Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 07:03 AM   #1  

Default IP Daily Chat Thursday 11/29/2012

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
and here Fun with Veggie Purees!

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19
Old 11-29-2012, 07:44 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 150/123.4/115

Height: 5'2

Good morning ladies

at the official weigh in i lost 0.6, my fat went down from 38.70 to 37.80 and my muscle went up from 25.2 to 25.8. If those numbers are correct I now have more muscle than when I started out. I started at 25.0 muscles.

15 more to go, trying to really hit it on the nail 100%

did six week six pack by jillian michael's last night and this morning

i am not worried about the number on the scale, i want the muffin top zapped! building muscles is an added bonus. i will be able to eat more avacado on p4!
Old 11-29-2012, 07:54 AM   #3  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Good job Sonya! It will be nice to be able to eat avacados again =)

You are closer to that than I am though.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:58 AM   #4  

Ragdoll, you will get there, I plan on being on the boards for years to come, i am seeing a pattern, folks who stay active on the boards are more conscious and able to maintain the loss

Shedit congrats on the 4 pound loss!

AliciaMichelle, Las vegas you can stay OP, take your shakes and restricted, you can do this.

I just realized I completed 9 weeks WITH NO SUGAR , calls for a celebration!!
Old 11-29-2012, 09:21 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 153/138/120

Height: 5'3

Thanks ragdoll74! I had my WI today. It's been two weeks since my clinic was closed over thanksgiving but I'm down 6.8lbs for the two weeks! That's a total loss of 14.8lbs! I'm finding I hover around each ten pound increment and then WOW it's like it whooshes off. I'm feeling more confident about Vegas. They're saying we will have mini fridges as well as paid transportation to the grocery store. Anyone have any raw veggie suggestions? I'm so proud to be a part of this community and know others are there to support and to inspire bc of all the hard work and pay off y'all have WORKED for and achieved!
Old 11-29-2012, 09:28 AM   #6  

Congrats on your loss ALicia, you can definitely do Vegas, lot of stuff available in the hotel or walking distance.

you could bake kale chips ahead of time and take with you

I am trying to take deep breaths and not freak out over smaller losses, the upside is that the longer it takes to P4 the more break my pancreas will get without sugar, insulin spikes. win win.

Had stopped taking Vitamin D and biotin last 2 weeks, yesterday a bunch of hair fell out, back to biotin it is

Last edited by sonyainva; 11-29-2012 at 09:29 AM.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:43 AM   #7  

I have tickets to Bayou Country Superfest in May!!!!!!!!!!!!! Zac Brown, Miranda Lambert, Lady Antebellum, Darius Rucker and more....SO excited!!!!

Congrats to all. The losses and achievements help motivate me so much.For some reason I need that motivation today. I want too much non IP food. Hopefully I wont. I can do this

Last edited by maezy1; 11-29-2012 at 11:40 AM.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:48 AM   #8  

maezy, keep the end goal in mind

all those non ip things you crave will be right there for you, reset your pancreas, get your body in a healthy state, go through all the phases and then on your free day you can eat all those things you missed out on!
Old 11-29-2012, 10:04 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Yes you can, Maezy! Motivation can wax and wane-even when you're getting good results! I know mine does on a daily basis! But just keep on keepin' on. You're doing great.

sonya, that's great! Isn't it funny how we think 'no sugar??? impossible!' And then here we are, weeks later, feeling so much better. It's a matter of putting one foot in front of the other until you've walked 10 miles, I guess. Seems overwhelming but every day you do it makes it easier to have one more tomorrow.

Congrats on the great loss, Alecia!

Last edited by djs06; 11-29-2012 at 10:07 AM.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:14 AM   #10  
Started IP 5/9/12

S/C/G: 258/198/165

Height: 5'7"

Maezy, I'm jealous! Would LOVE to see all those artists together.

You came to the right place for motivation. I look here for mine, too.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:16 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 203/188/153

Height: "5'2"

I've been stuck at 188 for the last few days. TOM hit on Monday, which is also my WI day. I've been super frustrated, but trying to remember that I can't control it and to just let it pass. How long does the scale stay stubborn for others at their TOM?

Last edited by Dresa; 11-29-2012 at 10:16 AM.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:29 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 214/183/160

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dresa View Post
I've been stuck at 188 for the last few days. TOM hit on Monday, which is also my WI day. I've been super frustrated, but trying to remember that I can't control it and to just let it pass. How long does the scale stay stubborn for others at their TOM?

I am sure you keep reading here, but don't stress the scale. Especially since it looks like you are a daily weigher. If it stresses you out, you should really just go to weekly weigh in days. If you are on plan, it will move when your body is ready. Weight loss and weight gain are not linear. I weigh every day too, but don't let it stress me out. I do remember at one point I stayed the same weight for 10 days. My losses tend to come in one of 2 days and I stay the same most of the week. Even go up on some days. Good luck! You are doing great. Don't stress

Great weight losses around here these days, very inspirational.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:32 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 214/183/160

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by maezy1 View Post
I have tickets to Bayou Country Superfest in May!!!!!!!!!!!!! Zac Brown, Miranda Lambert, Lady Antebellum, Darius Rucker and more....SO excited!!!!

Congrats to all. The losses and achievements help motivate me so much.For some reason I need that motivation today. I want to much on non IP. Hopefully I wont. I can do this
I would love to see the Zac Brown Band, but does not look like they will be near Seattle this year. I did see Lady Antebellum and Darius Rucker together last year and it was so much fun! Have fun.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:42 AM   #14  

Height: 5'2"

I have my WI this afternoon. I'm just getting the hang of Phase 3 and continue to lose alittle weight every few days. I'v kicked up my exercise, last WI involved a loss of muscle mass, so I have been concentrating on making sure I have protein supplement after exercise. I'm hoping for a gain in muscle mass tonight. Still trying to get rid of the muffin top ( it is alot smaller than it was, but when I look in the mirror I still see it!)
Old 11-29-2012, 10:54 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 201/ 135/130

Height: 5FT 4in

Unhappy

Hi everyone.
I am getting a little discouraged, My husband and I have been on IP for almost 5 weeks. We had our weight in yesterday, my husband has lost 10 pounds in two weeks, I only lost 2.4. But the good thing is I have lost 25 inches and he only lost 8. so that was some reward Why am I having so much trouble with the weight? We eat exactly the same thing and the same amount. I'm Puzzled. Can anyone help?
Closed Thread