3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Habits (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/269512-habits.html)

drakegirl 11-07-2012 08:40 PM

Habits

As I'm on day 3 of phase 4, I'm thinking about my eating habits and I was wondering what habits have you changed since starting IP that are 'non-negotiable' about changing back - for example, for me -
tasting my son's food,
snacking while preparing foods (unless it's veggies),
eating without thinking about it first
your habits?

maezy1 11-07-2012 08:46 PM

Im a long way for you but I have noticed how much I think before I try to cheat. Its just not worth it after all of this work and I m only on week 6. Pretty awesome weight loss for you CONGRATS!

southern 11-07-2012 08:51 PM

portions. i dont have to feel full to be satisfied. the full plate doesnt have to be eaten just because its there

cbl70 11-07-2012 08:53 PM

Day 5 of Phase 3 for me. Thinking about this A LOT. NO bread is going to be my mantra...especially when I'm eating out. It's just too easy to load up on these carbs.

GoalFor40 11-07-2012 10:55 PM

Fast food. It's embarrassing to admit, but I was in the drive through at least ten times a week before I started IP. I am very proud to say that I have only gone through once since I went on plan, just for coffee.

JenRem 11-07-2012 11:59 PM

This was a really bad habit and one that I know I will struggle with when I go to maintenance...........
Eating a something yummy snack (like tiny Reese PB cups) while reading in bed before going to sleep.

I KNOW that I can't do this ever again. I just hope knowing will be enough when the time comes. Jen

cscape 11-08-2012 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drakegirl (Post 4522293)
As I'm on day 3 of phase 4, I'm thinking about my eating habits and I was wondering what habits have you changed since starting IP that are 'non-negotiable' about changing back - for example, for me -
tasting my son's food,
snacking while preparing foods (unless it's veggies),
eating without thinking about it first
your habits?

Great idea for a thread..wish I read it before I fell off the wagon Wednesday night. Got into trouble for 1st time with nuts/candy. See post in last 25 lb.
For now I will say
no snacking while I prepare foods
Avoid hunger meltdown by eating 3 meals and a snack each day
Don't buy foods I will regret eating later

Hgamroth 11-08-2012 12:35 AM

My new habits I will implement FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE
Small portions
No snacking after dinner
Eat often, avoid hunger
DON'T buy foods you can't resist

Ugh73 11-08-2012 10:56 AM

Reading labels, tracking my food (in maintenance, so I do this only on some days now), trying to continue to eat more veggies/salads and less fast food. I too was a fast food junkie.

rcrochet 11-08-2012 11:16 AM

Carbs don't have to be included in every meal and certainly don't have to be the foundation of any meal. In my pre-IP life, that was the case. I like burgers with no bun. Salads can be amazing, who knew! The miracle uses of cauliflower have made me wonder if I'll ever eat another potato.

locopollo 11-08-2012 11:33 AM

Veggies, veggies, veggies. And the knowledge that some things cause me to binge. Sweet flavors of sugarfree gum, protein bars, wine and sweets.

GlacierGirl3 11-08-2012 11:37 AM

Not munching on something constantly while I'm at my desk (which is a LOT)! Before IP, I always had crackers or something in front of me . . . now it's my water bottle :).

Alma4343 11-08-2012 12:02 PM

I love this idea for a thread. This "habit" hasn't changed yet as I am eating on plan. But, I plan on no bread or chips when eating out! That just adds useless calories.

drakegirl 11-09-2012 06:30 AM

I thought of another one -
I'm going to eat 3 small meals a day and 3 snacks, not graze all day and not skip meals - breakfast is going to be my largest meal