Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2012, 10:55 PM   #376  

Hi everyone. My name's Holly. I am a full time mom, wife, daughter, sister, friend. I am busy raising amazing kids, doing laundry, shopping for groceries, preparing meals, packing lunches, attending sporting events, participating in extracurricular events, crawling into bed and baking cookies with DH every so often

I also have this little gig on the side called a full time job, where I listen to children all day. Listen to them laugh, cry, fight, argue, yell, whisper, giggle, play, test boundaries, overcome learning challenges, and share success!

In case that wasn't enough, I decided to return to school. Where I have demands of group work, presentations, papers to submit, books to read, exams to write.

Can we say S T R E S S???

Oh yeah, and I've changed my life while doing all of the above. I have lost over 60 lbs while moving myself to the top of this HUGE to do list of life!! I am worth it. And because I am worth it, I am showing my children and my kids at school, that they are also worth it. What an amazing lesson I am teaching them ( and myself!). I have not submitted to cravings, temptations, alcohol of any kind, nor a single bite of chocolate!! This takes will power, determination, commitment. Especially in the face of S T R E S S!!! And if I've faltered, I have picked myself up and marched forward!!! Determined to find my way to GOAL!!

Wow Holly. I just had to say. I am proud of you. Of all of us.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:18 PM   #377  

Height: 5'4"

You made me cry.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:36 PM   #378  
Started IP 11/11/12

S/C/G: 201/189/135

Height: 5'3"

Joysh, Congrats on the grandbaby

Congrats to all on the staying 100%! Sounds like all of you doing the Christmas baking have good plans in place to stay OP. Wow, school & work & families & IP - you guys are amazing. I can't believe Sunday will by my 4 week weigh in already. Thanks to all for the support! I really appreciate this group.
Old 12-07-2012, 12:43 AM   #379  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

mompattie, that was amazing. And I hope that when you were writing some of that, you were looking in the mirror - because your journey is just as inspiring as every person's here!

Old 12-07-2012, 07:08 AM   #380  

Height: magmeepEVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
mompattie, that was amazing. And I hope that when you were writing some of that, you were looking in the mirror - because your journey is just as inspiring as every person's here!

Agreed. The journeys here are so real, and so inspiring. They give me such strength. Thanks, everyone, for sharing and being on this OP journey with me.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:12 AM   #381  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Holly- WOW! You definitely are a busy lady. It's amazing that you can accomplish all that and stick to IP. I'm not sure how you find the time to post on here, but I'm glad you do because you are inspiring.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:38 AM   #382  

Quote:

i AGREE!

Mompattie, you are one of the people I look forward to reading posts from. You have done an amazing job yourself and you did it on alternatives, without coaching for a while. AND, YOU have the most rewarding job EVER!!! I wasn't able to nurse my 1st 2 kiddos and my lactation concultant nevery gave up on me with my littlest. She was my best friend and gave me what I wanted most for my baby. You are a true HERO in my book.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:56 AM   #383  

Hey all
Who is 100% today?

We have a party later (at dinner time & beyond!). I called to find out menu. (I'm bringing a veggie tray, of course & tequila for the birthday boy...<sigh> sometimes I miss tequila....) They haven't called me a back so I'll be bugging them again. I'll bring what I need, even if it includes the whole meal!

100% again today! We have goals!
Old 12-08-2012, 10:05 AM   #384  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Hey all
Who is 100% today?

We have a party later (at dinner time & beyond!). I called to find out menu. (I'm bringing a veggie tray, of course & tequila for the birthday boy...<sigh> sometimes I miss tequila....) They haven't called me a back so I'll be bugging them again. I'll bring what I need, even if it includes the whole meal!

I was glad you posted this because my 1st "free day" on maintenance will be next Saturday and when asked by friends what I want to eat my response is, "I really don't care about what food I eat, I just want a margarita!" Top shelf tequila. My drink better be good because after not having a taste of alcohol since April and losing over 60 pounds, the 1 drink is likely the ONLY one I will have!
Old 12-08-2012, 10:24 AM   #385  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Holly - that sounds SO good! One thing I am looking forward to in maintenance is having my red wine again - we have an urban winery in town (they purchase grapes from local growers and ferment the wine right in one of the downtown storefronts) and their wine is AMAZING. We belong to their wine club so every 3 months we get 3 bottles at a discount. My stash is waiting for me!!

Today will be a fight to stay 100% - the kids have a birthday party at one of the local "fun centers" - which means pizza, cake, candy, soda and kid madness. And I've been extra hungry all week long! I've got a plan, it's just a matter of sticking to it Plus I know you ladies will give me a "come to Jesus" moment if I report back and I didn't stick to plan
Old 12-08-2012, 10:40 AM   #386  

Quote:
Holly - that sounds SO good! One thing I am looking forward to in maintenance is having my red wine again - we have an urban winery in town (they purchase grapes from local growers and ferment the wine right in one of the downtown storefronts) and their wine is AMAZING. We belong to their wine club so every 3 months we get 3 bottles at a discount. My stash is waiting for me!!

Today will be a fight to stay 100% - the kids have a birthday party at one of the local "fun centers" - which means pizza, cake, candy, soda and kid madness. And I've been extra hungry all week long! I've got a plan, it's just a matter of sticking to it Plus I know you ladies will give me a "come to Jesus" moment if I report back and I didn't stick to plan
We share a membership to the Woodbridge Winery in California with our in-laws and they will be bringing us a BIG box this Christmas. I am giddy with excitement. Stick to your party plan!!!!
Old 12-08-2012, 10:42 AM   #387  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgamroth View Post
I was glad you posted this because my 1st "free day" on maintenance will be next Saturday and when asked by friends what I want to eat my response is, "I really don't care about what food I eat, I just want a margarita!" Top shelf tequila. My drink better be good because after not having a taste of alcohol since April and losing over 60 pounds, the 1 drink is likely the ONLY one I will have!
LOL! Now, why would you want to ruin all that wonderful top shelf tequila with all that sugar? LOL - j/k...as I've often said about IP packets, we all have our own tastes

Isn't it funny what becomes important after a while? It really isn't the food, is it?

I drink my "good" tequila "neat" (straight -up & not like a shot either...no lemon & salt. The good stuff actually tastes good!) Hubby calls me a tequila snob. I only like the good stuff, which is not usually available unless I have specifically chosen the restaurant or unless I'm having it at home (5 or 6 different bottles waiting for me to finish P1 at home right now. But they were there long before I started.)

For a margarita, I usually have Skinny Girl b/c I don't want all the sugar...& that won't change in maintenance for me. I figure if it's mixed, I can't taste the goodness of the expensive tequila anyway (and IMO, not all expensive tequilas are "good"...all a matter of taste and what one likes!)

Enjoy your first free-day next Saturday & I'll toast you with my club soda!
Old 12-08-2012, 10:48 AM   #388  

Quote:
LOL! Now, why would you want to ruin all that wonderful top shelf tequila with all that sugar? LOL - j/k...as I've often said about IP packets, we all have our own tastes

Isn't it funny what becomes important after a while? It really isn't the food, is it?

I drink my "good" tequila "neat" (straight -up & not like a shot either...no lemon & salt. The good stuff actually tastes good!) Hubby calls me a tequila snob. I only like the good stuff, which is not usually available unless I have specifically chosen the restaurant or unless I'm having it at home (5 or 6 different bottles waiting for me to finish P1 at home right now. But they were there long before I started.)

For a margarita, I usually have Skinny Girl b/c I don't want all the sugar...& that won't change in maintenance for me. I figure if it's mixed, I can't taste the goodness of the expensive tequila anyway (and IMO, not all expensive tequilas are "good"...all a matter of taste and what one likes!)

Enjoy your first free-day next Saturday & I'll toast you with my club soda!
I HATED margaritas until I had children. They did it to me. I have also never had a tequila shot (not even in my early college days.) I was informed of this skinny girl tequila so I may have to try it.
Old 12-08-2012, 12:13 PM   #389  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
You are so sweet. I am sending you a big virtual hug right now. It is truly amazing how much kind words can lift you up. THANK YOU!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
Hi everyone. My name's Holly. I am a full time mom, wife, daughter, sister, friend. I am busy raising amazing kids, doing laundry, shopping for groceries, preparing meals, packing lunches, attending sporting events, participating in extracurricular events, crawling into bed and baking cookies with DH every so often

I also have this little gig on the side called a full time job, where I listen to children all day. Listen to them laugh, cry, fight, argue, yell, whisper, giggle, play, test boundaries, overcome learning challenges, and share success!

In case that wasn't enough, I decided to return to school. Where I have demands of group work, presentations, papers to submit, books to read, exams to write.

Can we say S T R E S S???

Oh yeah, and I've changed my life while doing all of the above. I have lost over 60 lbs while moving myself to the top of this HUGE to do list of life!! I am worth it. And because I am worth it, I am showing my children and my kids at school, that they are also worth it. What an amazing lesson I am teaching them ( and myself!). I have not submitted to cravings, temptations, alcohol of any kind, nor a single bite of chocolate!! This takes will power, determination, commitment. Especially in the face of S T R E S S!!! And if I've faltered, I have picked myself up and marched forward!!! Determined to find my way to GOAL!!

Wow Holly. I just had to say. I am proud of you. Of all of us.
Quote:

I LOVE THESE THREADS!!!!!!!!!!!!
YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FRIENDS FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-08-2012, 12:30 PM   #390  

Height: magmeepEVE

Quote:
Hey all
Who is 100% today?

Have fun at the party, Lisa! Not a liquor person really. Drank too much on my first legal birthday and have never had the taste for it since. Kind of regretting that.

Quote:
You are doing so well, Holly! I'm sure only one drink will do it. I can't wait to have a glass of good wine again.

Quote:

Good luck staying, OP Scorbett. Not that I really think you'll need it. Just think of the great loss you had this past week, and how you're going to do so well at next week's WI.

That's my plan. I've had great clothes' NSV's this week, and I just want to see this through.

Happy 100% OP weekend, everyone!
Closed Thread