Louisiana/Mississippi Peeps

You're on Page 8 of 13
Go to
  • Quote: Wuv, thank you so much for posting the recipes. So appreciated! Question: how many servings does the dressing mix make?
    I just use enough to make one or 2 servings...just depends how much you wanna make
  • Thank you, Wuv!

Btw, I just got my Walden Farms syrup in-delicious! I am a Steen's girl, but this will work! I'm so excited!
  • Quote: Thank you, Wuv!

Btw, I just got my Walden Farms syrup in-delicious! I am a Steen's girl, but this will work! I'm so excited!
    OMG...Steen's!!!...I havn't had that in YEARS...where in La are you from? I grew up in Abbeville where they MAKE it!
  • Good morning, LA & MS folks. Just wanted to tell everyone hi and wish you a great day!
  • Quote: OMG...Steen's!!!...I havn't had that in YEARS...where in La are you from? I grew up in Abbeville where they MAKE it!
    I'm in Alexandria.

Weigh in today... I'm confident I lost inches, but probably not pounds since i cheated last week. NSV- I'm wearing a pair of jeans I couldn't get into last week!
  • Quote: I'm in Alexandria.

Weigh in today... I'm confident I lost inches, but probably not pounds since i cheated last week. NSV- I'm wearing a pair of jeans I couldn't get into last week!
    I LOVE that feeling!
  • Good morning, folks! Have a GREAT day!!!! It's feeling wonderful here in Baton Rouge......love, love fall weather!
  • Good morning!!!!...beautiful here in Mississippi!
    Quote: Good morning, folks! Have a GREAT day!!!! It's feeling wonderful here in Baton Rouge......love, love fall weather!
  • WOW we were all the way on the 5th page!!! those of you asking for my "rice" dressing recipe, this is the stuff we use, just this and cauliflower
    http://www.cajunsupermarket.com/prod...oducts_id=8353
  • Wuv, thanks so much for the "rice dressing" recipe. Dressing is my favorite part of the meal, and this is going to help me so much - thanks!!!
  • Quote: Wuv, thanks so much for the "rice dressing" recipe. Dressing is my favorite part of the meal, and this is going to help me so much - thanks!!!
    You are welcome, my nephews like mine better than theirs...lol
  • Hey everyone! I'm so thankful for the recipes! I love FOOD SO MUCH and I love Thanksgiving. It's especially hard when I'm really the only person in my family that is worried about their weight and dieting and I have a massive family, which I'm sure most of us do down here in the South.

I am super worried about Thanksgiving but I already told my mom that I plan on making some food for Thanksgiving, willing to share it of course. My biggest thing is my grandma's sweet potato casserole. It's gonna be really hard not eating that, so if I can make something pumpkin-y, so be it!
  • Another issue, I had my third weigh in yesterday and my results were not good. Although I was down 2 lbs, it was 2 lbs of muscle mass. My body fat percentage went up by like .41 and my lean mass went down from 113 to 111.

I did not cheat EVEN ONCE! The most cheating I did was sniff bread. I ate the appropriate amount of protein a day. There were some days that I didn't have my veggies at lunch, could that have been it?

Also, my coach said that I can continue to work out. So I did cardio about 4 days last week and I did weights for 3. Do you think the weights could have done it?

So this week, I'm just doing some light cardio and not doing any weights but some ab workouts and seeing if maybe that improves it. I was really upset with my loss, but I ended up losing about 4 inches all over. Did anyone experience stomach and cramp issues within the third or fourth week?
  • I could be wrong about this, but my understanding is that it is the cardio, not the weights. I don't think we are supposed to get our heart rate above like 70 or something. Then you burn the muscle instead of the fat.
  • There is fitness info in the sticky threads way up at the top. And lots of people on the daily thread work out, so you might want to ask on there.