Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2012, 11:44 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 257.4/203.2/185

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahmmommy2 View Post
Thanks for the advice. I'm just realizing that the food I cook for my family, I will most likely never be able to eat. I think I've fallen into the trap of using too many convenience foods (even things like breaded chicken breasts). I need to get back to my roots and cook from scratch more. I guess I just never realized how much sugar/carbs is in everything we eat. IT'S EVERYWHERE!
Convenience foods are a huge killer. So easy to boil some pasta and add sauce. Luckily, my bf will eat whatever I put in front of him.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:50 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 248/213/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahmmommy2 View Post
Hey NinjaNurse, My hubby and kids are the same. They would live on carbs if I let them. I've been dropping hints to my hubby that things have to change. Seriously, the man can eat anything and not gain a pound. The kids luckily have his "skinny" gene. Me, I come from a long line of easy keepers!
Easy keepers. That's what my grandma used to say. Love it.
Old 11-29-2012, 12:05 AM   #78  
IP- a journey; not a race

S/C/G: 245/188/168

Height: 5'4" 41yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenifer7 View Post
Had a great weigh in yesterday! Now today, I ate Birthday cake...grrrrrr. My son turned 11 today, and I unfortunately gave in to a rather BIG piece of cake....Now I feel so bloated and guilty
Jenifer7 - Who "made you give in"? Be careful with the "cheating" Have you read the letter that has been passed around the 3FC site where a previous IPer discussed why he wishes he never cheated??? If you haven't read it, you NEED to. Yes, some people are able to "cheat" or choose to cheat on IP and still do pretty well with their weight loss, but the longer you go being 100% OP it is much easier to not give in to a taste of this or a bite of that. When you go down that road of having a little here or there of foods not on protocol, it can begin a very slippery slope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishette View Post
I can afford IP, but one of the reasons I can afford it is because I manage my money very well, and that includes not spending it on unnecessary items. I looked into the Costco protein drinks called Premier Protein. Comes in both vanilla and chocolate: 11oz, 160 calories, 30g protein (double the amount in IP packets), 3g carbs, 2g fiber, 3g fat. Add to that 25% of vitamins and minerals and 50% calcium, so I also don't need so much expensive IP supplements either. Price comes to $1.31 per drink compared to $4 for an IP 7oz drink. I have a vanilla one in my decaf coffee every morning as a latte, and a chocolate one every evening as a hot chocolate. This just leaves 1 packet that I need each day, which I get from Nashua Nutrition for $10 per box of 7. But I still get my 4c veggies, olive oil, and 8oz meat (unless I'm in bootcamp where I skip the meat). Easy-peasy for me anyway.
I have also had these drinks from Costco and they are VERY yummy. I drank them before IP and plan to go back to them when I'm on maintenance. The 3 grams of carb is very LOW and a great way to start off the morning with high protein and low carb!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AleciaMichelle View Post
Okay I'm getting a little nervous. I am 5 weeks in and about to take a two week trip to Vegas to work and I plan on staying OP the entire time. I'm stocking up on boxes this week. I'm nervous about traveling on phase one and at my last weigh in two weeks ago (my clinic was closed over thanksgiving) I had only lost 0.5lb. The company I am traveling with have tried to provide extra mini fridges in the hotel rooms and we can travel to the grocery store. I guess I'll be eating a lot of raw vegetables and searching for IP friendly restaurants!
AleciaMichelle - Many IPers have gone before you, paved the way and proven that we can be OP when traveling for work. Read some of the previous threads on this topic if you haven't already. They are very helpful and insightful. All restaurants should have a steak or grilled chicken on the menu - just make sure they don't add any oils or sugar based flavorings and order steamed veggies as your side. If the meal comes with a carb (potato, rice etc) tell them not to bring it and give you a twice as much veggie. One of the suggestions was to take the tuna in water that comes in a bag (not can) that you tear open. You might take some of these in case you are in your room and desperate for some protein - you could always eat this by itself in a pinch. I know you can do it! When you come back let us all know how it went. Once you get this trip under your belt successfully, then all the future ones will be a walk in the park! Good Luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shedit View Post
My first WI today -4#. I am excited and appreciate all of you!
Shedit - Welcome and Congrats. 4lbs is a great first WI. Glad you're here! It can be overwhelming in the beginning. Many or all of your questions will be answered here so don't hesitate to ask if and when you need help. After about a month, everything kind of comes together and becomes more routine!
Old 11-29-2012, 12:07 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 182/150/144

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Had a great weigh in yesterday! Now today, I ate Birthday cake...grrrrrr. My son turned 11 today, and I unfortunately gave in to a rather BIG piece of cake....Now I feel so bloated and guilty
I say shake it off and move on. I ate ice cream the first week I was on the diet (with my son, similar situation). But it was a one-time "slip" and helped me see that it really wasn't worth it or what I wanted. I've been able to resist such temptations since then.
Old 11-29-2012, 12:12 AM   #80  

S/C/G: 153/138/120

Height: 5'3

JenRem thank you so much for the encouragement! The tuna is an awesome idea! I'm just going to keep my head down and keep working. I just realized I may be going two whole weeks without weighing lol maybe that will be a good thing!
Old 11-29-2012, 12:17 AM   #81  
IP- a journey; not a race

S/C/G: 245/188/168

Height: 5'4" 41yo

Quote:

Jenifer7- I wanted to make sure that you knew that my above response is only in love and concern for your success on IP. There was no ill-will or me on a soap-box when I wrote that. I just didn't want there to be any confusion on this since things can often be lost in typed messages.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:59 AM   #82  

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaNurse View Post
Me too!! I have oodles of skinny beautiful cousins, I am wearing the fat for them all. And my husband would live on cereal and reeces peanut butter cups if he could. He's had weight issues, but he's almost the thinnest he's ever been. KILLS ME.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaNurse View Post
Can we get matching t-shirts???
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Tiaras. And feather boas.
I would love that!!! Thank you for the support. It is nice to know I can come here and get real advice and support.
Closed Thread