Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2012, 10:45 AM   #466  

S/C/G: 250?/146.6/160?

Height: 5' 7 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Hey y'all, sorry I haven't been around lately. I have been making jewelry to sell for Christmas gifts....earrings, bracelets, and purse charms...having a lot of fun with it. I have nothing to do at the clinic between clients so instead of staying on the internet playing, I have been creating pieces. I am loving this and they are doing really well. Some of the girls here are buying some and I am sending them out. Its a good past time for sure. I have been more on FB with the internet connection here. Its a hit and miss here at work!

Glad to see everyone is doing well...Happy holidays!!

Here is week 83 Video!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ig-Xnd-kLic&feature=plcp
Wuv, congrats on the loss this week and you look great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat169 View Post
I had my WI tonight and down another 1.2. Still losing inches too and in places I can't believe like my arms and thighs. My coach and I both expected we would see a little more on the scale but I'm fighting the Big C this week again. It's been a challenge the last few weeks that I thought I had fixed but it seems I was forgetting to take the right pills. I use a herbal softener that I started in low doses daily but in bad times I can take a whole bunch at once to really move things along. Next week is my last WI before I leave for the holidays with my Mom. I'm only 2.5lbs from the Century Club so I'm holding out some hope to reach it next week.
Congrats, KitKat! and I missed saying how great you look in your photos. Almost to the Century Club too. Wow, you are doing so well. Hope the Big C gets moving for you!
Old 12-14-2012, 10:45 AM   #467  

I'm struggling this week. TOM came after 6 month of nothing....then hit fast and hit hard!!!!!! OMG it was brutal. And I've got the holiday blues a bit....kinda feeling sorry for myself although I know I shouldn't!!! I made myself an IP travel bag like Rainbow's it's awesome!!! I thought that would help me focus through the holidays, but yesterday I had a slip up.

I'm back in the saddle this morning!! I got my addition Elle online order and the size 16 jeans I ordered to wear in another 20 or so pounds fit!!!!!!! it's definitely the boost I needed to pull me outta my slump and refocus again on what I want here!!! I am sooooo ready to get this done and get on with maintenance. So as USMVET says: MY FOCUS NEED MORE FOCUS

This is such a hard time of the year to keep focused. But WE CAN DO IT. I CAN DO IT. LE SIGH.

What are your secret weapons for staying focused through the holidays?? Need focus!!!

Oh and what's a good brunch IP friendly item to bring to a Christmas morning brunch? I want to make sure there's something I can have.

Thanks!!!

Rainbow - we need a boot camp here!!
Old 12-14-2012, 10:55 AM   #468  

S/C/G: 200/144/130

Height: 5'2''

Hi all...second post only on this board, though I've been a bit if a lurker.

I'm trying to shed these last 15 lbs on ideal protein and I am really struggling. I am hoping that coming here for motivation will help keep me on track. I have though about quitting and restarting in the new year, but I'm not sure if I need to take a break or if I need to push through this. I am planning on checking in every day so I can finish strong. any tips on how to stay motivated? Especially this time of year???
Old 12-14-2012, 11:17 AM   #469  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

My motivation to get me through the holidays is that this time next year I'll be in maintenance. During next years holiday's I'm going to be one of the healthy people that picks healthier food options, can have a sliver of dessert (or just pass on dessert) and some wine.

The motivation that is keeping me going even when it isn't a holiday:

I don't want to be the fat mom at my kids school & sports events.

I want to be comfortable in whatever I am wearing without trying to cover up all the fat.

I don't want to be embarrassed anymore about my lack of self control and what it has done to my body.

I don't want my kids to be embarrased to have an overweight mom.

I want to look professional when I travel for business and meet someone new.

I want to keep making forward progress to get to my goal weight, and don't ever want to let myself go back to where I was.

Lastly...want to get to my first cheat day in phase 4 so I can have some Lou Malnati's Pizza.

Last edited by ragdoll74; 12-14-2012 at 11:18 AM.
Old 12-14-2012, 11:33 AM   #470  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurava99 View Post

I'm trying to shed these last 15 lbs on ideal protein and I am really struggling. I am hoping that coming here for motivation will help keep me on track. I have though about quitting and restarting in the new year, but I'm not sure if I need to take a break or if I need to push through this. I am planning on checking in every day so I can finish strong. any tips on how to stay motivated? Especially this time of year???
Here's the thing - every cheat, every day you spend off Phase 1 is that much more time that you will have to spend catching up later, or not reaching your goal weight. I've seen people post more than once that they phased off early, and then it took longer when they came back to Phase 1 to get the weight off.

You are really the one who has to decide what is more important - giving in now (which means the FOOD is in control), or sticking to your guns and getting to goal faster (which means YOU are in control). I had to decide whether the food was REALLY that important over the holidays, or whether I could shift my focus to something else and put food at the bottom of my list. The result is that I am 54 pounds down since the end of July, 13 pounds from goal, and I have pushed through Thanksgiving, my 20th high school reunion, several family outings, and I will get through Christmas too. That sense of accomplishment is worth WAY more than a few bites of something I shouldn't have
Old 12-14-2012, 03:46 PM   #471  
Started IP 1/14/2012

S/C/G: 286/165/169

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
I'm struggling this week. TOM came after 6 month of nothing....then hit fast and hit hard!!!!!! OMG it was brutal. And I've got the holiday blues a bit....kinda feeling sorry for myself although I know I shouldn't!!! I made myself an IP travel bag like Rainbow's it's awesome!!! I thought that would help me focus through the holidays, but yesterday I had a slip up.

I'm back in the saddle this morning!! I got my addition Elle online order and the size 16 jeans I ordered to wear in another 20 or so pounds fit!!!!!!! it's definitely the boost I needed to pull me outta my slump and refocus again on what I want here!!! I am sooooo ready to get this done and get on with maintenance. So as USMVET says: MY FOCUS NEED MORE FOCUS

This is such a hard time of the year to keep focused. But WE CAN DO IT. I CAN DO IT. LE SIGH.

What are your secret weapons for staying focused through the holidays?? Need focus!!!

Oh and what's a good brunch IP friendly item to bring to a Christmas morning brunch? I want to make sure there's something I can have.

Thanks!!!

There will always be another event around the corner so don't think of these holidays being any different. Think back to Thanksgiving, birthdays, special events that you've been through successfully already. How did you handle them, what do you think you could have improved upon?

As for good brunch ideas, it depends on the typical options but what about something with stewed rhubarb IP friendly and if you want it could go with pancakes (regular for others, crispy cereal version for you). If you want to do a protein, smoked salmon pieces with capers and a cucumber salad.
Old 12-14-2012, 03:48 PM   #472  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Here's the thing - every cheat, every day you spend off Phase 1 is that much more time that you will have to spend catching up later, or not reaching your goal weight. I've seen people post more than once that they phased off early, and then it took longer when they came back to Phase 1 to get the weight off.

You are really the one who has to decide what is more important - giving in now (which means the FOOD is in control), or sticking to your guns and getting to goal faster (which means YOU are in control). I had to decide whether the food was REALLY that important over the holidays, or whether I could shift my focus to something else and put food at the bottom of my list. The result is that I am 54 pounds down since the end of July, 13 pounds from goal, and I have pushed through Thanksgiving, my 20th high school reunion, several family outings, and I will get through Christmas too. That sense of accomplishment is worth WAY more than a few bites of something I shouldn't have

i so needed this today
Old 12-14-2012, 04:42 PM   #473  

S/C/G: 210/145/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
My motivation to get me through the holidays is that this time next year I'll be in maintenance. During next years holiday's I'm going to be one of the healthy people that picks healthier food options, can have a sliver of dessert (or just pass on dessert) and some wine.

I want to be comfortable in whatever I am wearing without trying to cover up all the fat.

I don't want to be embarrassed anymore about my lack of self control and what it has done to my body.

I want to keep making forward progress to get to my goal weight, and don't ever want to let myself go back to where I was.

Lastly...want to get to my first cheat day in phase 4 so I can have some Lou Malnati's Pizza.
Well said!
Old 12-14-2012, 04:51 PM   #474  

S/C/G: 284.6/284.6/180.0

Height: 5'7"

I have to agree with what everyone else said. I will get to have the treats, etc. again once I get to my goal & move through the phases. I have lived SO LONG with the "all or nothing" perspective that I really have to remind my self that Phase 1 is not forever. That thinking is why I have failed over & over again on other diets. So I am really working to keep my focus on the fact that this is one phase of four & I will be able to have the things I can't this year next year if I choose too.

I also keep thinking about this summer & how miserable I was. It was so hot, I felt like a toad, everything ached, I was so self concious. It was the best worst summer of my life. I got married in August for the first time (at almost age 40) to the man of my dreams who loves me just as I am. I was so happy but yet felt so miserable because of my weight. I couldn't even find anything pretty to wear on our wedding night. Two weeks later, I started Ideal Protein & am gradually finding myself again. I don't want to waste anymore precious time feeling like I did.

Well, that was a ramble. But MomPattie, you can do this! You are one of the strongest people I know & I've never even met you. You share your soul & you, along with so many others here, make me feel like I am not alone on this journey.
Old 12-15-2012, 02:21 AM   #475  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:

Thanks!!!

Oh mompattie...you can do this, tom always brings its own special surprises on IP, just gotta show 'em who is The Boss!
!
Quote:
I am a fan of the "push through" school of thought, main motivation being that I am CHEAP and wanted to get this done, thick &thin. I have heard sooo many stories about how hard the reboot is and seen even more drop off the forum after "taking a break".

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post

DITTO!!!!
Old 12-15-2012, 05:29 AM   #476  

S/C/G: 150/123.4/115

Height: 5'2

Quote:

You have gotten great advice on this board, we are the same height and around the same weight, hang in there, stick with it, the feeling of pride and accomplishment will be worth the hardship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kay2012 View Post
Wow! You look amazing! You are doing a wonderful job OP.

Over the weekend, my DH bought me a pair of Levi 505 straight leg jeans in a size 14. I tried them on thinking that they probably wouldn't fit. Guess what! They were a little loose. So, I told him I would take them back because by next week I would be able to wear a size 12. He took them back for me and got the size 12. I was able to wear them comfortably today. IP is awesome. If you stay 100% OP it works!
Congrats you are doing awesome, love how fast size changes on ip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat169 View Post
And thanks to everyone for the nice comments about my pictures. I told my coach that they were my "win" for this week. I have never liked having my picture taken or seeing myself in pictures but I'm starting to enjoy it now.
You look great, great job on the 1.2 pound loss.

Wuv, you look amazing! Post some pics of your creations.

Day 3 of 28 day commitment to be 100% op.
Old 12-15-2012, 07:29 AM   #477  

S/C/G: 248.6/231.5/180

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post

I love the way you said this! It is so true that we have let food control us for many many years and an abusive relationship like that is hard to out of. I feel I will get more satisfaction and happiness out of staying OP and watch the scale go down then I will cheating and regretting it later. We are all strong enough!!!

Quote:

TOM sucks no two ways about it and on IP for me anyways it sucked just that much more. But past that Pattie you look GREAT, size 16 I wish!! You are not alone in the holiday blues, and you are not alone in this journey either. YOU CAN DO THIS, WE CAN DO THIS, all of us together because we are worth it! and if we can get through this holiday built around nothing but food and over indulgence then I am that much more confident in us going through maintenance.
Old 12-15-2012, 07:42 AM   #478  
IP Start: 8/15/12

S/C/G: 286/217/158

Height: 5'6"

Hey there everyone! I've had a good week with a 4 lb loss! I guess that's called a woosh - I'll take it! I minor dissapointment that my weigh-in with my coach got messed up due to scheduling, so I didn't get an official number. My scale says 4 lbs, so that's my story. And, my scale is telling me I've lost 60 lbs in 4 months, which is just amaaaaaazing, I'm so happy to find this program, and this forum of wonderful people to share the journey with. I'm extremely excited that my Mom will arrive this week and see me for the first time since losing the weight. I was only OP for two weeks when I last saw her. She will flip out - can't wait!!!

This is a crazy time of year, full of challenges with all of the holiday gatherings and food everywhere. For those struggling, weather the storm, it will pass. Don't set yourself back by giving in to a temptation. I need to adhere to this myself, as I host Christmas Eve at my home, with all the traditional things that I LOVE every year, and will make for everyone. This is just one year, just one, that I need to power through. It will be so worth it!

I have to say though, now that my tastes have changed after getting all the cruddy carbs out of my system. I don't have the triggers I used to have, and the compulsive tendencies to stuff my face have lost their hold on me. I see the treats people bring to work this time of year, and they just don't call my name like they used to. I've learned my body reacts to carbs like they are an addictive drug, and need to closely monitor my intake, otherwise, it will be a very slippery slope. This, I know.
Old 12-15-2012, 07:56 AM   #479  

17 Days until New Years Day and the holiday craziness will be behind us, until the next holiday...do you celebrate something in January or will it be Super Bowl or Mardi Gras or Valentine's Day or MY BIRTHDAY (in March) or St Patrick's Day or ....ad naseum there are holidays & celebrations that give us reasons...

Scorbett said more eloquently what I have said many times: there is always an opportunity to cheat if we choose to take it. Choosing to cheat is the easier way. Choosing to remain OP is definitely the more difficult choice.

I had a friend who is no longer with us. She used to say the "inner child" cannot be in charge of the food. I LOVED THIS! I miss her...

Who is in charge of your food today? You, the adult, or your inner child?

When we are faced with something tough...the inner child definitely comes out.. and wants what she wants when she wants it...because she is telling us that food will fix it.

Food fixes hunger. True hunger. Not the "head hunger" of just "wanting to eat". The last couple of days I have been hungry so I've added hard boiled eggs. They fix the true hunger.

We can no longer fill other emptiness with food. It doesn't get to fix our emotions or our feelings of discomfort or our tiredness or anything else but hunger. When we are hungry we will eat. When we have other needs, we will learn to fill them in other ways. As we shed the fat. And it won't come back.
Old 12-15-2012, 08:00 AM   #480  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:

Thanks!!!

Hang in there! TOM can be so evil! Size 16 pants is a great incentive to get back on track. Pattie, you are getting so close to being out of the W sizes!!! You can do this!
Closed Thread