Old 12-20-2012, 04:45 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 200.2/135/115

Height: 5'1"

Let me know if you make it and if you like it! It's starting to become a Sunday night tradition -- my boys love it, and of course...it's not chicken!!

BTW--you are doing so great on your progress. Congrats!!
Debrasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 06:24 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 178/170/140

Height: 5'2"

Nice blog! Can't wait to try some of your recipes. Thai flank steak looks great!
Cindy56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:58 AM   #33  

New recipe today--Curried Cauliflower Soup. Perfect for a cold winter day (which we are obviously having here). Super easy.

www.unlimitedlettuce.com

Enjoy!
Old 12-27-2012, 11:10 AM   #34  

Height: 5' 7"

Debrasb..hope you don't mind but I looked at your link and found many things to try. Is this your personal blog?
A1Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:15 AM   #35  

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1Texan View Post
Debrasb..hope you don't mind but I looked at your link and found many things to try. Is this your personal blog?
Of course I don't mind--that's what it's there for. It is my personal blog, yes. I wanted to have a creative outlet while on IP, so I put this together. I am finding that I'm mostly posting recipes and not so much updates on how things are going, but I really like having all of the recipes in one place and sharing them.

I see from your other posts you are not into cooking, but maybe you'll see something you like!
Old 12-27-2012, 11:32 AM   #36  

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrasb View Post
Of course I don't mind--that's what it's there for. It is my personal blog, yes. I wanted to have a creative outlet while on IP, so I put this together. I am finding that I'm mostly posting recipes and not so much updates on how things are going, but I really like having all of the recipes in one place and sharing them.

I see from your other posts you are not into cooking, but maybe you'll see something you like!
Thanks. I just bought an Actifry yesterday and a lot of your chicken dishes I can just pop in there and I'm done. I really liked reading your tips. I will start this weekend with dividing everything up in bags and chopping up the veggies. Maybe that will help. Thanks again....
A1Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:33 AM   #37  

Today's recipe: Cauliflower "Hummus" Dip -- perfect for parties (or lunch!). Hope you like it!

www.unlimitedlettuce.com
Old 01-04-2013, 09:43 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 200/155

Height: 5'5

You are amazing! I just read your unlimited lettuce blog from start to finish and we are in the exact same boat. I have a 3 yr old boy and a 1 yr old girl who obviously won't be doing IP with my husband and I. I am 200 lbs (sheepish) and I want to lose 50. I am dong an alternative plan starting in Wednesday so I am trying to get recipes/game plan etc together. I am scared about the planning, prep time and water intake. Thanks for sharing your recipes.
Gettinskinny879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:12 AM   #39  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gettinskinny879 View Post
You are amazing! I just read your unlimited lettuce blog from start to finish and we are in the exact same boat. I have a 3 yr old boy and a 1 yr old girl who obviously won't be doing IP with my husband and I. I am 200 lbs (sheepish) and I want to lose 50. I am dong an alternative plan starting in Wednesday so I am trying to get recipes/game plan etc together. I am scared about the planning, prep time and water intake. Thanks for sharing your recipes.
Thanks so much for your nice post!! You can totally do it. My kids eat what we eat (other than the packets of course) and they don't miss bread or crackers or junk. The first week or two were big adjustments in terms of getting life organized, and I wasn't sure I could do it, but once I got a groove it's going really well. Hang in there, stay on this forum and you will see results!!
Old 01-04-2013, 10:13 AM   #40  

My latest obsession: Massaged Kale Salad. It tastes exactly like tabbouleh, which I love, but it's got the superfood power of the amazing kale. We are literally fighting over who gets to take the leftovers for lunch.

Recipe here: www.unlimitedlettuce.com
Old 01-10-2013, 08:24 AM   #41  

A new family favorite: Stir-Fried Teriyaki Tofu and Veggies

Here's the recipe--enjoy!
www.unlimitedlettuce.com
Old 01-10-2013, 10:35 AM   #42  
Started IP 01/01/13

S/C/G: H-247/S-187.2/ C-137.2/G-125

Quote:
My latest obsession: Massaged Kale Salad. It tastes exactly like tabbouleh, which I love, but it's got the superfood power of the amazing kale. We are literally fighting over who gets to take the leftovers for lunch.

I've been meaning to read your blog, but when I saw kale tabbouleh, I knew I couldn't wait any longer... and then I saw cauliflower hummus! You're a genius... thank you for some great ideas!
RareBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:22 PM   #43  

Let me know what works for you!
Old 01-11-2013, 02:25 PM   #44  
Started IP on 1/3/13

S/C/G: 194/171/135

Quote:

Debra,

You are kind of like my new hero! ;-)

Your website is a amazing! I think we have the same taste buds (love the Tofu stir fry idea as that was once my staple) plus you figured out a way to make “taboulleh”. I literally had that every day (mixed with chickpeas)for lunch before starting this diet last Friday so I was sad that I wasn’t going to get that plus chick peas are a no-no. I actually thought I was getting a lot of protein with that dish. That actually makes me laugh now.

Anyway, I am intrigued by the Kale Massage. I have honestly never used Kale but I am game for almost anything. I am trying it this weekend.

Thanks!!

Ali in Boston

PS Have you tried the "Taboulleh" Recipe that they recommend on the Ideal Protein? It tastes nothing like Taboulleh so I am not even sure why they call it that but I did make it and it was so yummy. I wanted to share it but I assume everyone already knows about that one.

I am down 6 lbs after first WI last night.
Ali Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:18 AM   #45  

Thanks so much! Creating recipes and posting them is giving me something good to focus on, and it's really fun. Let me know if you try anything. I don't have that IP tabbouleh recipe so feel free to share.