Quote:
Originally Posted by az365 View Post
Jerk Chicken
I need more info please!!
LoriKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:38 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 257.4/203.2/185

Height: 5'6

Another thing I like to do is make a stir fry with chicken or beef, celery, red peppers, broccoli, etc. I toss in some onions at the end so they are softened but not too cooked.

For a marinade/sauce, I mix: soy sauce, lime juice, cilantro, garlic, grated ginger, red pepper flakes and maybe a touch of rice vinegar and water.

I also love baked herb chicken. I COVER chicken tenderloins or breasts with marjoram, parsley, thyme, chives, garlic, onion powder, salt, pepper. You could also add a few slices of lemon.
AnnaBoBanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:28 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 169/140/130

Height: 5'3"

Default Thanks Scorbett

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
I usually prepare 2lbs of chicken breast at one time, and then season them through the week. I cook the chicken in a skillet with about 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar, 1/4-1/2 cup water, a couple of bay leaves and chopped garlic cloves. It poaches them a bit so they stay moist. Then I use the portions through the week:

- Asian chicken over cucumber noodles (chop and heat up the chicken, toss with Walden Farms Asian or Sesame Ginger dressing). I also make my own teriyaki sauce using WF pancake syrup, Bragg's Aminos, garlic and ginger powder and will sometimes do stir fry veggies over cauliflower rice.

- BBQ chicken (Heat up chicken, toss in WF BBQ sauce, I like the Thick & Spicy best!)

- Shred 2 oz of chicken and mix with the IP Chili, then bake in a bell pepper shell for stuffed chili pepper

You can also use it over salad, or in fat free broth for soup. It's worked well for me because I cook once, and then have the chicken all week long!
I made this last night, it made 3 servings, thank you SO much!! I didn't get to bed at a decent time but since I'm hardly home the rest of the week this will really help!
Old 12-06-2012, 02:23 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 175/See Ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrasb View Post
Lori-
I am also obsessed with new ways to make chicken breasts. I post all of my recipes online: unlimitedlettuce.blogspot.com.

Chicken ideas are: chicken adobo, cinnamon chicken, greek lemon chicken breasts and more.

I usually post at least one a week and it's chicken more than it's not.

Hope this helps!
Debra
I looked at all of your recipes, because like the OP, I'm sick of having grilled or baked chicken every night. I have a question, can you come over and cook for me? Lol. Do these recipes take long? My biggest issue is time and although all of these dinners sound amazing, by the time I get home, it's 6 and I need to eat dinner. Any Rachael Ray, 30 minute meals? Lol.
IPbeginnerNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:12 PM   #21  

I just gotta ask since you said chicken "every nite". Are you afraid of red meat? Other meats are allowed OP. Pork and beef for example
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:13 PM   #22  

Make sure you try the Frank's Thick Buffalo sauce too; it's not as watery as the regular and a serving goes a long way. So yummy!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:49 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I just gotta ask since you said chicken "every nite". Are you afraid of red meat? Other meats are allowed OP. Pork and beef for example

Lisa,
You are looking wonderful!

Re fast meals, I use shrimp and make a quick stir fry as an alternative to chicken. My best fast meal though is soup and I do that with pureed roasted vegetables (that I puree once a week and just reheat 3T of the puree with 12 oz water for 2 min in microwave, add EVOO, salt, pepper and garlic powder or onion powder.
Chloe222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 04:26 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 200.2/135/115

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPbeginnerNOLA View Post
I looked at all of your recipes, because like the OP, I'm sick of having grilled or baked chicken every night. I have a question, can you come over and cook for me? Lol. Do these recipes take long? My biggest issue is time and although all of these dinners sound amazing, by the time I get home, it's 6 and I need to eat dinner. Any Rachael Ray, 30 minute meals? Lol.
You are so sweet--I'd love a trip to Louisiana! These are super fast. I work full time and have 2 kids and a husband who are hungry!! I do some prep on the weekend so everything is pretty much chopped and ready. Here's my blog post about how I get things prepped for the week. Hope it helps!!

http://www.unlimitedlettuce.com/2012...eek-ahead.html
Debrasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 05:32 PM   #25  

Hey LoriKay! I'm not a big fan of dried out chicken breast either. I cool trick I found out is no matter what kind of chicken you're using, leave it out for about 20-30 min before you start cooking. It turns a lot juicier if it has reached room temp right before cooking! And it's yummy!
vanillacake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:25 PM   #26  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrasb View Post
You are so sweet--I'd love a trip to Louisiana! These are super fast. I work full time and have 2 kids and a husband who are hungry!! I do some prep on the weekend so everything is pretty much chopped and ready. Here's my blog post about how I get things prepped for the week. Hope it helps!!

http://www.unlimitedlettuce.com/2012...eek-ahead.html
Great tips and recipes! Thanks for sharing them!
bubbleblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:45 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 169/140/130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanillacake View Post
Hey LoriKay! I'm not a big fan of dried out chicken breast either. I cool trick I found out is no matter what kind of chicken you're using, leave it out for about 20-30 min before you start cooking. It turns a lot juicier if it has reached room temp right before cooking! And it's yummy!
I had no idea, thanks for the tip!
Old 12-11-2012, 02:24 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 204/190/170

Height: 5'8"

I LOVE the chicken and fried rice recipe that cbl70 mentioned...
JODIO is offline   Reply With Quote