Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 04:09 PM   #136  
Keeping it real!

S/C/G: 40/31/30 waist inches!

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
oooooo sweet angie....i was smiling and reading along and then SPIT MY TEA OUT....hahahahaha that is hilarious!!! give your dh a big hug from me!! maybe i need to change my name!!! hahahahaha
RainbowSmiles fits you perfectly! It just has to be in the right context Sorry about making you waste perfectly good tea
Old 01-15-2013, 08:19 PM   #137  

Anyone try these Chocolate crunchies from Nashua?

https://www.nashuanutrition.com/stor...ies-7-box.html

I'm looking for some options for my nighttime snack.

Also wondering about the white cheddar crisps?

https://www.nashuanutrition.com/stor...dar-7-box.html

TIA!
Old 01-15-2013, 08:44 PM   #138  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SassyGirl424 View Post

TIA!
I have had the white cheddar crisps. I liked them. They could be a problem, so I keep them back in a corner most of the time.

Molly
Old 01-15-2013, 11:19 PM   #139  

S/C/G: HW 175/140/125

Height: 5'5

HEy everyone!! after losing 15 lbs on IP i am now also jumping ship as i could not afford. I was just wondering if there anyone in canada who knows where to get the supplies other than ordering them online? I realized a lot of the products the people are using are in the states only and need to be ordered. I was hoping just to go into a store and pick up the products. I am not picky. If anyone can help i would really really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Keish
Old 01-15-2013, 11:26 PM   #140  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SassyGirl424 View Post

TIA!
I love the chocolate crunches!
Old 01-15-2013, 11:28 PM   #141  

PS. All I am really looking for is just the shakes and bars.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:00 AM   #142  

Also. What does RTD stand for?
Old 01-16-2013, 11:11 AM   #143  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keish View Post
Also. What does RTD stand for?
Ready To Drink
Old 01-16-2013, 03:46 PM   #144  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Weight Loss Systems Creamy Cheesecake Pudding: Heaven!!! Tastes like the filling of a cheesecake with the same texture, amazing!!! Definitely re-ordering.

Weight Loss Systems Toffee Creme Pudding: Good flavor but more of a custard texture than actual pudding. Still good though.

One thing I'm not thrilled about is that they both have a few grams less protein than IP puddings. Also, it is a significantly smaller portion.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:35 PM   #145  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
Weight Loss Systems Creamy Cheesecake Pudding: Heaven!!! Tastes like the filling of a cheesecake with the same texture, amazing!!! Definitely re-ordering.

Weight Loss Systems Toffee Creme Pudding: Good flavor but more of a custard texture than actual pudding. Still good though.

One thing I'm not thrilled about is that they both have a few grams less protein than IP puddings. Also, it is a significantly smaller portion.
The protein content is true of just about all alternatives, with the exception of some of the protein shakes. All I do to compensate is have an egg for a snack, that usually covers the difference if I'm a little under on my protein
Old 01-16-2013, 04:37 PM   #146  

S/C/G: 290/241/145

Height: 5'4"

Well, it's been a day and a half. Hubby was starting a new job and was on his way to making great money - and we found out the regional manager who hired him didn't do his job aaaaaannnndddd.... now hubby is unemployed in 2 weeks time. 2 weeks from today, or two weeks from Monday past, we have yet to find out. Jerk.

Anyway, since this means a waiting period for his unemployment cheques, and already being stretched thin, I have to either quit IP or switch to alternatives until things get better.

So, I have decided to order the EAS Advantage shakes online since the closest WalMart is 3 hours away... any Canadians that order from lowcarbgrocery.com? What do you use for snacks? Are the Advantage bars any good? I don't want to buy a huge box and end up having to choke them down...

Pretty discouraged here today, but I am determined to carry on! Thanks in advance for any advice you can give, ladies and gents!
Old 01-16-2013, 10:58 PM   #147  

Hi everyone,
Just one final question or a few i should say. I am ordering from the low carb website. I will be ordering the Syntrax Nectar shakes as my two shakes. However for a snake since they dont have pure protein on that website can i order NUGO, CHOCORITE, or OHYEAH?? I would really appreciate the help as i would like to put in an order tomorrow.

Thanks,
Kee
Old 01-17-2013, 12:34 AM   #148  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

I found the easiest way to start with alternatives in Canada was with proteinwell.ca The protiwell and protidiet things are very compatible to IP products.

I also order from the lowcarb grocery but found it harder to compare their products to Ip.
You don't say where you live but if you have a Dr B clinic nearby their RTD drinks are the same as IP and the bars also but at a fraction of the price.

Premier Nutrition drinks and Detour bars at Costco are also good.
Old 01-17-2013, 06:05 AM   #149  

S/C/G: 290/241/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
I found the easiest way to start with alternatives in Canada was with proteinwell.ca The protiwell and protidiet things are very compatible to IP products.

I also order from the lowcarb grocery but found it harder to compare their products to Ip.
You don't say where you live but if you have a Dr B clinic nearby their RTD drinks are the same as IP and the bars also but at a fraction of the price.

Premier Nutrition drinks and Detour bars at Costco are also good.
Thanks for the advice, patns; Unfortunately I live in the middle of nowhere - not even a Walmart! I looked at a bottle of Weider protein powder that I have, and it would *probably* be ok, but I'd rather start with something tried and true.

I looked at proteinwell.ca, and also lowcarbgrocery. I think what I'll do is order packs of the EAS advantage shakes for now, stock up for about a month's worth, and then maybe in a couple of weeks order from proteinwell - the pizza is screaming my name

Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-17-2013, 06:37 AM   #150  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyangie View Post
So I'm on Nashua's site, ordering that cheesecake pudding!!! I was wondering if anyone has tried any of the carb blockers?

Funny story about your husband and Raiunbow!!

Re carb blockers, I bought Natrol's Carb Interceptor but haven't used it yet. Looks like a potential maintenance product. There are lots of reviews on Amazon for this product, I read all of them, was intrigued.

Re buying alternatives in Canada, can you purchase from www.netrition.com? I live in the US and it's a site I use often however, I think my Canadian friends also use that site. Think about getting the Da Vinci syrups, you can buy the black cherry syrup from them and turn your cheesecake pudding into the bl cherry cheesecake pudding Rainbow mentioned above. They have so many flavors, you'll think you died and went to heaven. Really. I also buy my Syntrax Nector protein powder from them. I buy my Carbquik there too, it's a low carb Bisquick powder, use it the same way. Be sure to add an egg white to whatever you make or just add that egg/egg white to another meal to make sure you get all the protein you need.

Last edited by Chloe222; 01-17-2013 at 08:06 AM.
Closed Thread