Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2013, 05:22 PM   #256  

S/C/G: 210/204/170-ish

Height: 5'8"

First of all, thank you to all you post. Your experience and information are SO helpful. I can't justify the cost of IP, so going alternatives route. Your suggestions and reviews are very useful. I am keeping a running online order on a tab and add items when I find a helpful review. Keep the info coming! And best wishes to all in your journeys.
Old 07-25-2013, 08:55 AM   #257  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

What is the difference in protein powders? I see soy and whey powders and am wondering if one is better than the other?
Old 07-25-2013, 08:58 AM   #258  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangMolly View Post
What is the difference in protein powders? I see soy and whey powders and am wondering if one is better than the other?
Hi, For me..I found I was allergic to soy based protein powders and could tolerate whey...I never heard any pros / cons for either... But what the heck do I know!

Here's some information that may be helpful...

http://www.livestrong.com/article/38...ein-for-women/

Last edited by New Englander; 07-25-2013 at 08:59 AM.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:37 AM   #259  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

I posted this in the daily chat yesterday but didn't get any response, so I thought here might be a better place...

Has anyone tried/looked into Herbal Magic's new protein supplements? I saw someone post about them on a facebook group that I am in so I googled and couldn't find much info, but I found the info for their caramel nut bar and it is pretty comparable to IP's caramel nut bar. I message and asked if there is a way to see the nutritional info of these items online, but they said to come in and check out the boxes. lol And I also asked if you can buy the products without signing up for Herbal, and was told yes, however I'm sure once I go in there, they will pressure me to join. I also asked about pricing, and again was told to come in.

Before I go in and tackle the sales pressure, just wanted to see if anyone else looked into them and knows if it's worth while as far as selection and cost-wise.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:37 AM   #260  
IP start Aug 2012

S/C/G: 260.2/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangMolly View Post
I had to switch to mostly alts b/c IP products are full of soy which is hard on thyroid & I started having thyroid problems

Simply chips and Quest bars to the rescue for my restricteds
Syntrax nectar for drinks & plain (unflavored) powder
Nashua nutrition and their great selection of puddings and shakes to round out the selection.

Last edited by lisa32989; 07-25-2013 at 09:40 AM.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:39 AM   #261  
IP start Aug 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
I posted this in the daily chat yesterday but didn't get any response, so I thought here might be a better place...

Has anyone tried/looked into Herbal Magic's new protein supplements? I saw someone post about them on a facebook group that I am in so I googled and couldn't find much info, but I found the info for their caramel nut bar and it is pretty comparable to IP's caramel nut bar. I message and asked if there is a way to see the nutritional info of these items online, but they said to come in and check out the boxes. lol And I also asked if you can buy the products without signing up for Herbal, and was told yes, however I'm sure once I go in there, they will pressure me to join. I also asked about pricing, and again was told to come in.

Before I go in and tackle the sales pressure, just wanted to see if anyone else looked into them and knows if it's worth while as far as selection and cost-wise.
I guess my response has to do with avoiding network marketing. There are so many other choices out there where I don't have to deal with pressure. Nashua nutrition has a great selection of bars.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:47 AM   #262  
Third time's the charm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I guess my response has to do with avoiding network marketing. There are so many other choices out there where I don't have to deal with pressure. Nashua nutrition has a great selection of bars.
I have ordered from Nashua in the past, however being in Canada by the time I pay shipping and custom fees, I'm not saving too much money. As of now I am doing IP on my own with alternative products because I want to use up what I have already purchased, and the bag full that my mom gave me, and I am still unsure if I am going to actually join a clinic until I am close to needing phase 2. When I did IP before it was through my place of employment, so I was trained as a coach, however I never coached anyone except for myself. lol

Last edited by shrinkingsusie; 07-25-2013 at 09:48 AM.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:49 AM   #263  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

I love Nashua Nutrition, in fact there is a box full of goodies from them sitting in my office as I type this. Thanks for the information on the soy protein, I think I'll start with a whey protein and see how that works for me. I don't have thyroid trouble but a couple of family members do.
Old 07-25-2013, 10:11 AM   #264  
IP start Aug 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
I have ordered from Nashua in the past, however being in Canada by the time I pay shipping and custom fees, I'm not saving too much money. As of now I am doing IP on my own with alternative products because I want to use up what I have already purchased, and the bag full that my mom gave me, and I am still unsure if I am going to actually join a clinic until I am close to needing phase 2. When I did IP before it was through my place of employment, so I was trained as a coach, however I never coached anyone except for myself. lol
The company that makes simply chips also makes bars. They are in Canada
Old 07-25-2013, 10:17 AM   #265  
Third time's the charm!

Quote:
The company that makes simply chips also makes bars. They are in Canada
Really? I never even heard of them. I will check it out. Are they all restricted? I only allow myself 3 restricted items a week.
Old 07-25-2013, 10:21 AM   #266  
Third time's the charm!

I can't seem to find the nutritional info on the site... are all items on there IP friendly?
Old 07-25-2013, 11:16 AM   #267  
IP start Aug 2012

When I click on any individual product, a nutritional label and ingredients list pops up

http://www.thesimplybar.com/simply_protein_chips

Yes. They are all restricted. Why only 3/week? The protocol calls for 1/day.

Last edited by lisa32989; 07-25-2013 at 11:17 AM.
Old 07-25-2013, 12:51 PM   #268  
Third time's the charm!

Quote:
When I click on any individual product, a nutritional label and ingredients list pops up

http://www.thesimplybar.com/simply_protein_chips

Yes. They are all restricted. Why only 3/week? The protocol calls for 1/day.
I take the 1/day as a maximum, not mandatory. When I started IP before we weren't even allowed to have a restricted in the first three weeks!!d

And thanks for the link. I think because I was viewing the Canadian site it is a little different.
Old 07-26-2013, 02:27 AM   #269  

S/C/G: 170/159.3/135

Height: 5'2

Default Alternative Omelette

My brother gave me some of his IP left-overs now that he is done with the program. & strictly on maintenance. I really liked the herb omelette. Is there a compatible alternative? I also liked the southwest snack chips (not sure what exactly they are called)

And on a slightly diff note. I tried the WLS oatmeal & every time I make it it boils over. I've tried a bigger bowl and checking it frequently and it always ends up bring wasted. Any other suggestions or better replacements for oatmeal?

Thank you!
Old 07-26-2013, 08:33 AM   #270  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusyMamma View Post
My brother gave me some of his IP left-overs now that he is done with the program. & strictly on maintenance. I really liked the herb omelette. Is there a compatible alternative? I also liked the southwest snack chips (not sure what exactly they are called)

And on a slightly diff note. I tried the WLS oatmeal & every time I make it it boils over. I've tried a bigger bowl and checking it frequently and it always ends up bring wasted. Any other suggestions or better replacements for oatmeal?

Thank you!
I had that problem with all microwaveable oatmeals. The larger bowl trick worked, but only when the larger bowl was ridiculously big. I had to use a medium sized mixing bowl. To save on dishes, and to waste less, I would eat from the mixing bowl.

I feel silly, like Goldilocks eating Papa Bear's porridge, but whatever works, you know?
Closed Thread