Alternative products that will work on Phase 1

You're on Page 5 of 34
Go to
  • bumping for new folks
  • Danger, Will Robinson!!

I think I have found a new love - Syntrax Nectar shakes! My nutrition store sells the big tubs (32 servings) but I noticed today that they ALSO have single serve packets. I picked up a couple to try, I'm not a huge shake person but I wouldn't mind the convenience of shakes for breakfast. Well tonight for my snack, I tried the Double Stuffed Cookie - YUMMMMMMMMMMM. I used 12 oz of water and it made it a little thin, but I'm betting with 8oz it would be a nice, thick-ish shake that would beat any Oreo craving into submission!!!

here are the stats per serving:
    100 cal
    0.5g fat
    4g carbs
    23g protein
    NO Aspartame
  • Quote: Danger, Will Robinson!!

I think I have found a new love - Syntrax Nectar shakes! My nutrition store sells the big tubs (32 servings) but I noticed today that they ALSO have single serve packets. I picked up a couple to try, I'm not a huge shake person but I wouldn't mind the convenience of shakes for breakfast. Well tonight for my snack, I tried the Double Stuffed Cookie - YUMMMMMMMMMMM. I used 12 oz of water and it made it a little thin, but I'm betting with 8oz it would be a nice, thick-ish shake that would beat any Oreo craving into submission!!!

100 cal
    0.5g fat
    4g carbs
    23g protein
    NO Aspartame
    I've been using those for months now. My favorite is the Chocolate Truffle. I did go through a jar of the Double Stuffed Cookie and am on my second jar of the Truffle. You found a winner.

Molly

100 cal
    0.5g fat
    4g carbs
    23g protein
    NO Aspartame
    MUST have a nutrition store playdate soon!!!
  • Thank you!!!
  • Nashua Nutrition has free shipping on orders $49 or more until January 5th. Code:HOLIDAY49 at checkout US only!

International Customers : Use PromoCode HOLIDAY10 to
    receive $10 off towards your shipping cost on orders over $49.00.
    **Holiday Shipping Promotion Not Valid For Prior Orders.**
    **Promo Codes Are Case Sensitive**
  • Quote: I've been using those for months now. My favorite is the Chocolate Truffle. I did go through a jar of the Double Stuffed Cookie and am on my second jar of the Truffle. You found a winner.

Molly
    Quote: Danger, Will Robinson!!

100 cal
    0.5g fat
    4g carbs
    23g protein
    NO Aspartame
    I am going to have to try these. I bought the strawberry cream pudding from WLS and loved it, so it is definitely time to try more things. Thanks so much ladies. Keep the reviews and suggestions coming.

100 cal
    0.5g fat
    4g carbs
    23g protein
    NO Aspartame
    I looked up the Sytrax on Nashua and its own site and the only individual packs I could find the stats were
    Calories 90
    -Calories from Fat 0
    Total Fat 0
    -Saturated Fat 0
    Cholesterol <5g
    Total Carbs 0g
    -Dietary Fiber 0g
    -Sugars 0g
    Protein 23g
    for one pack of double stuffed cookie. Am I looking for the wrong thing?
  • Quote: I looked up the Sytrax on Nashua and its own site and the only individual packs I could find the stats were
    Calories 90
    -Calories from Fat 0
    Total Fat 0
    -Saturated Fat 0
    Cholesterol <5g
    Total Carbs 0g
    -Dietary Fiber 0g
    -Sugars 0g
    Protein 23g
    for one pack of double stuffed cookie. Am I looking for the wrong thing?
    I have the Chocolate Truffle in the container and it is right about the same (100 cal, 24 gr protein). I love the NO carbs.

Molly
  • Quote: I have the Chocolate Truffle in the container and it is right about the same (100 cal, 24 gr protein). I love the NO carbs.

Molly
    Ok great I just ordered some individual packs of the truffle and proti-diet pizza to try'p, and the mocha cream WLS pudding
  • Scorbett and/or Molly,
    I picked up a single serve package of Synthrax Nectar Vanilla Bean shake and mixed it with 10 oz. of water (directions say mix with 8-16 oz.). It's been sitting in the fridge for 20 minutes and I just went to drink it. However, it is almost clear and is the consistency of water. Have either of you experienced that with the Synthrax shakes? Maybe I used too much water.

Thanks in advance!
  • Quote: Scorbett and/or Molly,
    I picked up a single serve package of Synthrax Nectar Vanilla Bean shake and mixed it with 10 oz. of water (directions say mix with 8-16 oz.). It's been sitting in the fridge for 20 minutes and I just went to drink it. However, it is almost clear and is the consistency of water. Have either of you experienced that with the Synthrax shakes? Maybe I used too much water.

Thanks in advance!
    I have made the Chocolate Truffle with 8oz of water and 5 ice cubes (regular cubes from trays and not an ice maker) and it tastes okay, but does not have the consistency of using the shake and pudding mixes. It doesn't seem to thicken up like they do. I am a chocoholic, so I don't have any vanilla, but clear doesn't sound right.

Hope that helps.

Molly
  • Quote: Scorbett and/or Molly,

Thanks in advance!
    I have found that more than 8oz of water makes the drink mix too thin for my taste - it's definitely not the thick, protein-ish type of shake that IP's shakes are, but that's what I like about them I also stopped using the shaker and just stir with a spoon or whisk, they were getting more foamy than I like.
  • Thanks ladies!
  • Hey ladies! Going back to Phase 1 in January and my DH is joining me this time! Yay! So I want to do the alternatives to save some money - I've read through the thread and I've ordered a lot of the proti diet stuff (all <8 g carbs) - just want to make sure the oatmeals are considered restricted .. only 5g of carbs.
    I also got some of the smooties from Nashua - there's 1 gram of sugar in them, is that ok?