Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2012, 08:22 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 267/159/150

Height: 5"3

Quote:
Originally Posted by My2loseW8 View Post
I am in! Let's storm the clinic.. hehe. But seriously, I agree -2.2 is a great week!

I missed some introductions...So many new IPeeps!!! It is so great to see you all!!!! Welcome!!!
Thank you!!! Wow there seems to be a lot of people from Alaska.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:26 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 274/212/190

Height: 5ft 3in

Quote:
Originally Posted by kileymed13 View Post
WI today and -2.2. I was happy with it but my coach was not. She wrote the weight on her paper and said, "not a great week". I lost a total of 2 inches as well. The office also now has you sign in on a paper and documents your weight loss and the number of packets you purchased. She said she was not sure what that was about but she was doing what she was asked to. Really leaning towards switching to alternatives but I am afraid if I don't have a weekly WI with the coach I will slack off a little.

Congrats to everyone for their losses.
This person I won't even call her a coach is crazy. Any loss is a positive.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:26 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 158/141/130

Height: 5 5"

Had a great weigh in yesterday! Now today, I ate Birthday cake...grrrrrr. My son turned 11 today, and I unfortunately gave in to a rather BIG piece of cake....Now I feel so bloated and guilty
Old 11-28-2012, 08:29 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 158/141/130

Height: 5 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jampooh View Post
This person I won't even call her a coach is crazy. Any loss is a positive.
I hate to hear of coaches like this! My coach is so wonderful and always encourges...never makes you feel bad!
Old 11-28-2012, 09:18 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 277.8/240/190

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinie89 View Post
i just had my second weigh in lost another 8lbs im soo excited i cant belive how im feeling already 12 days in and 17lbs lighter - my coach got the new pasta in so i was very excited she had it so fast having it for lunch today =)
That is AWESOME!! Congrats and keep it up
Old 11-28-2012, 10:00 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaNurse View Post
Sonyainva: I love this quote: it's a journey and i am enjoying it !! Who would ever think losing weight could be sort of fun and exciting???

Sahmmommy2 and Yaelbelle: Cooking at my house is insane. My husband and kid are carbo lovers, (He made ham, corn, potatos, and rice for one meal when I was working!!) and they are both very picky. She's 4, he's just a pia who I have to nag (hate to say it) to eat leftovers. This is somewhat amusing since he lived in a house of 7kids and there were no leftovers and you ate what was given to you, or not at all.
It's driving me nuts!! I am still cooking for myself and for them.

Oneofthreegirls: When you put it in the $1000, then the thought of IP is scary and overwhelming. I plan to look into alternatives. It sucks that losing wieght can be so expensive, but other 'addictions' are covered by insurance. (((hugs)))

suchawittygal: Congrats new ticker Sista!!!

Kileymed13: Yikes!! Even the coach I had last week was good with my 1.2 loss. What is wrong with these people???

scorbett: I don't think I am ready for your scrubs yet. Some of my old ones are too big again, but I bet yours are too small. But I do want Curious George!!
BTW: You are the only person in my real life that knows my real weight. I don't even think my husband does.

I say we donate a dollar each to scorbett to get her clinic up and running!! I have heard more unhappy stories about coaches than happy ones here.

As for everyone else, thank you for your kindness and support. It's starting to feel like home here.
Hey NinjaNurse, My hubby and kids are the same. They would live on carbs if I let them. I've been dropping hints to my hubby that things have to change. Seriously, the man can eat anything and not gain a pound. The kids luckily have his "skinny" gene. Me, I come from a long line of easy keepers!
Old 11-28-2012, 10:03 PM   #67  
60 great years young

S/C/G: 188/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

My first WI today -4#. I am excited and appreciate all of you!
Old 11-28-2012, 10:05 PM   #68  
8/23/12 - 1/6/13

S/C/G: 170/140/135

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneofThreeGirls View Post
I'm feeling very bummed today. I had to quit IP today. Any tips for me to stay on track with a less expensive route? I've lost almost 20 lbs in 9 weeks...but that cost me over $1000. I just can't justify another $1000 to lose the other 20+ I want to lose. Why does this have to be soooo expensive?
I can afford IP, but one of the reasons I can afford it is because I manage my money very well, and that includes not spending it on unnecessary items. I looked into the Costco protein drinks called Premier Protein. Comes in both vanilla and chocolate: 11oz, 160 calories, 30g protein (double the amount in IP packets), 3g carbs, 2g fiber, 3g fat. Add to that 25% of vitamins and minerals and 50% calcium, so I also don't need so much expensive IP supplements either. Price comes to $1.31 per drink compared to $4 for an IP 7oz drink. I have a vanilla one in my decaf coffee every morning as a latte, and a chocolate one every evening as a hot chocolate. This just leaves 1 packet that I need each day, which I get from Nashua Nutrition for $10 per box of 7. But I still get my 4c veggies, olive oil, and 8oz meat (unless I'm in bootcamp where I skip the meat). Easy-peasy for me anyway.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:06 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
:-) My family is old enough to cook for themselves, but given the choice of eating what I'm making, or making something for themselves, I win every time. My son has even commented he "likes the diet food". I guess broccoli beef, or chicken with peppers and zucchini agree with him. Steak or cube steak is a easy sell. Sometimes I'll fry hamburger for a Big Mac in a Bowl for me, and then finish off the rest of the meat as spaghetti for them. They haven't quite come all the way over to miracle noodles with me, but that means more for me!
Halfagain, You look AWESOME! This whole thing is really a journey. I didn't really realize it so much when I started. It's weird the realizations you come to when you're not high on carbs My kids are really young still so that is a challenge. Ultimately, I am the cook and I buy the groceries, just need to learn to walk the line between what everyone else likes vs. what I can eat.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:20 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 153/138/120

Height: 5'3

Default Vegas

Okay I'm getting a little nervous. I am 5 weeks in and about to take a two week trip to Vegas to work and I plan on staying OP the entire time. I'm stocking up on boxes this week. I'm nervous about traveling on phase one and at my last weigh in two weeks ago (my clinic was closed over thanksgiving) I had only lost 0.5lb. The company I am traveling with have tried to provide extra mini fridges in the hotel rooms and we can travel to the grocery store. I guess I'll be eating a lot of raw vegetables and searching for IP friendly restaurants!
Old 11-28-2012, 10:34 PM   #71  
IP- a journey; not a race

S/C/G: 245/188/168

Height: 5'4" 41yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahmmommy2 View Post
Thanks for the advice. I'm just realizing that the food I cook for my family, I will most likely never be able to eat. I think I've fallen into the trap of using too many convenience foods (even things like breaded chicken breasts). I need to get back to my roots and cook from scratch more. I guess I just never realized how much sugar/carbs is in everything we eat. IT'S EVERYWHERE!
Yes, the sugar/carbs are EVERYWHERE.
No wonder such a large percentage of this country are overweight!
Old 11-28-2012, 10:38 PM   #72  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Kileymed13: Yikes!! Even the coach I had last week was good with my 1.2 loss. What is wrong with these people???

scorbett: I don't think I am ready for your scrubs yet. Some of my old ones are too big again, but I bet yours are too small. But I do want Curious George!!
BTW: You are the only person in my real life that knows my real weight. I don't even think my husband does.

I say we donate a dollar each to scorbett to get her clinic up and running!! I have heard more unhappy stories about coaches than happy ones here.

As for everyone else, thank you for your kindness and support. It's starting to feel like home here.
LOL! You're too funny Maybe we should just get a rogue group going, kileymed is a local too!
Old 11-28-2012, 10:39 PM   #73  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahmmommy2 View Post
Hey NinjaNurse, My hubby and kids are the same. They would live on carbs if I let them. I've been dropping hints to my hubby that things have to change. Seriously, the man can eat anything and not gain a pound. The kids luckily have his "skinny" gene. Me, I come from a long line of easy keepers!
Me too!! I have oodles of skinny beautiful cousins, I am wearing the fat for them all. And my husband would live on cereal and reeces peanut butter cups if he could. He's had weight issues, but he's almost the thinnest he's ever been. KILLS ME.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:40 PM   #74  

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
LOL! You're too funny Maybe we should just get a rogue group going, kileymed is a local too!
Can we get matching t-shirts???
Old 11-28-2012, 10:40 PM   #75  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Can we get matching t-shirts???
Tiaras. And feather boas.
Closed Thread