Old 11-21-2012, 05:53 PM   #16  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Sorry you had to resort to eating the bar in the toilet stall.

I can totally understand you're not wanting to pull it out and eat it during the working lunch meeting though. Especially as it sounds like it was a group of people you had never met before - and if I understand correctly, you were the only female rep there and didn't want to draw unnecessary or inappropriate attention to yourself. I've been in that situation many times (ie only woman in a working group of men I'd not met previously) and wouldn't have found it appropriate either.

As somebody pointed out above, I guess the only thing you might have done different was to eat it in advance? But then, I don't know how long you were in the meeting, prior to the food being served, etc. And of course, I'm assuming you had no way of knowing that everything on the lunch menu would be unsuitable.

Anyway - you're almost in maintenance and won't have to worry about this again. Congrats btw.
evepet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:11 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 155/111/115

Height: 5'5"

Does not sound appetizing!! I have escaped to my car during conferences to eat before...I've just said that I have to make an important call. Look at the positive side...you stayed on plan & will be maintaining in just 3 weeks!!!
fitgirl2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:28 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

That is the typical lunch served at business lunches. If you were celiac you would not have been able to eat it. Actually if you were diabetic you likely wouldn't be able to eaither.
So it is not unusual for people not to eat in these situations.
I would have eaten the bar before and have coffe with everyone while they were eating.
I always just say Í can't eat wheat, which I can't and no one ever has issues with that.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote