Fabulous at Fifty+ .... A home for those of us 50 and older on IP! VOLUME 7

You're on Page 7 of 34
Go to
  • Quote: I just found out I'm going with a group from work to see the Seattle Men's Chorus doing "Baby it's Cold Outside" this weekend. Hubby doesn't get to come with, but it should be fun with my co-workers to hang with. One of my team mates sings in the Chorus http://backbeatseattle.com/2012/12/0...benaroya-hall/ I've already tried on the black sequin dress, but it's too snug still. No worries I'll wear slacks and a nice top (layers I think will be good) I'm excited. I haven't been to a movie, let alone a live performance of anything in years. The group is planning on dinner out and "noshing"... that has me a little worried, but there's other IP'ers in the group and ex-IP'ers who know the protocol. I'm sure they will be supportive rather than enablers in the wrong direction.
    Oh man... I have a great outfit for that event...I just don't think it is "tall" enuf for you!
  • First of all, I'm impressed that several of you are in Phase 3. I assume you had to first do a Phase 2 (I signed up for IP through Ideal To Go website, so I didn't get all the info. I need to look it up so I have it in mind.) At any rate, it's exciting that so many have stuck with your diet and made their amazing goals!

HalfAgain -- super fun to see a live performance. They are so much fun. I can hardly wait until you fit in your black sequined dress and post photos. You can think about how great you'll look in your sparkly frock while passing on the food at dinner.

Fishette -- My reaction was the same as yours when Evepet mentioned buying Xmas gifts at this tire store. I pictured her tree on Christmas morning, with piles of wrapped radials nestled underneath. And then I pictured the people receiving these presents. I pictured big guys, in overalls, wearing John Deere Tractor hats. But I looked up Canandian Tires -- lots of neat-o stuff for sale. Including tires, I guess, if your tastes run that way.

Just started the 2nd week on IP, and it's getting easier. I tried the kale chips day before yesterday, and immediately went out and bought 4 for packets of kale. They were kind of weird, but I sure liked them. And the jicama with splenda and cinnamon is really tasty, too.

I'm finding this such a good resource!
  • Don't tell the IP police, but I actually skipped phase 2. I was feeling rebellious and ready for a closer to normal diet.
  • Quote: Do you Canadians buy everything from the tire store? Then again, no one has said they bought some tires there. Just curious...
    Yep, we buy lots of stuff from "Crappy Tire" including tires. They were originally automotive but then evolved into home stuff too. Really great for Christmas decorating, kitchen appliances, cook wear, gardening supplies and plants trees etc., etc.
  • Quote: My teenage son, who is often too smart for his own good, figured out what one of his gifts was this morning. We bought him a blue tooth speaker for his iphone so he could play the music stored on his phone, and it was wrapped and placed with all of the other gifts in the living room. So he's in the living room on his phone, fooling around with the bluetooth on it, and all of a sudden music starts coming out of one of his gifts. Of course that stinker figured out very quickly what we got him. We ended up giving it to him early. Now he will just have 7 gifts to open instead of the 8, for the 8 nights of Hanukkah.

Remember the Kodak gifts used to come with cards that said OPEN ME FIRST? This is the modern updated version of that. LOL

I was busy running around with hubby as he was getting scans etc for his visit to surgeon for 6 month check up from his lung surgery for cancer. He has recovered so quickly I am sure his news will continue to be good.
    But again forgot to get Hanukkah gifts. Guess my niece and nephew think I am the " 8th night gifter". My gifts are always last.
  • Quote: Do you Canadians buy everything from the tire store? Then again, no one has said they bought some tires there. Just curious...
    Quote: Fishette -- My reaction was the same as yours when Evepet mentioned buying Xmas gifts at this tire store. I pictured her tree on Christmas morning, with piles of wrapped radials nestled underneath. And then I pictured the people receiving these presents. I pictured big guys, in overalls, wearing John Deere Tractor hats. But I looked up Canandian Tires -- lots of neat-o stuff for sale. Including tires, I guess, if your tastes run that way.

Just started the 2nd week on IP, and it's getting easier. I tried the kale chips day before yesterday, and immediately went out and bought 4 for packets of kale. They were kind of weird, but I sure liked them. And the jicama with splenda and cinnamon is really tasty, too.

I'm finding this such a good resource!
    Quote: Yep, we buy lots of stuff from "Crappy Tire" including tires. They were originally automotive but then evolved into home stuff too. Really great for Christmas decorating, kitchen appliances, cook wear, gardening supplies and plants trees etc., etc.

Thanks for the little giggle while reading your comments BushyTailed. The Canadian Tire store isn't really very aptly named these days. Radials aren't on my Christmas gift list this year.
    As Patns explained Canadian Tire sells a wide array of household stuff. Today I picked up a couple of stocking stuffer items, as well as a food processor and Lagostina non-stick frying pan for myself. At this week's sale prices I couldn't resist indulging myself. I grew up in a farming community and there were certainly quite a few guys (not all necessarily 'big') wearing John Deere caps .... but not where I'll be giving and receiving presents this Christmas morning.
  • Quote: I love seeing your update pictures because we started at the same weight and your goal is the same as mine. I lost the last 30 with IP but 44 before that....But at your current weight your body shape is pretty much what mine is at 135. You are going to look fantastic at goal.
    Yes, we're the same height. I'm actually thinking of making my goal 130 so I have a little room there. I'll see how I feel when I get to 135.

Quote: Joysh - love the new pics - you're looking fabulous!
    Thanks, greeniris!

Quote: I just found out I'm going with a group from work to see the Seattle Men's Chorus doing "Baby it's Cold Outside" this weekend. Hubby doesn't get to come with, but it should be fun with my co-workers to hang with. One of my team mates sings in the Chorus http://backbeatseattle.com/2012/12/0...benaroya-hall/
    Sounds like fun! Hope you take a picture in your outfit!

I just got back from chorus practice. I've been singing with the Red River Chorale this year and it's loads of fun. We're getting ready for our Christmas concert next week. It's beautiful music: Ceremony of Carols by Benj. Britten and Rutter's Gloria with a little orchestra. The music is wonderful. The women have to wear these special long black dresses. I did not want to invest the money in a dress this fall because I think I'll be smaller by the next concert. So I borrowed a dress in October for the October concert from someone who isn't singing this year. It was a size 10 and I was amazed that it fit! I haven't tried it on yet for next week, but I'm sure it will be big already. Ah, well. The joys of shrinking!
  • Morning all! Been MIA for several days and there sure is alot of news on here to share. Congrats everyone..MOLLY, you did it! Inspiring is what comes to mind. Halfagain love the haircut and color, makes me want to run out and get mine cut but I usually sit in the chair ready for change and my stylist will say.."your usual cut?" I chicken out every time.

Rainbow welcome back! Running late this morning but just wanted to say Hi to everyone. You're an amazing group of women for "cyberpals."

Have a great day!
  • All of you are so inspiring. Worked the last four days fri-mon. Have a couple of days off now. More time to read and post.

joysh It's been along time since I sang in the community chorus,it was fun. Working afternoons does not let me commit to much in the evenings. But it is better for my health and diet than midnights was,so give and take.

Halfagain Our area as many opportunities for going out. My sister, a friend and I recently saw Man from Malancha done by the local theater. They are very good. Went to vegee restaurant before and had a wonderful big salad. Good night out.

WI tomorrow, feel good
  • Quote: Remember the Kodak gifts used to come with cards that said OPEN ME FIRST? This is the modern updated version of that. LOL

I was busy running around with hubby as he was getting scans etc for his visit to surgeon for 6 month check up from his lung surgery for cancer. He has recovered so quickly I am sure his news will continue to be good.
    But again forgot to get Hanukkah gifts. Guess my niece and nephew think I am the " 8th night gifter". My gifts are always last.
    Hope your husband has a great doctor visit.
  • Hello everyone, happy Tuesday, so glad to here from all of you, yesterday I got a little concerned when our thread was blank from about 11 till ? Anyway I'm happy to read all about everyone! I'm off to help in laws load and unload wood, should be a lot of good bending involved I'm sure. Talk at you later. Teena
  • Hi, all - don't know how I forgot to share this yesterday, but I put on a pair of size 8 pants for work - been holding back because I didn't think I was there yet - and THEY FIT! I am happy now and have no desire to lose more weight or be a smaller size. I honestly didn't think when I started at an 18 that I would ever be that size - I was thinking maybe a 12.

I have lots of clothes now that need to go - mostly 12s and 14s - I will post this stuff on the clothing exchange eventually, but offering here first, since my clothes are probably more mature styles, if that makes sense. If you're looking for clothes in those sizes, let me know and I'll let you know what I've got. They gotta go so its not too easy for me to slide back into old habits.
  • lizzy....... awesome news!!!!!!!!!!! way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Quote: Hi, all - don't know how I forgot to share this yesterday, but I put on a pair of size 8 pants for work - been holding back because I didn't think I was there yet - and THEY FIT! I am happy now and have no desire to lose more weight or be a smaller size. I honestly didn't think when I started at an 18 that I would ever be that size - I was thinking maybe a 12.

I have lots of clothes now that need to go - mostly 12s and 14s - I will post this stuff on the clothing exchange eventually, but offering here first, since my clothes are probably more mature styles, if that makes sense. If you're looking for clothes in those sizes, let me know and I'll let you know what I've got. They gotta go so its not too easy for me to slide back into old habits.
    Yea! Lizzy good for you, and I would be all over those cloths but I plan on wearing a 8/10 myself, in about jan/ feb. can't wait!
  • Quote: First of all, I'm impressed that several of you are in Phase 3. I assume you had to first do a Phase 2 (I signed up for IP through Ideal To Go website, so I didn't get all the info. I need to look it up so I have it in mind.) At any rate, it's exciting that so many have stuck with your diet and made their amazing goals!
    I did do 2 weeks of P2 before going on to P3.
    Quote: Don't tell the IP police, but I actually skipped phase 2. I was feeling rebellious and ready for a closer to normal diet.
    Lizzy - you're such a rebel! LOL

Quote: Hi, all - don't know how I forgot to share this yesterday, but I put on a pair of size 8 pants for work - been holding back because I didn't think I was there yet - and THEY FIT! I am happy now and have no desire to lose more weight or be a smaller size. I honestly didn't think when I started at an 18 that I would ever be that size - I was thinking maybe a 12.
    WhooooHooooo!