Old 11-05-2012, 08:17 PM   #16  

love some of the soups - leek, chicken soup and broccoli cheese. Hated the a la king and spaghetti whatever it was supposed to be. I think I would have taken more before pics. love the dark choc pudding as a shake and the choc caramel that taste like snickers!
maezy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:43 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Lots of great info here!
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:43 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 186.6/126.8/125

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by benice View Post
RTD means "Ready to Drink". Personally, I think the powdered chocolate drink tastes like Carnation hot cocoa. Which is totally fine by me

I have a hard time with all of these acronyms, too...I still cannot figure out what DH stands for (Dear Husband? Domestic Hairstylist? Dirty Harry? No clue....)
Thanks for clarifying Benice...LOL..Dirty Harry..that's funny. It took me a few to figure out what TOM meant, on all my other boards we call it AF (for Aunt Flow..LOL)
Suchawittygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:47 PM   #19  
Started IP 11/11/12

S/C/G: 201/189/135

Height: 5'3"

Wow, the responses to this thread have been awesome. I appreciate everyone's input.
np2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:50 PM   #20  
IP Start Date 8/31/2012

S/C/G: 250/119/124

I think I would have made the rutabagus fries THE FIRST DAY!!! Love those things! I bake them with Old Bay seasoning, to die for!!
AlisonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:40 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/135

Height: 5/7

Quote:
RTD means "Ready to Drink". Personally, I think the powdered chocolate drink tastes like Carnation hot cocoa. Which is totally fine by me

I have a hard time with all of these acronyms, too...I still cannot figure out what DH stands for (Dear Husband? Domestic Hairstylist? Dirty Harry? No clue....)
OMG! This is so funny! I feel the same way>>>!!!
thinkingthinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:44 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 186.6/126.8/125

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisonS View Post
I think I would have made the rutabagus fries THE FIRST DAY!!! Love those things! I bake them with Old Bay seasoning, to die for!!
Ohhh...is that recipe somewhere I can find it here??
Suchawittygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:09 PM   #23  
Started IP 10/11/12

S/C/G: 318/255/165

Height: 5'6"

I'm only in Week 4, but, I wish that I DID buy the Chicken a la King! I like it.

I wouldn't have ordered a lot of restricted foods because it limits our food choices and sometimes you really don't have a lot of time for: If I have the Maple Oatmeal for breakfast than I definitely can't have the spaghetti bolognese for lunch OR soy puffs for dessert. It became a lot like a job just to plan my meals.
FutureHealthyWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:02 AM   #24  
Joined IP 6/11/12

S/C/G: 260/170/175

Height: 5'8"

Wow!!! Y'all are so adventurous!! Me...not so much. I found a few "go to" things and have stuck with them.

Favs:
1.crispy cereal-don't make pancakes or anything...just eat the cereal. Quick and easy.
2. Omelets-the plain ones, since they were only 1 carb. I added some jalapeno's and a little chopped bell pepper in them for texture. I also did the "french toast" thing a few times, where you add vanilla and cook them a little longer than normal, then add WF syrup. I finally got tired of the omelets and had a hard time finishing one without gagging! Weird, huh? But I loved them for the first couple of months
3. Dark Chocolate Pudding as a shake. My other go to breakfast item.
4. Cappuchino drink- A staple for me. Have it at least 3-4 times a week
5. Peach Mango mix - fav fruit drink. Had it a lot in the summer when it was hot outside.
6. Vanilla drink mix: When I wanted a break from the Capp drink. Can add cocoa powder for a choc drink that is lower carb than the IP choc drink and also add cinnamin or even WF peanut spread. Versatile and lower carb.
6. Peanut Butter Crunch bars. Lowest net carb bar IP makes. Has been a staple for a while now. I love the chocolate caramel (just like a snickers bar!) and the lemon poppy, but they are higher carbs so I only eat the PB crunch. Have one most every day. Matches my work and travel needs.
7. Blueberry Cran Granata drink. I started this a month ago and have 2-3 a week for the collagen.

Started P2 today so now down to 2 packs a day! Yay! Probably be crispy cereal or dark choc pudding and the PB crunch bars until I go to maintenance. Then I switch to alternative products!

Great thread! Thanks!!!!
Ken
ChileheadKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:07 AM   #25  

Height: 5'8

Quote:

yep you had it right the first time
southern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 04:31 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 165/158/120

Height: 5 feet 3 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureHealthyWoman View Post
I'm only in Week 4, but, I wish that I DID buy the Chicken a la King! I like it.

I wouldn't have ordered a lot of restricted foods because it limits our food choices and sometimes you really don't have a lot of time for: If I have the Maple Oatmeal for breakfast than I definitely can't have the spaghetti bolognese for lunch OR soy puffs for dessert. It became a lot like a job just to plan my meals.
I figure you do strictly IP, but if you'd be willing to pick up an alternative product or two -- Protidiet has several flavors of oatmeal on Nashuanutrition.com and they're all unrestricted. I was excited to buy them, because I really enjoyed the oatmeal, but didn't like having it first thing in the morning as my restricted.
NoirStories is offline   Reply With Quote