Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2012, 07:03 AM   #1  

Default IP Daily Chat Tuesday 12/11/2012

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
and here Fun with Veggie Purees!

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19
Old 12-11-2012, 07:24 AM   #2  
Restart Apr 8 2013

S/C/G: 218.6/207.6/141

Height: 5'6.5"

Good Morning, Shrinking People!

It is neat to think of how, as we shrink, we are growing in more profound ways!

My username should be changing sometime today. I had never participated in a forum and chose a name that doesn't allow me to share as much personally at times.

I have my third weigh in today!

I cheated for the first time yesterday and felt very discouraged but didn't cheat again and today is a new day! I left to take to take my youngest to school, forgetting that he had a doctor's appt. I usually have my real breakfast right after I drop him off. I remembered the appt. and diverted to the doctor. We had angry storms here yesterday morning, and as we left the doctor it took forever to get him back to school, and was feeling weaker. Upon leaving, I got caught by a train. I've been hypoglycemic since I was a kid. While waiting for the train, I started to worry I was goinog to pass out. Checked my blood sugar, and it was too low! (Not easy to do with shaking hands in a car being shaken by a passing train!) I scoured my car (I had taken my travel IP bag in on Sunday to refresh it and forgot to throw it in for my "quick" trip to drop my son off at school.) As a last resort, I ate my son's leftover cinnamon roll, licking off the icing first. (Lucky he had a special treat yesterday) I was disappointed in myself because with planning, I wouldn't have needed to cheat.
Moral of the story: PLAN PLAN PLAN!

I hope it doesn't take long to get that out of my system!

I sure hope you have a fabulous day, everyone!!! I read such great success stories here yesterday. I lurk all day, but this is about the only time I am guaranteed time I can post!

I wanted to join the 100% yesterday since Sunday was the first time I got in ALL the food requirements, but after the cheat, had to wait until today!

Take wonderful care, folks!!! -Will update with my weigh in...
Old 12-11-2012, 07:32 AM   #3  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaelbelle View Post
Good Morning, Shrinking People!

It is neat to think of how, as we shrink, we are growing in more profound ways!

My username should be changing sometime today. I had never participated in a forum and chose a name that doesn't allow me to share as much personally at times.

I have my third weigh in today!

I cheated for the first time yesterday and felt very discouraged but didn't cheat again and today is a new day! I left to take to take my youngest to school, forgetting that he had a doctor's appt. I usually have my real breakfast right after I drop him off. I remembered the appt. and diverted to the doctor. We had angry storms here yesterday morning, and as we left the doctor it took forever to get him back to school, and was feeling weaker. Upon leaving, I got caught by a train. I've been hypoglycemic since I was a kid. While waiting for the train, I started to worry I was goinog to pass out. Checked my blood sugar, and it was too low! (Not easy to do with shaking hands in a car being shaken by a passing train!) I scoured my car (I had taken my travel IP bag in on Sunday to refresh it and forgot to throw it in for my "quick" trip to drop my son off at school.) As a last resort, I ate my son's leftover cinnamon roll, licking off the icing first. (Lucky he had a special treat yesterday) I was disappointed in myself because with planning, I wouldn't have needed to cheat.
Moral of the story: PLAN PLAN PLAN!

I hope it doesn't take long to get that out of my system!

I sure hope you have a fabulous day, everyone!!! I read such great success stories here yesterday. I lurk all day, but this is about the only time I am guaranteed time I can post!

I wanted to join the 100% yesterday since Sunday was the first time I got in ALL the food requirements, but after the cheat, had to wait until today!

Take wonderful care, folks!!! -Will update with my weigh in...
i totally understand about the cheating and feeling discouraged....but you are doing the BEST THING....putting it behind you and moving on....i always think of the quote from Anne of Green Gables...

“Isn't it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet?”
― L.M. Montgomery

in the past i would let a slip up derail me for months sometimes years, but now i realize that it sometimes happens, dust yourself off and just move on and yes, plan plan plan!!

hope you have a lovely day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ps......LOVE THE SHRINKING PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by rainbowsmiles; 12-11-2012 at 07:33 AM.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:40 AM   #4  
Restart Apr 8 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
.i always think of the quote from Anne of Green Gables...

“Isn't it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet?”
― L.M. Montgomery

ps......LOVE THE SHRINKING PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you!!! It is harder emotionally to move on from a cheat than I imagined. And honestly, the temptation the rest of the day surprised me, even made me a bit angry. How dare my brain try to trick me like that???

I love Anne!

I can't help but think of us all as the INCREDIBLE shrinking I People. Because everyone here, showing up, trying, doing it, picking themselves back up, helping each other, really is incredible...
Old 12-11-2012, 08:37 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 286/148/160

Height: 5'7"

Good morning everyone -

I'm looking for a little advice

I am struggling today because tonight is my work holiday party.

It is a very small group of women there will be lots of food there that I will not eat because it is not on plan. I have been on IP 100% for 53 days and am not interested in cheating - so it isn't the food temptations I'm worrried about.

I am worried about the questions and/or comments about why I'm not drinking or having dessert etc. I don't feel like being in the spotlight answering questions about how I'm eating. 3 of the 7 women know what I am doing and 2 have been very supportive.

1 is always saying things that embarrass me (I'm know I'm overly sensitive) Like shouting down the hall Did you cheat for your birthday? What do you mean you made a cake and didn't eat any???? I don't think she means any harm she just doesn't think sometimes.

I have been thinking I should just stay home rather than be uncomfortable.

I know this is not the answer.

any suggestions?
Old 12-11-2012, 08:52 AM   #6  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by onmyway1014 View Post
Good morning everyone -

It is a very small group of women there will be lots of food there that I will not eat because it is not on plan. I have been on IP 100% for 53 days and am not interested in cheating - so it isn't the food temptations I'm worrried about.

I am worried about the questions and/or comments about why I'm not drinking or having dessert etc. I don't feel like being in the spotlight answering questions about how I'm eating. 3 of the 7 women know what I am doing and 2 have been very supportive.

1 is always saying things that embarrass me (I'm know I'm overly sensitive) Like shouting down the hall Did you cheat for your birthday? What do you mean you made a cake and didn't eat any???? I don't think she means any harm she just doesn't think sometimes.

any suggestions?
first off let me say...DO NOT STAY HOME....GO....GO HAVE FUN AND ENJOY!!!

with that said, i get it...i just went to my husband christmas party...and found it much easier than i imagined and i stressed over it for weeks!

as for not "drinking", i took dasani wild berry drops and added them to my water in a wine glass and no one noticed!!! i always had my drink in my hand and sipped slowly, and no one noticed i didn't have more than 1 drink

when dessert came around, i ordered coffee....and was so busy talking and laughing and no one even paid any attention that i wasn't eating dessert!!

YOU CAN DO IT! just set your mind to do it!! and you will

i am learning to NEVER DEPRIVE MYSELF ANYMORE of social activities...because of what others may think!!!

the people who love you will support you, thats all that matters!!

HAVE FUN AND LET US KNOW ALL ABOUT IT!!
Old 12-11-2012, 08:55 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by onmyway1014 View Post
Good morning everyone -

It is a very small group of women there will be lots of food there that I will not eat because it is not on plan. I have been on IP 100% for 53 days and am not interested in cheating - so it isn't the food temptations I'm worried about.

LIBERTYBELLE - I got caught in that same storm going to the dr office and got stopped by a train!!! I must have been right beside you!! hahaha.....
You cannot change yesterday. You only have power over today and you WILL do great getting back on program!!!!! HAve faith in yourself !

LIBERTYBELLE - I got caught in that nasty weather as well trying to get to my doctor's office!!!!! It was pretty bad. Put yesterday behind you and move on!!!!

any suggestions?
Go to the party!!!!!! Pull your associate aside and ask her for her support and let her know that in your mind cheating is not an option and that you are proud of yourself for not even having the desire to cheat. She may start to be better about her comments. And no, you're not being too sensitive!

Last edited by maezy1; 12-11-2012 at 09:06 AM.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:56 AM   #8  
Restart Apr 8 2013

onmyway: If you don' feel talking about the diet, maybe just say honestly, "I just don't feel like eating this right now but really wanted to be here with you anyway" Which is the truth.

I would also ask the two folks who are very supportive to help you steer clear of the topic by redirecting the conversation if it does come up.

As well, I'd have something IP that I really enjoy before I go so that I can avoid temptation, even if I don't expect it.

Bringing food can be iffy because if it appears to be "diet" food, it might spur conversation, so if I do, I'd bring something that doesn't bring up the question.

You can do this!!!

We've stayed home enough because of our weight, don't stay home when you are making so much progress!!!
Old 12-11-2012, 09:02 AM   #9  
IP Start: 8/17/12

S/C/G: 183/150/150

Height: 5'5"

onmyway1014 -
Just a few suggestions for your holiday party:

Drink water with lemon while you are there or coffee.
If you think you will find something to eat, choose veggie and lean protein.
If you don't think you will find something, then eat before you go.
Carry a snack (IP Bar or RTD) with you just in case. You don't have to eat it at the table. But, an extra pack is better than cheating.
Enjoy the company of your co-workers.

How to deal with questions and insensitive co-workers? If anyone asks, provide a short explanation that you are on a temporary, medically supervised diet. I've found most people don't even notice. As far as the insensitive co-worker, you can just give them a blank stare if they provide negative comments or tell them directly that what they are doing/saying is hurtful. Maybe you can enlist your supportive co-workers to back you up here.

Enjoy!
Old 12-11-2012, 09:03 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 213/196/150

Height: 5'4

Default Early IP Plateau?

Good morning everyone! I'm feeling a little discouraged this week. I've been on IP going on 6 weeks now, and as of last Saturday, I'm down 17 lbs. I started off at 213 lbs and currently 196. The first few weeks were great. Week 1 I lost 6 lbs! Week 2, I lost 5 lbs. The last 3 weeks, I've only lost 2 lbs a week. I haven't cheated once either. I made it through Thanksgiving, and have successfully made it through numerous Birthday parties, restaurants and holidays parties without even a bite of deliciousness or a sip of alcohol. I use keytone strips every day to make sure I'm doing this right, and I always have small to moderate results.

I feel that if I had a bigger boost in weight loss (even 3 lbs a week) I would feel confident to keep going. I hate having my doubts as I see how great this program is for so many people and I love the structure the program has given me. I just expected a little more for the sacrifice and money spent. I think my biggest fear is weighing in and seeing nothing lost. I just have such a long way to go, as my goal is to lose another 40 lbs before my wedding November 2013. My coach told me not to go dress shopping for awhile b/c they can only take in the dress so much. I do need to go soon though. I guess my questions are…

Are plateaus so early in the diet normal? Will my weight loss pick up (as I'm still following the plan to a T). Do I have to switch my food up? And finally, would light cardio exercise help speed things along? Thank you in advance.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:11 AM   #11  

LibertyBelle - I go t caught int hat same storm yesterday going to the dr office and got stopped by a train!!! we must have been next to each other!!! hahaha
You cant change yesterday. You only have power over food choices for today and you will do your best I can tell!!! BE proud that you are jumping right back on the wagon today!
OK Bgirl - gonna tell you what I was told - ONLY and JUST when talking about weight losses are four letter words!!!! What other diet have you lost 4 lbs in 2 weeks!!!!!! Be proud and keep on going. Some weeks I have big losses, other weeks small losses but all are losses!
Old 12-11-2012, 09:33 AM   #12  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

onmyway- the simplest thing you can say is that I have a very restrictive diet right now. If anyone presses you, just say you would rather not discuss it. The key is being prepared with an answer, you don't want to be caught off guard.

BGirl- 2 lbs a week isn't a stall, a stall is when you don't change weight at all for 3 weeks. Everyone loses differently and 2 lbs a week is really good (I'd kill for 2 lbs a week right now). Just make sure you are getting all your water, and following the plan 100%. The loses will vary each week, but you are still losing. Keep it up, you're doing great.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:02 AM   #13  
Restart: 1/5/15

S/C/G: 212/199.2/140

Height: 5'9"/36 yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGirl33 View Post
Good morning everyone! I'm feeling a little discouraged this week. I've been on IP going on 6 weeks now, and as of last Saturday, I'm down 17 lbs. I started off at 213 lbs and currently 196. The first few weeks were great. Week 1 I lost 6 lbs! Week 2, I lost 5 lbs. The last 3 weeks, I've only lost 2 lbs a week. I haven't cheated once either. I made it through Thanksgiving, and have successfully made it through numerous Birthday parties, restaurants and holidays parties without even a bite of deliciousness or a sip of alcohol. I use keytone strips every day to make sure I'm doing this right, and I always have small to moderate results.

I feel that if I had a bigger boost in weight loss (even 3 lbs a week) I would feel confident to keep going. I hate having my doubts as I see how great this program is for so many people and I love the structure the program has given me. I just expected a little more for the sacrifice and money spent. I think my biggest fear is weighing in and seeing nothing lost. I just have such a long way to go, as my goal is to lose another 40 lbs before my wedding November 2013. My coach told me not to go dress shopping for awhile b/c they can only take in the dress so much. I do need to go soon though. I guess my questions are…

Are plateaus so early in the diet normal? Will my weight loss pick up (as I'm still following the plan to a T). Do I have to switch my food up? And finally, would light cardio exercise help speed things along? Thank you in advance.
Hi!

I understand how you feel. I have gone through phases early on where my losses slowed and I became impatient. And then I GAINED! When I was 100% OP. I stayed steady for almost two weesk at that gain and then it all fell off right before my next WI. This diet is wonkity and, for me, losses come in fits and spurts.

All that being said, 2lbs a week is a high level of loss! You don't have all that much to lose, so it might take longer for you than others to reach your goal. I've heard that the closer to goal you are, the slower the pounds come off.

I'm not sure if this program is what you are looking for or not, but my one piece of advice to you would be to stick with some sort of healthy, weightloss focused lifestyle starting now. You'll be at goal LONG before your wedding. That way all of your parties, dress fittings(!), etc. will be done at GOAL WEIGHT! I'm a bit stressed because I cut things too close and, for my April wedding, I will barely be at goal if all goes well. I wish I had a few months to enjoy goal weight before heading into that fun time.

Good luck!!
Old 12-11-2012, 10:04 AM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
onmyway- the simplest thing you can say is that I have a very restrictive diet right now. If anyone presses you, just say you would rather not discuss it. The key is being prepared with an answer, you don't want to be caught off guard.

BGirl- 2 lbs a week isn't a stall, a stall is when you don't change weight at all for 3 weeks. Everyone loses differently and 2 lbs a week is really good (I'd kill for 2 lbs a week right now). Just make sure you are getting all your water, and following the plan 100%. The loses will vary each week, but you are still losing. Keep it up, you're doing great.
Ditto! Well said Ragdoll. Two pounds per week is great!
Old 12-11-2012, 10:12 AM   #15  

has anyone warmed up the dark choc pudding and made it into hot choc?
Closed Thread