3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   At what moment were you IP-ready? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268709-what-moment-were-you-ip-ready.html)

NoirStories 10-24-2012 10:15 PM

At what moment were you IP-ready?

I'm just curious at one point you decided to try IP. I'm sure all of us gave it some thought, but what point did you have where you said, "I need to lose this weight!" Was it a trip to the doctor, a snide comment, a favorite article of clothing not fitting.

I'm just curious what lead everyone to start their journey. Let's hear the prequel!

vvei 10-24-2012 10:17 PM

For me, it was like when I decided to stop biting my nails... I just decided that it was enough. Cold turkey!

Now, if I could do the same with money and my budget... next challenge maybe... ;)

scorbett1103 10-24-2012 10:22 PM

For me it was a perfect storm:

-I was increasingly frustrated with the way I felt, and how my clothes (didn't) fit
-My schedule was such that I knew I couldn't do long WW meetings, and mentally I felt like I was already pulled in too many directions to do major meal planning.
-I knew about 10 people at the hospital where I work who had gone through IP and a few had been in maintenance for more than a year

greeniris 10-24-2012 10:28 PM

I was diagnosed with diabetes and sleep apnea within a couple of weeks of each other. Sleep doc said losing weight would probably take care of both issues, and maybe a couple other issues I was having as well. He recommended IP. Was like a switch inside me was flipped on & I was READY!

NoirStories 10-24-2012 10:30 PM

I had thought about IP off and on, but mine happened in one night. I had weighed myself after working out 4-6 days/wk and eating healthier for 5 months... And I was down ONE pound. I was so discouraged.

Then I went out to a bar with a group of friends. Id gone there for some time, so most of the people knew me. One of the guys that I knew asked, loudly and on the other end of the bar, "Tiffany, why have you gained so much weight?" then all of the heads of the bar turned my way. When I didn't answer, he asked again. I was so embarrassed.

I was so, so upset. It was only amplified after the 1-pound loss for months and months of work.

I'd known about IP, and decided it was too expensive. But after that night, I called a coach the next day

GoalFor40 10-24-2012 10:31 PM

I have always struggled with my weight but it got completely out of control over the past few years due to stress, and my husband gained a significant amount of weight as a result of Cushing's disease. We were both fat, miserable, and exhausted. My son is getting older and I don't want him to grow up with a fat mom. Like Scorbett said, kind of a perfect storm- I just reached the end of my patience.

My husband and I went to a family party in July, and one of the people at the party was his second cousin who has always been very overweight. He looked fantastic, he had lost at least 50 lbs, maybe more (I didn't ask for a number). I asked him what he was doing and he told me "Ideal Protein, it's hard but it is awesome, look it up"-so I did. When I saw all of the progress pics- both here and on other sites- I decided that this is what we needed to do. We couldn't afford for both of us to go to the clinic, so with the resources available here (thanks everyone!), we started out on our own with alternatives.

Mentally I was definitely ready, but I think the rigid structure of this plan finally allowed me to break free from the cycle of binging I was in. I know it is premature to say so, but for the first time ever, I feel like I can really do this, and never go back to my old ways again. It is so different this time. It's a great feeling.

NoirStories 10-24-2012 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoalFor40 (Post 4508300)
I have always struggled with my weight but it got completely out of control over the past few years due to stress, and my husband gained a significant amount of weight as a result of Cushing's disease. We were both fat, miserable, and exhausted. My son is getting older and I don't want him to grow up with a fat mom. Like Scorbett said, kind of a perfect storm- I just reached the end of my patience.

My husband and I went to a family party in July, and one of the people at the party was his second cousin who has always been very overweight. He looked fantastic, he had lost at least 50 lbs, maybe more (I didn't ask for a number). I asked him what he was doing and he told me "Ideal Protein, it's hard but it is awesome, look it up"-so I did. When I saw all of the progress pics- both here and on other sites- I decided that this is what we needed to do. We couldn't afford for both of us to go to the clinic, so with the resources available here (thanks everyone!), we started out on our own with alternatives.

Mentally I was definitely ready, but I think the rigid structure of this plan finally allowed me to break free from the cycle of binging I was in. I know it is premature to say so, but for the first time ever, I feel like I can really do this, and never go back to my old ways again. It is so different this time. It's a great feeling.

42lbs lost doesn't seem premature to say so! You look great!

blessedamberly 10-24-2012 10:41 PM

I had a friend who was on IP along with a group of her coworkers (who were having great success). My friend has since given up, but thats off point. After hearing about it I looked it up and thought it was doable except for the cost. I had gained weight after getting married, coupled with 2 pregnancies in 3 years I added even more. I was so unhappy and it had started ruining my marriage.
Not long after at the local farmers market the chiropractor that does the program was there and I signed up to go to an info session, but then had to cancel because of work calling me in. At that point I had let it go to the back burner until I was in a meeting and was snacking on a few cherries that someone had brought it and another person made a comment about me bellying up to a plate of scones he pushed in front of me. That was it for me. I was signed up and started the program less than 2 weeks later and have not looked back. So like others it was just the perfect storm or the right time.

I was ready and wanted the structure and this program just fit.

GoalFor40 10-24-2012 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoirStories (Post 4508304)
42lbs lost doesn't seem premature to say so! You look great!

Thank you for the compliment- I guess I feel a little like a lifelong alcoholic with 60 days sobriety who declares himself "cured." I think I need to get myself to goal and prove that I can keep myself there before I can make such bold statements. But this is the most control I have had over the longest period of time, and it is incredibly empowering.

LoriKay 10-24-2012 10:48 PM

Two years ago I had my hardest teaching year ever. Every night I was physically and emotionally drained so I sat and ate. I gained 20 lbs. The next summer I lost most of it. School started again with another stressful situation and I gained it all back and a little more. Last summer came and went and I hadn't lost anything and I didn't really care. When I was getting ready for going back to school I realized I needed a new wardrobe a size or two larger. Decided that if I didn't care about my weight or health, I would force myself to care. I signed up and here I am. I'm still struggling with caring about it. Still not sure how to change my brain.

MonicaKolesnik 10-24-2012 11:05 PM

I have always been bigger, even when I was a child, being bullied alot about it did not help, I think the weight just kept creeping up in my teen years:cbg: till my body found a size it "liked" and stayed there. I had been in the 270lb range since I was 20 and was humiliated on many occasions where random strangers would make rude comments about my weight:ink:. It did not matter what I changed, more exercise, eating better, it made me feel better but no difference in weight. As with most people life got in the way; nursing school, marriage, moving twice in 4 years, buying our first house. Everything seemed more important and the last thing I had time for was ME. Then one day I realized if I do not make time for me who will?:shrug: I had seen my sister lose 80lbs on IP and others doing at my work and said "Maybe I can do it to". I have never tried a diet before, had no idea what I would be in for so I researched like crazy, and did my own low carb diet for three 12hr night shifts, figuring if I could survive these then the diet would work for me. I am happy to say it is.:carrot:

evepet 10-24-2012 11:06 PM

I lost a brother to prostate cancer in late February. I'd become so fat that I had nothing reasonable to wear to his wake/funeral. Due to being so heavy I'd outgrown anything in my 'smaller' wardrobe that would have been appropriate and for some time now had avoided clothes shopping. Too depressing. So I only had a very limited number of clothes that fit and they were all very casual. So it was unavoidable that I had to go shopping for something to wear. I didn't realize what a chore it was going to be - was totally depressed to find that I'd outgrown regular women's sizes, and had to pretty much settle for whatever would fit and serve the purpose. This whole situation somehow motivated me to get serious about losing the weight. And in my mind I dedicated my weight loss goal to my brother who I know would applaud the fact that I'm getting slim and healthier again. I decided to look for a local nutritionist to support me in a long-term weight loss effort, and while googling stumbled across Ideal Protein, and our local clinic. I was intrigued, called, and made an appointment for the next day, at which I signed up.

P.S. During the reception after the funeral, once of my nieces laughingly told me that someone had asked her if her father (another brother) and I were twins. While I'm proud of my whole family, that really threw me - he's the eldest and I'm the youngest - there's a 16 year age difference! That comment also added 'fuel to the weight-loss goal fire'. :)

DanafromAustin 10-24-2012 11:56 PM

My oncologist told me I survived cancer, but if I didn't lose weight a heart attack or stroke might kill me instead. I finally decided to take her serious because I knew she was telling me the truth.

JenRem 10-25-2012 01:15 AM

I had lost a decent amount of weight about 5 years ago and had kept most of it off. I wasn't thin, but I was comfortable with where I was.

Over the past 18 months I've been struggling with depression. I've had depression before, but this the worst it's been. I believe most of the depression was a manifestation of knowing that my beloved dog "Nicky" would either die soon or I'd have to put him down. We put him down exactly 1 month ago today :( He was about 2 weeks shy from being 15yrs old. He was an awesome dog and since my husband and I don't have children - we were very attached to him.

My Dr and I were looking for a medication to help with my depression. It took us about 9 months and 5 tries later - drug #6 finally is working good for me. Unfortunately, drug #5 that was tried caused me to gain about 20-25 lbs in less than 2 weeks. I was on my TOM at the time and I new I was eating more than normal because of the cravings. But I had NO idea that I had gained that much weight until I stepped on the scale (which of course I wasn't doing on a regular basis anyway, because I was at a point where I didn't want to know what the number was). Needless to say, I stopped that drug and was hoping the weight would fall right off, just as easily as it had arrived. Of course, it didn't though.

So, now I'm finally, finally feeling better mentally but now I have all this excess weight that brings its own amount of depression with it.

I didn't know anyone on IP and hadn't even heard of it. I happen to go to a cosmetic Doctor for an evaluation on a spot on my face and she carries IP in her office. I really was motivated to get healthy and lose some weight (and I really wanted to lose weight reasonably fast since I had inadvertently put on the 25 lbs in a blink of an eye).

It seemed I was in the right place at the right time or maybe I'll go as far as to call it fate! :)

jules26965 10-25-2012 01:30 AM

I saw a picture of myself...ouch

I went for my annual exam and was told I had gained 25 lbs since my previous exam (avoided the scale like the plague at home)

The day after the doctor visit, one of my close girlfriends called and told me about IP (she found out from a co-worker who seemed average to me but had lost 25lbs quickly)

That day I called and made an appointment for the next day and here I am - almost done.

I like to call it fate too :)

southern 10-25-2012 02:30 AM

ive been overweight most of my life. i lost 30lbs right before college and maintained until my senior year. when i was put on antidepressants, i ballooned those 30 lbs back. the more i noticed it and tried to fix it with diets, the more i gained.
i came across a post on another forum asking about IP. no one could answer except to say it was expensive and i might as well eat right and exercise
curiosity lead me to googling, and i found 3FC
the rest is 11 pounds down 60something to go

EPAPRN 10-25-2012 04:53 AM

Tried and failed on WW. Hadn't seen a good friend of mine at work in a few months, when I finally did, I didn't recognize her. She had lost 40lbs on IP. I looked it up and dismissed it because of the avoiding whole food groups and cost of buying packaged food. Then a waitress/friend at our regular friday night bar had lost about 70lbs in 6 months, again, barely recognized her. She was on IP.
The last straw was when I spent a weekend up in Maine with my MIL and her 2 friends. One of which was on maintenance. I got to spend the whole weekend with her and I asked some specifics about it and observed her eating habits.
I was also extremely unhappy in my size, uncomfortable and frustrated. So my hubby and I thought I should give it a try since I had failed on WW so many times.

GroovyCat 10-25-2012 08:12 AM

For me there were a lot of factors that all came together for IP.
- losing my mom in Dec 2010 I decided to get rid of the weight once and for all. In May I joined WW online and started seeing a nutritionist weekly. I had some success and was working away. I usually would spend my summers with my Dad in BC. I loved going there because it wasn't too hot (unlike Bda in the summer) and I could do aquafit everyday if I wanted for $2 a session. (In Bda we don't really have 'public' pools so aquafit costs $20+ per session.)

So I spent the summer there and worked my tail off only to lose 5 pds in 5 weeks. I was disheartened and derailed for a couple of weeks but then got back OP only to lose my Dad unexpectedly that October.

Needless to say, I was devastated. My parents had been divorced since I was a little girl and so to lose my two pillars of support was almost unbearable. At that point all I could focus on was getting through each day. I didn't start to eat crazy stuff, I just didn't care at all what I ate. I ate whatever was fixed for meals.

So I gained back all I'd lost. Then my hubby and I got pneumonia and that scared me. The feeling of being unable to breathe/feel like I was going to die was horrible. Not to mention that I had to use a wheelchair to get through airports, to get on board the cruise ship... Awful and embarrassing.

Then last May my good knee started bothering me. By the time school was finished in June, I was having to use a cane to get around. :( Being a primary school teacher is a pretty active job and I started dreading going back to work because I knew it was going to be almost physically impossible.

I'd heard about IP the year before and had a friend who was doing it. She had been very successful but said the doctors running it were mean and insensitive. At the time I thought, "oh I don't think that's for me" but somehow with everything else going on I reached the conclusion that I was just going to have to take my lumps from the doctors and do IP anyway. I needed a kickstart.

(Here in Bda there's only one IP program available and it takes upwards of 3-6 months to get in. I applied in July and finally got the go-ahead and started in late September.)

I'm happy to report I haven't found the doctors to be unpleasant and so it hasn't been as rough as I thought it would be.

I feel like this is the right road for me and that I can actually do this. :)

Everyone around me knows I'm doing it and have been so incredibly supportive. Plus, I found y'all and that's helping too. :D

tobehealthy 10-25-2012 08:26 AM

I had heard about it from my doctor who had lost a lot of weight on the program. I kind of wrote it off, said I couldn't afford it right now, etc. Then nearly 10 months later, I saw a coach do a Living Social deal. Essentially it was for the upfront cost (it really wasn't IP she was advertising... it was a food based diet), but just seeing it again at that time made it click.
So I bought the "deal" and set up an appointment for the week after my sister's wedding. Talk about a lot of before pictures!

maezy1 10-25-2012 08:41 AM

I was at the lowest point that I had been in my life after losing my mom and a dear, dear friend to cancer. I had also fallen down and broke my ankle. I found out later after the cast came off that I not only broke my ankle but I had hurt my knee. I ended up having my knee replaced in May. (my mother died while I was still in the hospital) Oh and in April my hubby admitted to his alcoholism and he/we started getting help for it.
I decided it was time to turn my life around and take control of what I had control over, my weight. My doctor recommended this program to me. I am so much happier now. Still have a long road ahead of me but feel like I am finally doing something positive and something for me. The expense is my commitment to taking it off and keeping it off.

megscarles 10-25-2012 08:47 AM

I got engaged in May. My fiance and I very much enjoy living in New Orleans. We lived in the French Quarter. Bars and amazing restaurants right outside our apartment. We made the most of it!! We moved out a year ago to a quieter neighborhood, got engaged and started WW. We both had great success. A slow loss compared to IP, but I loss 28 lbs. We kind of hit a plateau in August, so I started IP in September to get into "wedding dress" shape.

dk8258 10-25-2012 08:54 AM

I had been trying to lost weight on my own since the birth of my second child with miserable results. Before joining IP, I had lost 24 pounds in 8 months. Nothing was working. My brother and sister in law had started IP, and they looked great at a family party we had in late August. That was it. Started IP on September 1st and have lost 20 more pounds in 2 months and haven't looked back yet.

hyrysk 10-25-2012 09:06 AM

It was several things for me.
Father passed from a heart attack almost 2 years ago now and I gained about 40lbs.
Scale hit 350 one morning and something about that number scared me and I realized I wanted to see my 15yr old graduate HS.
At Christmas last year DW asked what I wanted for my 50th birthday in January.
We both started IP the day after the big 50th party. Best gift ever.:D

Samkatmom 10-25-2012 09:21 AM

I had friends who started on IP and my husband decided to go on it. He had gained almost 80 lbs from the time we met. I also gained about 60 lbs in that same time period from pregnancy and bad habits. So, my hubby starts losing all this weight and I decided I was tired of feeling like the "fat" girl when I was with my friends (they are all size 2 and 4). Trying to lose the weight on my own was not working and I needed someone to be accountable to. I jumped on the IP bandwagon and now I am in phase 3.

Onyxmom 10-25-2012 09:52 AM

After being diagnosed with breast cancer three years ago (and having it all removed at the same time), I decided that I needed to lose the weight I'd been carrying around for more than 20 years. My work schedule doesn't allow me to attend regular meetings, like WW or TOPS, so I tried on my own. Last year my medication gave me severe joint issues (I was like an OLD person and could hardly move) so I couldn't get the excercise and put back on the 20+ pounds I'd worked so hard to lose. After getting off of that medication and getting my movement back I decided I needed something more drastic. A couple of neighbors had lost weight with IP, so I went to the information night, and signed up. Because it's so expensive, I will be going to alternatives when I get back from Las Vegas next week. So I will continue to come to 3FC for support.

OneofThreeGirls 10-25-2012 10:13 AM

My scale said 190. 200 lbs is the heaviest I have ever been and I look back at those pictures in disgust at myself. I vowed I would never let myself get that big again and when I hit 190, I knew I had to do something drastic. My sister had done Ideal Protein and looks fabulous! I thought it was too expensive but when you consider how much weight you lose and how fast, it is more than worth it! It is also motivation for me not to cheat because I want to stop shelling out so much money as soon as possible. :)

Yesmyqueen 10-25-2012 10:40 AM

Well for me, I've always seemed to struggle with my weight somewhat but generally could keep it in check. But I went thru about 2 ruff years, totally unhappy and depressed, food was my comfort. But than I truly turned things over to God and he has certainly blessed me and helps me daily. My turning point was like I feel crappy, nothing fits didn't even know what kind of diet to do again that would work my family's comments, than one day my DH said man you should see this office lady, she looks great I didn't even recognize her, she had lost about 80 lbs. I said ask her what she did, well he gave me her phone number and we talked about 45 min. And I made an appointment next day and am now a much happier 38 lbs lighter and on my way to ecstatic. Good luck to all! Teena

Bricon 10-25-2012 11:17 AM

Noir, that guy sounds like he needs a smack down! I know someone who went for a real transformation. Body, job, house. I see how happy she is and since I just became an empty nester I decided to make this my year of transformation! I can do this!

Lizzy63 10-25-2012 12:56 PM

I had been thinking about it, but I was really ready when I went to see my doctor and weighed in at over 200 lbs! That really got to me, especially since I was already on cholesterol and blood pressure meds!

My2loseW8 10-25-2012 02:43 PM

I have always been overweight. My brother and I both. My sister is not- has never been. I hadn't seen my brother in four years when we met up in Canada, half way between where we lived at the time. He was pretty heavy, the heaviest I have seen him. Me too. He met my then fiance. We had planned our wedding for last June. He wanted to get thin for the wedding as he was our officiant. I of course wanted to lose weight for the wedding. I had lost on WW before I met my husband. After we met, we got comfortable- I ate- and then my son started having issues and was later diagnosed with late onset Muscular Dystrophy. I ate some more. I was at my highest 253 when I started WW again, with less success. Then I tried the Dukan diet. Lost about 40. Was very hard, a lot of work in food prep and I had major issues with the big C. Post wedding... ate again- dang cake!... :( gained 11 back. At my wedding my brother came and looked fabulous! He had lost about 55 lbs at that point. I was interested in what he was doing, but seemed he was struggling doing it alone and now away from his coach (he moved here). He kept losing. 85 lbs down. I wanted to know more! I researched the heck out of it. My husband said he would do it with me to start. My brothers wife started about the same time I did. I turned them on to this site and all the recipes. I find it so easy!!! My husband and I are doing alternatives and we are doing great. He is in phase 2, and so is my brother. I have a lot to go, but truly with this site and IP, I feel like I can get to goal for the first time ever.

NoirStories 10-25-2012 03:28 PM

I've really enjoyed reading everyone's responses. So many different backgrounds, and here we all are -- on a journey together!

GlacierGirl3 10-25-2012 06:31 PM

My decision was a little bit spontaneous, and a little bit odd, since I'd always been super independent and opposed to check-in type programs and packaged food programs, but I was at the salon I go to, and several of the guests and one of the stylists were talking about all their success (which was obvious, of course). I mulled it over for a few days, did some research, and thought, "What the heck. I'm clearly having no success on my own, and I am freaking tired of feeling fat!"
I didn't really have a lot of confidence in my ability to stick with it, but here I am, three full cheat-free weeks under my belt, and I'm honestly enjoying it!

Plus, I have family coming for the holidays this year - That's my motivation to keep with it!

Kiki8138 06-04-2013 10:57 PM

For me it was the moment I reached 199, it was surprising that I let myself get there. I was work crying at my friends desk and I decided I was done!
I was done with continuing this path, I decided to start a biggest loser at the job, there were going to be $700 for the winner. At the first weigh in no one including myself lost one lb. I wanted to win, not just for the money but to prove to myself that I could do it.
A few people had told me about IP, and I decided I needed to look into this diet. I did and the results I was seeing were amazing, not only the amounts of weight that people lost but how quick they lost it.
I was in, made an appointment, and havent looked back:)
I am proud of the determination I have!!
Day 1-194
Week 1-187
week 2-184
week 3-179
I know it's just week 3, but I'm in it till I reach my goal:D
BTW since everyone saw my weight loss they all quit the biggest loser...I guess they were intimidated by their opponent...me!!! lol

Tomi 06-05-2013 07:59 AM

For me, it was when I had to start shopping in the women's section instead of misses' (16s and XLs were getting too small). I was completely appalled with myself. I'd been hearing about IP from women at work, and then my mother told me she'd been doing it for 2 and a half weeks and lost 13 pounds without feeling hungry -sold!

IPguy442 06-05-2013 08:10 AM

I have been on BP and cholesterol meds for almost 20 years. Conveniently about the time I passed 185lbs.

the last trip to the Dr. I weighed 226, and he gave me two more medications to go with the two I was already taking. I am just now 41, so I'm thinking this is unreal. Additionally my stomach started bothering me 18months prior to the point everything was uncomfortable. Especially sitting in airplane seats, which I do often for work. Cutting all coffee helped a lot. So did all caffenated drinks but the pain below the ribs by the liver/galbladder was awful. Many Dr. Bills later, the best the could come up with was GERD and "rebound tenderness". They absolutely had no idea. I know this wasn't acid reflux.
At my cardiologist, I noticed he looked a lot better than when I last saw him.

I told him all of my health problems are related to being fat and I'm sick of it.
He basically said that he and a few patients did IP and for those that are really ready it is safe, works and sustainable. He didn't have the program and this particular Dr. Is 45 min away, so he suggested that if I am serious, I go to an MD that has the program and be sure they get my labs from him.

six weeks later I put away $350 to start and have been on since. The stomach pain has been gone since 4 weeks in! Lab work at week 7 shows my first normal labs EVER with triglycerides 90! (my highest ever was 1200!) and total cholesterol 165 (over 250 in Feb).

funny that 32 lbs of weight loss not many people say anything, but I got my face back now and don't feel/look tired and angry all the time. Most guys don't compliment other guys weight, so it's mostly been random women that I don't see often. My mom didn't notice, but my 91 year old grandmother noticed on mothers day. A. Neighbor's wife down the block said she noticed at a garage sale but not many others. Then again I haven't traveled for work since I started IP. That may be interesting when it starts again.

65X65 06-05-2013 08:42 AM

The moment...

All my life I was pretty much a shrimp....but one day...my thyroid went out of whack...and that started years of nothing that helped me get back to the low weight I had always been.(Weighed 102 the day my first baby was delivered...before she was born).

Gained on WW (tried it 3X), so then got a personal trainer 3x a week and walked 5/miles a day 6 days a week for 2 years...($$$$$)...and plateaued at about 160.....:?: WHAT THE HECK?! My very skinny best friend told me to quit agonizing over the issue, getting up at 4:30 to do all that before work... God Bless her...she passed away suddenly as the result of a pulmonary embolism after knee surgery 5 years ago and I wish she could see me now.

Then in November I was in Texas with my daughter who had just given birth and when we took her new baby to the Dr. office that week...the NP who was checking our precious baby was a striking young woman.... I noticed immediately her WILLOWY physique...although much taller than I...(OK..that's not hard).. and my daughter told me she had lost 100 lbs on IP. I'd never heard of it...and live in the middle atlantic area...so googled and luckily found a center in my geographic location and made an apt for early Dec ...but suspended starting the program until holiday travel was over..(HAD to go back to see that new baby!! ) Returned home on Jan 9th....started IP on Jan 10th. My daughter hasn't seen me since I started...BUT I will see her for a week beginning on Saturday the 8th of June for the first time in 5 months..... about 50 lbs lighter and rockin' an amazing wardrobe for this vacation on Captiva Island!!! Even BATHING SUITS with out skirts...and bermuda shorts.....first time in a long time. IP----Best decision I ever made. My original goal was to lose 65 lbs by my 65th B-day in late August...now I'd like to try to get 10 lbs lower than that, however long it takes.

WBurns 06-05-2013 09:58 AM

For the past year I would diet, lose 6 lbs, go off, gain 5 lbs, diet, lose 5 lbs, go off gain 7 ..... I needed a strict ridged program. No cheating. I'm loving IP. Yes it's hard but yes it's doable and this group is so supportive and such fun.

accgy 06-05-2013 10:08 AM

I had a coworker do the program a year ago and lost a bunch of weight, I kept asking him for the program information never got it, after that I put the program into the back of my mind. Fast forward to the start of March and I started a new job where I ended up being the fat person in the office instead of being average at my last company, well I tried eating better with salads and fruit to lose weight but ended up gaining instead. A couple weeks after I started at the new company I received an email from my Chiropractor clinic saying they are having an information session/night about ideal protein, I wasn't able to make the session so I searched for local clinics and found one, April 15 I started the program and the rest is history

I also deal with Health Anxiety on a daily basis, anxiety in itself it terrible to deal with but having to constantly worry about my health and being around for my family was also a big motivator

AusTexGal 06-05-2013 10:10 AM

I put on my "fat jeans" and could barely get them to zip! I had an appointment with my doctor that afternoon, where the evil scale could not be avoided as the one at home had been for many, many months. After bemoaning my weight gain with my doc, she told me about the IP program they were going to be starting later in the month. I attended their second intro class and signed up that evening.

Happymomof2 06-05-2013 10:12 AM

It was a list of things for me as well.

After so many struggles with thyroid problems, and secondary fertility issues I finally got pregnant and had my baby girl in late 2011. I had gestational diabetes and my Dr said to me that I had a high chance of getting type 2 diabetes in the next 5 years due to my weight, age of last preg (38) and the fact I had gest diabetes. Having that condition for just a few months was awful enough that the thought of dealing with it on a daily basis forever scared me.

My primary care dr had been telling me for years that because of my constant very high cholesterol and triglycerides I was on what they call the "heart attack highway" and I was going at full speed. I want to see my kids grow up, I don't want to leave them without their mom.

I also knew that it was time I set a healthy example for my kids. I didn't want my daughter to grow up hearing me say "I'm fat blah blah" then develop her own body image issues.

I also took a look in the mirror one day and said - I'm sick of being the chubby one, I'm sick of feeling sick and unhealthy, I'm sick of hiding from friends and family because I'm embarrassed. I was just tired of the toll it was taking on my life, physically and mentally. It was time to take care of me.

A friend of mine had done IP and kept the pounds off and kept encouraging me to give it a try. My husband was supportive of it 100% as well. I called the clinic that next day and I jumped in with both feet on March 15th. its the best decision I made. Mommy is happy so the rest of the household is happy too Lol !
The biggest lesson, their have been so many, is that its so hard to love life if you don't love yourself first. Everyone I love deserves a contented me and I do too.