.

Hope everyone is doing well for this Saturday. I guess Rainbow knows where she's going for Christmas. Now I wonder when they leave. Can't wait to hear more about the plans and then the trip itself.

Molly
Old 12-15-2012, 08:47 PM   #335  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Before the 50s thread falls off onto page 2, I have to share my find. We stopped by a Kroger close to a friend we were visiting. I was really checking to see if they had the Land O Lakes cheese sprinkles. They did not, BUT I found all the Walden Farms with discontinued tags and priced at $1.99 and a $1.79. I stocked up on all my favorites and even some things to try. I was excited. Now to find more Land O Lakes sprinkles.

Hope everyone is doing well for this Saturday. I guess Rainbow knows where she's going for Christmas. Now I wonder when they leave. Can't wait to hear more about the plans and then the trip itself.

Molly
SCORE! on the WF find! That's awesome!

Eye exam says - need some driving glasses at the least. The difference was so much though really - I'll most likely wear them full time. Getting older, ordered Bi-focals from Zennie tonight. But the price was so good, I got some single vision driving glasses too. Got my toes done a deep red, and the fingers, well they are "black cherry" red.... loved my first ever pedicure.

Off to fix supper.... chicken tonight! with veggies.
Old 12-15-2012, 09:39 PM   #336  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post

Molly
Nigel did confirm it was Vermont. I am super excited!! We have a cottage on Lake Willoughby!! Oh I hope I get to see a Moose!!

We leave Thursday!!

So...awesome about your WF find!! Which are your favorite Land o Lakes Sprinkles??? I like the sprinkles on mashed cauliflower!!

did Chris figure it out before me???? hahah

that was pretty fun but i am at least glad i know a little in advance!! now to go plan plan plan!!!

hugs
susan
Old 12-15-2012, 09:46 PM   #337  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post

Eye exam says - need some driving glasses at the least. The difference was so much though really - I'll most likely wear them full time. Getting older, ordered Bi-focals from Zennie tonight. But the price was so good, I got some single vision driving glasses too. Got my toes done a deep red, and the fingers, well they are "black cherry" red.... loved my first ever pedicure.

Off to fix supper.... chicken tonight! with veggies.
hi Barb so glad you got you are getting your new glasses. i could probably use bi-focals but nigel dislikes his so much i decided to put it off again. i don't have any health insurance b'c nigels job doesn't cover spouses and we can't afford to get private right now...but i do have eye coverage....and it pays for eye exams. i just had mine checked and no change again in 7 years so that is great. i am wearing the same glasses i bought 8 years ago and they used to be black rimmed...but all the black wore off and now they are sort of silver!! haha

i found a pair of glasses, the frames only, for 9 bucks at walmart 2 days ago so when we get back from out christmas trip will get new lenses in them. its crazy, the insurance will pay for glasses from the dr/s but not from walmart!! but hey, 9 bucks is cheap!! i like the frames a lot. they are black metal.

i found a coat on ebay but alas it came in and is too tight around the hips so i can't zip it. well i can zip it if i hike it up over my hips but then i can't pull it down straight haha these darn hips!!! i love the coat and look forward to shrinking into it!!

hope everyone is having a great weekend....

EVERYONE PLEASE COME POST....

posting gives energy to all of us!!!!!!!!!

I MISS ALL OF YOU BEAUTIFUL LADIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-15-2012, 09:48 PM   #338  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbleblower View Post
Makes sense! I had been convincing myself it was Minnesota.

Personally, I'd rather go to Vermont for a winter holiday, so I hope you're right, and it certainly sounds like all the clues add up!!
I was leaning towards minn too!! but i am thrilled it is vermont!!!
i love vermont!!!!! i haven't been in years so this will be a real wonderful treat to show nigel around....i have never been to the upper east kingdom portion, only to burlington area so i am so happy!!

i love to travel and see nature!!
Old 12-15-2012, 10:00 PM   #339  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
Nigel did confirm it was Vermont. I am super excited!! We have a cottage on Lake Willoughby!! Oh I hope I get to see a Moose!!

We leave Thursday!!

So...awesome about your WF find!! Which are your favorite Land o Lakes Sprinkles??? I like the sprinkles on mashed cauliflower!!

did Chris figure it out before me???? hahah

that was pretty fun but i am at least glad i know a little in advance!! now to go plan plan plan!!!

hugs
susan
I have been saying Vermont for quite a while now!So glad it is one of my favorite places. I wasn't saying Vermont because I was clever with the clues but because that is where I would want to go.
Have a great time.

Pat

Last edited by patns; 12-15-2012 at 11:01 PM.
Old 12-15-2012, 10:14 PM   #340  

Quote:

I wear no-line bi-focals. Nobody has to know but me!

Pedicures, like massages, can be very addictive! Glad you loved it!
Old 12-15-2012, 11:03 PM   #341  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Just wondering where Dana is. Here holidays are earlier than Christmas i hope she is just enjoying that and checks in soon.

Pat
Old 12-16-2012, 03:32 AM   #342  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I wear no-line bi-focals. Nobody has to know but me!

Pedicures, like massages, can be very addictive! Glad you loved it!
I got the line in mine - but I also got the second pair if I feel too weird in them in public. We'll see :-) I forgot to mention - the doctor also recommended I take fish oil because my eyes have been very dry. She said it should really help, and recommended 2 of the Mega Red Extra strength daily. http://www.costco.com/Schiff%c2%ae-M....11738131.html I took it today - no fishy taste or burps thus far. Anyway, more supplements. I just added them to the handful I'm already taking. LOL and here I thought loosing weight would cut back on the pills I take. It truely has cut back on persciption meds, but has added more supplements for sure.
Old 12-16-2012, 06:24 AM   #343  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesmyqueen View Post
Hello everyone, just catching up on all the posts. Halfagain you have done so great and Molly happy to here all your good news and jampooh that's 1 more lb to kiss goodby and you greeniris and rainbow stop tasting and lickin! And everyone else happy day to you! Teena oh and where's Dana?
LOL - thanks for the verbal swat on the behind!
Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
Just wondering where Dana is. Here holidays are earlier than Christmas i hope she is just enjoying that and checks in soon.

Pat
Dana was going to CA for a week for Hanakah (sp?). She should be back soon.

Quote:
I got the line in mine - but I also got the second pair if I feel too weird in them in public. We'll see :-) I forgot to mention - the doctor also recommended I take fish oil because my eyes have been very dry. She said it should really help, and recommended 2 of the Mega Red Extra strength daily. http://www.costco.com/Schiff%c2%ae-M....11738131.html I took it today - no fishy taste or burps thus far. Anyway, more supplements. I just added them to the handful I'm already taking. LOL and here I thought loosing weight would cut back on the pills I take. It truely has cut back on persciption meds, but has added more supplements for sure.
I have 2 pr of glasses, one bi-focal & one tri-focal, and they both have the lines. The tri's are for work only as I have a hard time driving with them. And you'll be able to stop some of the supplements when you get to P3.
Old 12-16-2012, 07:02 AM   #344  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Good morning (I think). Have been up since 5 - couldn't sleep. I'm sitting in the dark living room with just the Christmas tree lights on enjoying the quiet. Today will be busy with baking sugar cookies for VIP, wrapping gifts, cleaning house, and maybe a walk in the woods with a friend later. And a nap in there somewhere I hope! Oh, we might go to town later too, to try out a gym (free visit), and do a bit more shopping. Think all I have to do now is finish up my 2 granddaughters and my older son's girlfriend.

Yesterday was my first day of maintenance and I had a P3 b'fast (LizRR's Pumpkin Pie), only a bar for lunch as I was out shopping all day and knew that supper/snacks later would be my 'free' (partial) day. Feeling slightly bloated now and tummy is a bit upset. Today & probably tomorrow are P1, then on to maintenance!

Went to Traverse City to shop yesterday (about an hour away), and finished up VIPs list and got a few other things too. Then I found this great bargain and just couldn't resist...dinner plates with a wintry pinecone design on them that were originally priced at $5 something @ marked down 60%! So I got 6 of them and a S/P set to match. They didn't have any bowls left and only 3 mugs so didn't get any other pieces. But I have used the same plain white plates for over 25 years and really wanted a change. Merry Christmas to me! LOL.
The drive home was nasty - snow & rain mixed created very slick slush on the roads, which for you southerners is almost as bad as ice to drive on. My front-wheel drive vehicle didn't handle the conditions very well, and I nearly went in the ditch 4 times! (The only roads between TC & home are 2 lanes with lots of hills & curves.) But made it home safely and on time to go to 2 holiday parties last night.

Rainbow - Your trip sounds fabulous! I've never been out east, but Vermont is one of the states I'd really like to visit sometime.
Halfagain - I LOVE pedi's, but only get 2 or 3 a year, in the warmer months. Glad you enjoyed your first one!

Well, think I'll get started on my busy day while VIP is still sleeping. Will try to get back on here later today, but really need to get back in MFP. It has been a while...

Have a great day!

Last edited by greeniris; 12-16-2012 at 07:05 AM.
Old 12-16-2012, 08:02 AM   #345  
8/23/12 - 1/6/13

S/C/G: 170/140/135

Height: 5' 5"

Halfagain- I get a pedi on my annual winter vacation to Cancun. I get that as soon as I arrive so I can go around in sandals the rest if the week. Then I don't get another pedi the rest of the year. I know it sounds awful, but I leave the paint on the toes so that when there is only a little left on the big toe I know it's about time to go back to Cancun.

Rainbow- In Sept we drove through the southern portion of Vermont on the way to the White Mountains in NH. What beautiful country! You'll love it whether or not you have snow. You will need to wave at Sonya, DizzyJean, and me on your way, as no doubt you'll be coming up through northern Virginia at some point. Safe travels.

BTW, I heard moose can be real mean, so try to resist climbing up on one for a pony ride.
Closed Thread