Old 11-25-2012, 09:03 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Default RTD okay in BAGGAGE CHECK?

So, flying out this week, and I was wondering if anyone has ever packed the RTD items? I'm wondering if they have ever leaked or exploded? My last trip was driving, so I didn't even have to think of this before. I could do the dry mixed drinks, but for this trip it would be so much more convenient to use the RTD's....
Lose2Win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:48 PM   #2  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Height: 5'4"

Haven't tried this. The luggage compartment is pressurized. The air inside the package may expand and put some pressure on the package from the inside, but should be ok. To be safe, put them inside a ziplock bag.

Last edited by Lizzy63; 11-25-2012 at 09:49 PM.
Lizzy63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:08 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 214/183/160

Height: 5'8"

I have had new makeup/lotions "explode" when checked in baggage. I think when the packages are full there is a possibility of them expanding in the air. It may not happen, but it could be a real mess. If you could stop by a grocery, they usually have muscle milk in the diabetic section. It is not as good as the IP RTD, but it would work.

Good luck.
Alma4343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:18 PM   #4  
Started IP 6/22/12

I recently took a bunch of RTDs with me from IL to AZ in checked baggage without any problems. I put them in ziploc bags just to be safe and then made sure there were some clothes around them on all sides just for extra soft padding. They were totally fine. I also took some bars too since they travel easily and a few of the powder packets just as a back up in case the RTDs didn't make it. But it all worked out with the RTDs so I hope it does for you too!
nolegirl150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:37 AM   #5  
Joined IP 6/11/12

S/C/G: 260/170/175

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lose2Win View Post
So, flying out this week, and I was wondering if anyone has ever packed the RTD items? I'm wondering if they have ever leaked or exploded? My last trip was driving, so I didn't even have to think of this before. I could do the dry mixed drinks, but for this trip it would be so much more convenient to use the RTD's....
I always travel with the dry packets. I pack 2 days worth in my briefcase and the rest in my luggage. The RTD's add a lot of weight, if that is a consideration, and I can get a week's worth of dried packets and bars in a gallon zip loc. but Pure Protein comes close or EAS RTD's if you have access to a GNC or something and feel like you have to have RTD.
Good luck on your travel!
Ken
ChileheadKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:22 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 150/123.4/115

Height: 5'2

had no issues with rtd's in checked baggage
sonyainva is offline   Reply With Quote