3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   nightmares and weird dreams on IP? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/269106-nightmares-weird-dreams-ip.html)

thinkingthinner 11-01-2012 09:43 AM

nightmares and weird dreams on IP?

I am new to the diet (day 3) and new to this forum. I was wondering if anyone had nightmares when converting their diets to the IP lifestyle? Just wondering if I am crazy??!! haha. :dizzy:

Bricon 11-01-2012 10:40 AM

YES the worst dreams I've ever had. The other day it took two hours for me to stop feeling trembly. Also find myself remembering past things I thought I'd forgotten. It's weird but I don't think we're crazy but I was wondering what's up especially the nightmares. I' in the middle of my second week and it gets better day by day.

tunafish246 11-01-2012 10:54 AM

A lot of people dream in the first bit of IP and then they stop. Not me! I've been on IP for about 7 weeks now and I have a dream every night (except for about 5 nights). I have always been an active dreamer, but since on the diet it's been crazy. No nightmares though, with most I wake up and laugh at how silly they are. :)

lessmeansmore 11-01-2012 11:19 AM

Yes! I've never dreamed so vividly.

maezy1 11-01-2012 12:14 PM

Ive had a few nightmares including one this week but mostly just intense, vivid dreams. Would LOVE to know where all of these dreams come from and what causes them!

Mufassia 11-01-2012 12:20 PM

I remember dreaming vividly, but that soon stopped about a month into it.

The memory thing is weird, but also stopped. For me, it was a theory that maybe since I stopped drinking, cognitive function increased... ;)

starsandrockets 11-01-2012 12:37 PM

I haven't noticed a difference, but I had very crazy dreams before starting IP

GoalFor40 11-01-2012 01:33 PM

I read somewhere that this can be caused by low blood sugar while you sleep- not sure if that is true. I found that when I had a restricted as my last meal of the day, the dreams were not as bad or frequent. They do come and go, I had them very often in the beginning but it has gotten better over time. I also have some nighttime anxiety, which also comes and goes. I haven't found a solution for that one.

tunafish246 11-02-2012 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoalFor40 (Post 4515879)
I read somewhere that this can be caused by low blood sugar while you sleep- not sure if that is true. I found that when I had a restricted as my last meal of the day, the dreams were not as bad or frequent. They do come and go, I had them very often in the beginning but it has gotten better over time. I also have some nighttime anxiety, which also comes and goes. I haven't found a solution for that one.

Interesting thought with the low blood sugar. I have always had my restricted in the evening after supper since that's when I crave sweets, and it hasn't made a difference with my crazy dreams.

CortneyMarie622 11-02-2012 10:55 AM

The first month I had "nightmares" about eating non-OP food almost every night. I would wake up very upset

mckw83 11-02-2012 10:57 AM

I had very bad "nightmares" the first couple weeks, and I still have the odd one, strange how vivid they were I would wake up still remembering them and being a bit shaken from them.

djs06 11-02-2012 11:14 AM

It hasn't happened to me until last night (and I'm almost in month 2)- actually I had a dream about bingeing. Very strange... I was almost convinced when I woke up that I got up in the middle of the night to eat, but I didn't have any of the food that I was dreaming about in the house, so...

SDChickie 11-02-2012 08:09 PM

I read on this board at one point something about cell memories... and how, in addition to the toxins and hormones that are held in fat cells and therefore released as those fat cells are burned, there are also memories that are released. I'm not sure if I'm even close to explaining it correctly, but it certainly made sense to me when I read it. It explains the funky dreams with people/events that I haven't thought of in many moons... and also explains the emotional lability that so many of us experience.

And with regard to emotional lability, I swear I need to think THRICE before saying things out loud... don't want to lose friendships because my raw emotions cause me to shoot out inappropriate (possibly truthful, but still inappropriate) responses in conversation!

Ugh... but still TOTALLY worth going through in order to get healthy! May just need to find myself a muzzle for the next 4-5 months! :D

thinkingthinner 11-03-2012 11:08 AM

So glad to hear I am not alone! I think the word vivid is best to describe my dreams (like when I was pregnant!) It takes a good hour in the morning to figure out which emotions are real and which are not! Thanks for sharing and letting me know I am not crazy!

thinkingthinner 11-03-2012 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDChickie (Post 4517276)
I read on this board at one point something about cell memories... and how, in addition to the toxins and hormones that are held in fat cells and therefore released as those fat cells are burned, there are also memories that are released. I'm not sure if I'm even close to explaining it correctly, but it certainly made sense to me when I read it. It explains the funky dreams with people/events that I haven't thought of in many moons... and also explains the emotional lability that so many of us experience.

And with regard to emotional lability, I swear I need to think THRICE before saying things out loud... don't want to lose friendships because my raw emotions cause me to shoot out inappropriate (possibly truthful, but still inappropriate) responses in conversation!

Ugh... but still TOTALLY worth going through in order to get healthy! May just need to find myself a muzzle for the next 4-5 months! :D

This is so interesting! If you ever come across that post again Id love to read it just to understand why my mind does the things it does something....although, that may never be figured out!:dizzy: