Old 10-29-2012, 05:06 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 209/157/157

Height: 5'7"

Default From Ideal Protein "Client" to Starting My Own Clinic!!

Hi everyone! I've missed you!! Last December 2011, I started IP and lost 52lbs by mid April. I spent much time on these boards. You guys really motivated and inspired me. I had a pretty decent coach....he had me in and out in 10 minutes, but got more support from these boards. .

After I lost my weight, I had so many people coming up to me asking what I did, my husband said "you'd be so good at this, why don't you do it?" I didn't think I could but I called IP anyway and long story short, I am leasing space out of my Chiropractor's office and started my own weight loss center!! I set up shop late August and business has really started to pick up!

I love helping people and I think I'm as excited as they are when they lose the weight. In the few short months I've been open, I've seen some amazing transformations (in body & spirit) that makes me smile when I think about it.

I've been meaning to let you guys know what was happening, it's been a few months since I've been on the boards...I've missed you all...

I am embracing and soaking up all the training, information and resources IP has to offer. Believe me, they offer ALOT! If your coach/center is unsure of things, there are plenty of ways to get information rather quickly. That being said, there are good and bad coaches and people who are in this to help people or just add income to the business. I'm happy to say that everyone I have met in training is NOT in the latter category.

I would love input from you all on what you would like from your coach or center.... As of now, it's just me as the coach and I like spending time with my clients. (for instance, I'm starting a support group 1x a month for people in Phase 1) I wonder if there is anything your clinic does that your really like or would really like them to do???

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks. Pam
Pamelama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 05:17 PM   #2  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamelama View Post
Hi everyone! I've missed you!! Last December 2011, I started IP and lost 52lbs by mid April. I spent much time on these boards. You guys really motivated and inspired me. I had a pretty decent coach....he had me in and out in 10 minutes, but got more support from these boards. .

After I lost my weight, I had so many people coming up to me asking what I did, my husband said "you'd be so good at this, why don't you do it?" I didn't think I could but I called IP anyway and long story short, I am leasing space out of my Chiropractor's office and started my own weight loss center!! I set up shop late August and business has really started to pick up!

I love helping people and I think I'm as excited as they are when they lose the weight. In the few short months I've been open, I've seen some amazing transformations (in body & spirit) that makes me smile when I think about it.

I've been meaning to let you guys know what was happening, it's been a few months since I've been on the boards...I've missed you all...

I am embracing and soaking up all the training, information and resources IP has to offer. Believe me, they offer ALOT! If your coach/center is unsure of things, there are plenty of ways to get information rather quickly. That being said, there are good and bad coaches and people who are in this to help people or just add income to the business. I'm happy to say that everyone I have met in training is NOT in the latter category.

I would love input from you all on what you would like from your coach or center.... As of now, it's just me as the coach and I like spending time with my clients. (for instance, I'm starting a support group 1x a month for people in Phase 1) I wonder if there is anything your clinic does that your really like or would really like them to do???

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks. Pam
Way to go Pam! We started around the same time, and I remember you. Good luck with your clinic.
SewingMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 05:20 PM   #3  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

i love it!!! PAY IT FORWARD!!!
way to go!!!
rainbowsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 05:30 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Way To Go Pam!!
Ishbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 05:44 PM   #5  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

What I liked was not doing measurements every week. We would save them for a week where I had a small loss. That way rather than being discouraged by a 1 pound loss, I was motivated by my inches lost.

I also suggested having ribbon or string, so if someone lost 5 inches, you cut them off 5 inches of ribbon... good for visual people like myself. They never did it, but perhaps it is something you will do!

Good luck!!!!

Last edited by shrinkingsusie; 10-29-2012 at 05:45 PM.
shrinkingsusie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 05:59 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

ohhh I like the ribbon thing, good visual!

Congrats on starting a clinic. One thing I liked was that I didn't have to buy whole boxes, we could pick what we want, variety is important. YOu sound like you love what you are doing and you will be a great coach. NEVER EVER tell someone that you expected a higher weight loss, when my coach said that, she was basically saying I was cheating, when I wasn't. good luck!
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:17 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 173/ticker/135

Height: 5'1

Oh my goodness, I would LOVE LOVE LOVE it if my clinic had the option just to buy one pack of a food instead of the whole box!!!
le506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:27 PM   #8  

The reason I chose my clinic is because they allow purchase of individual packets. She said they aren't supposed to...because they aren't labeled for individual sale. IP should change THAT!
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:39 PM   #9  

Height: 5'2"

Great to hear you opened a clinic. I have been seriously thinking about it and wondering how it would work. Does your chiropractor oversee it? I really haven't had any actual medical oversight in my experience.
ddpaddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:59 PM   #10  

My clinic does the ribbon thing as well as the individual packets. I think I would have loved them to hold off measuring for a week when I didnt lose a lot. I dont like the measuring stuff but ...it's what we have to do. Good luck with your clinic!!! I hope it is a great success!

Last edited by maezy1; 10-29-2012 at 07:00 PM.
maezy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:39 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 169/140/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post

i love it!!! PAY IT FORWARD!!!
way to go!!!
Rainbow!!! Look at you! I just love your before and after. Way to go, girl! Can you taste the 200s yet? You're getting real close!
snolover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:01 PM   #12  

Height: 5'6"

ooooohhhhhh, it so excites me to see you do the program and open a clinic.. I've been thinking the same thing. I love my job, but I would love to do something to help people who struggle with their weight. I've been to 2 local clinics in my 4 months OP. Neither offer huge personal service, sweet people, but most haven't ever had a pound to lose. Most of my big questions have been answered on these boards. Congrats and much success to you.
rcrochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:24 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 206.4/146.8/130

Height: 5'1"

Pamelama, congratulations on your clinic! I hope to do the same thing so I'm interested in more details on how you and the chiropractor came to the decision on how you were going to do it. Will you share? Also, I'm interested in what the initial investment was for you.
Minch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:33 PM   #14  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by snolover View Post
Rainbow!!! Look at you! I just love your before and after. Way to go, girl! Can you taste the 200s yet? You're getting real close!
awww thank you snolover!! YES YES YES so close now!!!!!!!!!!!!!! would be the first time in 26 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
rainbowsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:35 PM   #15  
Committed Member

S/C/G: 181/160/140

Height: 5'8"

Wow - Congratulations to you! I'm fairly new to IP (Week 4), so I didn't know you, but I'm so happy to hear about your success!

The coach/clinic question is interesting - I started a thread about that a few days ago, and the responses were interesting. I didn't know things varied so much from place to place.

My clinic sells individual packets, and that is extremely important to me. Variety matters so much when it comes to sticking to the program. Other things I love: My coach is always interested in how my week went, asks if I have any questions, reviews my food diary and asks how I liked various things, and frequently shares new recipes or ideas to "tweak" the foods (add 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice to the vanilla drink; it's awesome!). She's ALWAYS encouraging, no matter what the scale says.

My clinic lets me taste any WF products I'm considering before I buy, which is really nice. They also offer seminars occasionally, like the upcoming "How to get through the holidays," with recipies and samples. And they send out a weekly email with encouragement and more information about the program. Oh, and they verify my appointments by email in Outlook, so I can add them directly to my Outlook calendar, which I totally love.

Maybe the most important thing to me is that my coach did the program and lost weight, so she knows what she's talking about - but I guess you've got that part down already!

Best of luck to you!
GlacierGirl3 is offline   Reply With Quote