Old 11-21-2012, 10:28 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 247/239/170

Default Almost Gave Up.

So the last 3 weeks have been the weeks from ****. I have only been on IP for 7 Weeks and 4 weeks Ive been sick and depressed. The first week i lost nearly 10 pounds and the week after another 5. Then ever since i got the noro virus stomach flu i was out of commission almost 2 weeks and constantly gaining. I been 100% IP for almost 2 weeks now and i was getting really frustrated i kept gaining weight. First was up a pounds then it took a major jump to 6 pound gain and i almost gained back all my weight. I cried to my husband because the next day weighed myself again because i thought it must of been a mistake then it said i gained another 5 pounds to put me over what i lost. I bawled my eyes out because where was this weight gain coming from and my coach was getting super pissed and not supportive saying i must be eating cookies all day as she phrased it. and i must be eating out all the time. but in 2 weeks how could i gain so much!!!! So i ignored her bought 2 weeks worth of food and needed a break from my couch. So i am done the first week and i stepped on the scale and it said i have lost 8 pounds!!!! i was super thrilled!!! i been under a lot of stress so that didn't help i was so close in giving up saying if i haven't lost anything at the end of the 2 weeks i wasn't going back. But maybe i need to find a more supportive couch???? But anything i am super happy about this week
AmberMae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:40 PM   #2  
Restart 4/1/19

S/C/G: 226.8/190.0/140

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberMae View Post
So the last 3 weeks have been the weeks from ****. I have only been on IP for 7 Weeks and 4 weeks Ive been sick and depressed. The first week i lost nearly 10 pounds and the week after another 5. Then ever since i got the noro virus stomach flu i was out of commission almost 2 weeks and constantly gaining. I been 100% IP for almost 2 weeks now and i was getting really frustrated i kept gaining weight. First was up a pounds then it took a major jump to 6 pound gain and i almost gained back all my weight. I cried to my husband because the next day weighed myself again because i thought it must of been a mistake then it said i gained another 5 pounds to put me over what i lost. I bawled my eyes out because where was this weight gain coming from and my coach was getting super pissed and not supportive saying i must be eating cookies all day as she phrased it. and i must be eating out all the time. but in 2 weeks how could i gain so much!!!! So i ignored her bought 2 weeks worth of food and needed a break from my couch. So i am done the first week and i stepped on the scale and it said i have lost 8 pounds!!!! i was super thrilled!!! i been under a lot of stress so that didn't help i was so close in giving up saying if i haven't lost anything at the end of the 2 weeks i wasn't going back. But maybe i need to find a more supportive couch???? But anything i am super happy about this week
Good for you for sticking with it!

I'm not sure how to explain all those ups and downs, but it probably had a lot to do with stress. Now that your back on track, give yourself and your coach a week or two to feel things out and if she still isn't being supportive than maybe you should look for another coach.

Congratulations on your 8lbs!
Bella73123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:46 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 248.6/231.5/180

Height: 5'4

Don't give up we are here for you!! Your coach should support you when things get tough, you are their customer and you should be treated as such. I am so sorry you have had such a rough go of it. All I can say is it will get easier. I had the depression at the begging and once I dealt with my feelings I felt so much better. I hope anything I say helps we are truly here for you to help you through this.

Last edited by MonicaKolesnik; 11-21-2012 at 10:47 PM.
MonicaKolesnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:09 AM   #4  
Back for a tweak

S/C/G: 120/115/110

Height: 5'0"

I'm sure your couch is fine, but your Coach needs an overhaul. ;-)

Honestly, it never ceases to amaze me these stories about the accusatory Coaches!! I've told this to my coach and she is amazed - she just doesn't have the personality to be that way, and if you do cheat (not you - the general you), you are probably already beating yourself up and feeling horrible. I just think of the "don't kick someone when they are down" saying.

Kick him/her to the curb and move on to someone more supportive. You've done great by getting back on track. You had a rough time in the first go, that's OK. Today is a new day and clearly the one thing you've proven is that this program works for you when you have been able to do it!

Good luck and no more tears. :-)
slow2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 04:43 PM   #5  
Committed Member

S/C/G: 181/160/140

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow2lose View Post
I'm sure your couch is fine, but your Coach needs an overhaul. ;-)

Honestly, it never ceases to amaze me these stories about the accusatory Coaches!! I've told this to my coach and she is amazed - she just doesn't have the personality to be that way, and if you do cheat (not you - the general you), you are probably already beating yourself up and feeling horrible. I just think of the "don't kick someone when they are down" saying.

Kick him/her to the curb and move on to someone more supportive. You've done great by getting back on track. You had a rough time in the first go, that's OK. Today is a new day and clearly the one thing you've proven is that this program works for you when you have been able to do it!

Good luck and no more tears. :-)
AMEN! No one needs to be kicked by the person they're relying on for support. That's absurd . . . .
GlacierGirl3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 05:20 PM   #6  

I don't rely on my coach for much, just the weekly or bi weekly WI. Scorbett, Rainbow and Wuv know all that I need to know and answer my questions. There have been many others on this site who had educated me and helped me tremendously as well. Someone recommended smooth move tea for the big C and it has worked beautifully. The one thing I have learned is that if my coach ever says anything negative she will be put in her place asap! Glad that you stayed with IP!!!!
maezy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 05:51 PM   #7  

S/C/G: Peak 300/Restart 270/Goal 130

Height: 5'4.5'

Stress will do all sorts of crazy things to your body, in addition to being sick. Be proud of yourself for sticking to the program while going through all that! I give you giant kudos for that and it proves how much you want this!

Keep strong and don't let your coach get you down, she sounds a bit ignorant.

Keep going!!!
Kat117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:23 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 247/239/170

Thank you everyone it has been a fab week the only thing am worried about my couch said if i don't stop "Cheating" She is gonna kick me out!!! BUT I AM NOT CHEATING!! Maybe i should re locate?
AmberMae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:57 AM   #9  
Restart Apr 8 2013

S/C/G: 218.6/207.6/141

Height: 5'6.5"

Okay, not for me to say, but BOOT your Coach!
Ask for a refund if you had to pay any registration fee.
Complain to her boss and IP.
Or not.

But the bottom line is, her job is to support you and help you find your way through this. NOT add more stress hormones to your body and undermine your confidence with distrust of you!

You are doing great! Especially sticking with it through the last few tough weeks... Why give away your success and power to a mean, unprofessional, lout?
libertybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 12:41 PM   #10  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberMae View Post
Thank you everyone it has been a fab week the only thing am worried about my couch said if i don't stop "Cheating" She is gonna kick me out!!! BUT I AM NOT CHEATING!! Maybe i should re locate?
Yes you should. Do a little research and find out if there's another center near you that will take you on - explain that your current coach is not coaching you, and you would like to take your business somewhere you can get your money's worth from the program.

Once you have found someplace you could change to, decide if you want to give your coach one more chance. If so, at your next appointment explain to her in no uncertain terms that you have NOT cheated, you do not appreciate being accused of cheating, and if she insists on behaving that way you WILL be taking your business elsewhere. She may back off, but she may stick to her unsupportive ways. At least you'll have a backup plan.
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:21 PM   #11  
A Healthier Weigh

S/C/G: 192/174/150

Height: 5'5

8lbs! Great job. I'm glad you stuck it through.
AZ247 is offline   Reply With Quote