HELP...I hate Veggies...any veggie smoothie ideas

• I just started IP again and I really hate veggies. I did IP a year ago and choked down what I needed and did lose weight but eventually I would just think of the veggies I had to eat and almost gag. Same thing happening again. I'm thinking if there is a smoothie made of veggies that may help me. I can at least drink it quick. Most of the recipes I find have fruit in them so they don't fit the plan.
    HELP!!!
  • I will cook and then puree either cauliflower or broccoli and add it to my chicken soup. I use a couple more ounces of water when I make the soup because the veggie puree really makes it thick.
  • Many of us put spinach in our shakes. Blend it up with the liquid before you put the protein powder in. I put a cup of spinach in my breakfast shake. You can't taste it and it adds volume to the drink.
  • What about a vegetable soup? It might be more palatable than taking vegetables straight up. You can even do a pureed soup.
  • I think I'll try putting it in a shake and see how that goes. Thanks, I hadn't thought about that.
  • You also might want to branch out and try some new veggies -- there's a whole recipe thread dedicated to turnip fries, zucchini chips (that are doctored to taste like applies), kale chips, jicama (YUM)...all sorts of ideas.

Personally, I have also developed a taste for sauteed spinach -- I can get some of my oil and salt in and 2c of spinach cooks down to like 6 bites
  • I blend 2c spinach with my chocolate drink. When I blend it long enough, usually 20 seconds, it is so fine I can't even tell and the taste is still chocolate.

I also have blended rhubarb but I currently add that to protein powder smoothies, but it would work with a shake like the blueberry cran pomp probably. It's definitely more chunky but rhubarb I like. Add stevia if it's too sour.
  • These are some great ideas! I like cooked veggies but not too crazy about raw. I like the idea of blending veggies and putting in soup. Thanks!
  • I, too, blend spinach in my drinks. I've done it with Chocolate (both mix and RTD), Vanilla RTD, and Wildberry Yogurt mix. You definitely can't taste the spinach and a great way to incorporate it into the diet as I am like you- hate eating the veggies.