3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Severe flu! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/270621-severe-flu.html)

guil28 11-27-2012 12:45 PM

Severe flu!

So far I have always been 100% OP but I started getting sick last week and this week everything has taken a turn for the worst...

In any case, I have not been getting all my protein in (not even with the packets)and forget about 4 cups of veggies... I have probably gotten 2 in with the home made veggie soups for the past 2 days...

But other than that, I have been having many throat lozenges, cough medicine and orange juice!! None of which is 0/0/0 by the way... So I have now figured I better get myself back into shape first and hopefully get back to being 100% OP by the end of the week...

I feel so guilty about doing this that I just had to share... :(

ragdoll74 11-27-2012 12:53 PM

All bets are off when you are sick. Concentrate on getting better, then you can worry about getting back OP.

Hope you feel better soon!

jmuroff1 11-27-2012 12:56 PM

I would just focus on getting better....but you can always do chicken broth with miracle noodles :)

Lizzy63 11-27-2012 12:57 PM

No guilt allowed!! If you are sick, you have to take care of yourself, and worry about getting back on track when you feel better. Take care! :)

guil28 11-27-2012 06:25 PM

Thanks to all of you... it made me feel better :)

Lizzy: Congrats on reaching goal!!!!! That is amazing!!!

sahmmommy2 11-27-2012 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guil28 (Post 4540361)
So far I have always been 100% OP but I started getting sick last week and this week everything has taken a turn for the worst...

In any case, I have not been getting all my protein in (not even with the packets)and forget about 4 cups of veggies... I have probably gotten 2 in with the home made veggie soups for the past 2 days...

But other than that, I have been having many throat lozenges, cough medicine and orange juice!! None of which is 0/0/0 by the way... So I have now figured I better get myself back into shape first and hopefully get back to being 100% OP by the end of the week...

I feel so guilty about doing this that I just had to share... :(

That is such a bummer:( We have been fighting a cold/sinus infection over here for the last week and it is finally catching up with me. I've found that some of the cold medicine really tears up my stomach, and am just going to have to tough it out. I've been having a hard time eating and drinking too, just SO tired. Hoping the kids are over the rough part and will start sleeping again. Tis the season to be sick....GGGRRRR:(

TiffNeedsChange 11-27-2012 07:01 PM

Protein is important to help your body fight illness, could you try and eat some egg drop soup? I hope you feel better soon! I am not on IP but when I was doing Atkins I got sick and did the exact same thing, just get right back on plan and you'll be fine. Get well soon.

AnnaBoBanna 11-27-2012 07:08 PM

So sorry you're sick, I was sick a couple weeks ago and still have a mild cough. I bought diabetic tussin and it helped without the sugars and alcohol.

maezy1 11-27-2012 08:15 PM

Feel better soon!

libertybelle 11-27-2012 08:17 PM

Well Wishes coming your way!

Hgamroth 11-27-2012 10:05 PM

I have been very sick myself this week and I have been doing mostly soups, pureed veggies and LOTS of hot tea. Hope you feel better soon.

guil28 11-28-2012 03:02 PM

Thanks to everyone for all the great advice!

I actually tought of going to the pharmacy and getting some diabetic type medecine but lacked the willpower...

I did go in to the doctor's office this morning and it turns out it's more likely to be pneumonia than the flu... So I have a prescription for some antibiotics not sure how that will work out with IP but I do see my coach tonight and will ask her.

scorbett1103 11-28-2012 04:48 PM

The only thing you need to be worried about if you have antibiotics prescribed is when you take them. Calcium can keep antibiotics from being absorbed, so you want to leave a 2-4 hour window between taking your antibiotics and taking the Cal-Mag or Potassium-Calcium. Figure out when you need to take the antibiotics, and plan your calcium supplements around that - the antibiotics are the most important thing right now!

guil28 11-28-2012 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scorbett1103 (Post 4541765)
The only thing you need to be worried about if you have antibiotics prescribed is when you take them. Calcium can keep antibiotics from being absorbed, so you want to leave a 2-4 hour window between taking your antibiotics and taking the Cal-Mag or Potassium-Calcium. Figure out when you need to take the antibiotics, and plan your calcium supplements around that - the antibiotics are the most important thing right now!

Thank you so much for that info! I had no idea!!

You look really great in your new picture! but then again you looked great in the old one too :)

scorbett1103 11-28-2012 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guil28 (Post 4541792)
Thank you so much for that info! I had no idea!!

You look really great in your new picture! but then again you looked great in the old one too :)

Aw thanks :) Hope you feel better soon!