3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Weekend Chat 10/6/12 - 10/7/12 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/267600-ip-weekend-chat-10-6-12-10-7-12-a.html)

Hgamroth 10-06-2012 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoriKay (Post 4490026)
Sorry for the upcoming whine, but I just hate weekends for this diet! Yesterday I was up at 5, the kids had band/volleyball practice before school so we had to leave by 6:10 to get everyone where they needed to go. I ate breakfast around 5:30. I was at work by 6:45. By 10 I was starving and there were Friday treats at work so I had an IP bar to keep my fingers off the treats. I had my 2 cups of veggies for lunch but also ate southwest cheese curls which are also restricted. (Saved some and finished them up in the afternoon) I worked until about 6:00 (I'm a 2nd grade teacher) when we went over to the football game, I knew I wasn't getting supper so I ate my 3rd restricted item. Got home around 10:30 & had a few veggies and turkey but not close to the required amount. (Will having that many restricted items through off my kitosis?)

Today is more of the same except I'm home until noon so I'll have restriced breakfast and lunch, but then we go to a marching band competition for the rest of the day and I have no idea when I'll get to eat. My problem is that if I throw a bar or two in my purse, I eat them but if I don't, I may put my body in starvation mode because I don't know when my next meal will be!

Oh, and I HATE being cold and it's outside where it's COLD!

Then Sunday we often go out to eat with friends from church. I love the company but somedays it's so hard! Last time we ate at Pizza Ranch. I had 2 pieces of chicken & some iceburg lettuce, then ate my veggies when I got home. I enjoyed the company, but NOT the food!

Sorry about this long whining post.

OK, you need to plan plan plan! That is too many restricteds in 1 day. Dice up some jicama in a baggie with cinnamon and splenda. Take some sliced celery and cucumbers. Drink lots of water. Take hard boiled eggs and eat the whites. If you absolutely need an extra packet, do not eat an extra restricted and drink an EAS RTD instead. Make some pudding muffins or chocolate drink cookies to split up and munch on. Just some suggestions that I think may help. Good luck!

Samkatmom 10-06-2012 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sassyc1979 (Post 4489960)
Well, I fell off the wagon yesterday. Poor planning. Lesson learned. We just went for a quick trip to Houston and I didn't plan dinner. We got to Houston around 11pm and had to order food at the hotel bar. I ordered a turkey crossaint with full intention of just eating the turkey. I was so hungry I didn't care. Not going to beat myself up about it. at least it was delicious. This is our first quick trip, done vacations fully OP this seemed harder for some reason. Back 100% OP today. Now i know to plan better for overnight trips in he future. We have another coming up soon. Confessional done! Lol!

Sassy

This made me smile because I made a pumpkin gingerbread cake for my girls and I had a one by one inch piece. It was a new recipe not using flour or refined white sugar and I wanted to taste what I was feeding to my children. I was feeling guilty because I have been doing well on IP. Thanks for helping me feel not so alone. Everyday is a new opportunity to be 100% OP.

IPdivajen 10-06-2012 10:35 AM

Hgamroth - missed your post yesterday but glad you got the support you need. Who needs friends like that? Not you!!

greeniris - can't believe your son's wedding is almost here! I hope you have a wonderful time. :)

LoriKay - sadly yes, three restricteds in a day likely would push you out of ketosis - just too many carbs. :( If it's helpful, here's how I deal with the weekends and not knowing when I'll have access to food. I make sure I have one or two 500mls water bottles with me and one or two drink packets (orange or vanilla drink are my go to). If I'm starving and need a packet, I pop open the water bottle, drink about half, then empty my packet into the bottle, shake and drink. Voila - instant IP meal on the go without too many carbs. Take a bar or puffs or whatever with you too - but just one restricted. I also cut up a bunch of peppers into slices, toss them into a ziploc, and put them in my purse for something crunchy to snack on. You can do this!!!

bttrhalf 10-06-2012 10:53 AM

been gone for awhile

Good morning Everyone,
I see we have much to celebrate since the last time I was on, congrats to everyone for the big and little victories.
Been gone awhile but I'm back, never left the program just been very busy for the chat. I was on a business trip last week and it was a tough trip to plan for. had a horrible time getting in all my veggies and the right amount of protein but i did loose I'm officially down 40lbs and into the 150's. hoping to hit the 140's by my birthday at the end of the month.
I went to my doctor two weeks ago and he took me off the cholesterol med's and cut my blood pressure med in half :carrot::carrot::carrot: and if the pressure stays down I will be able to get off the meds totally, yahoooooo
everyone have a great weekend
this plan really does work stay positive

scorbett1103 10-06-2012 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BetsyAnn (Post 4489972)
Thanks everyone! Yes, it does feel great!!!!!
Question: When you go to an IP center with a coach, how often do they take your measurements?

Weekly - I like tracking the inches, some weeks when my losses are low I find that I've shrunk a couple of inches. Other weeks my inches don't change much but the pounds have fallen off!

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitgirl2012 (Post 4489985)
Question...on another thread, others have mentioned that the chocolate pancake/muffin has 22 carbs. From the nutrition sheet that is posted in the stickies, and my clinic's sheet, it has 14 carbs. I'm just wondering which is correct because I enjoy that one almost daily!!!

I think the Canadian version is slightly different than the one available in the US - that might explain the difference. Either way, it's still a restricted item so as long as that's your one restricted for the day you're fine :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by greeniris (Post 4490020)
I have a very busy weekend as my son's wedding is next Sat., & on Tues. I leave to southern LA to pick up my little granddaughter (his daughter) to bring her up here for the wedding.
So I best get busy. Will try to check in occasionally...have a great weekend!

Sounds like you have planned very well!! Have a fantastic time, and don't stress - you got this!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoriKay (Post 4490026)
Sorry for the upcoming whine, but I just hate weekends for this diet! Yesterday I was up at 5, the kids had band/volleyball practice before school so we had to leave by 6:10 to get everyone where they needed to go. I ate breakfast around 5:30. I was at work by 6:45. By 10 I was starving and there were Friday treats at work so I had an IP bar to keep my fingers off the treats. I had my 2 cups of veggies for lunch but also ate southwest cheese curls which are also restricted. (Saved some and finished them up in the afternoon) I worked until about 6:00 (I'm a 2nd grade teacher) when we went over to the football game, I knew I wasn't getting supper so I ate my 3rd restricted item. Got home around 10:30 & had a few veggies and turkey but not close to the required amount. (Will having that many restricted items through off my kitosis?)
Sorry about this long whining post.

Three restricted items is going to increase your carb count by quite a bit - whether it would kick you out of ketosis is debatable but more carbs will slow your losses down a bit, especially if you make a habit of it. It sounds like you should look into the Ready-To-Drink shakes - they are unrestricted and made to be portable! You could also just bring shake packets, your shaker bottle, and a bottled water if you don't think you will have access to water where you are going. Crispy Cereal pancakes travel well (I make them into mini pancakes and bring them to work for snacks!). You can also make the omelettes ahead of time, and if you have access to a microwave at work you can heat and eat.

I can totally understand trying to work this diet into a busy schedule - I have one in school and one still home, my husband is a full time student, I work full time nights and run a small baking business out of my house during the day. We have one car so I am usually carting everyone everywhere. The key to making the diet work is planning ahead! I sit down with my calendar every SUnday to see which days are going to be tough - I chop veggies ahead of time, cook and portion meat out so I can just grab & go if needed. I plan my snacks and IP meals for the whole week so I don't get caught in an emergency. I also keep a couple of Ready-to-drink shakes handy (one at work, one in my bag) just in case I DO get stuck out. It CAN be done, it just requires a little planning to make sure YOU are the one in control of your meals!

BetsyAnn 10-06-2012 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BetsyAnn (Post 4489984)
Okay, maybe I should measure today too, but honestly, I don't feel like I have lost anything in inches.

Well, I measured and lo and behold, I did lose 7" overall :carrot:

scorbett1103 10-06-2012 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BetsyAnn (Post 4490047)

Way to go!!!

kmstacy 10-06-2012 10:59 AM

Congrats on the losses! Sounds like many of us have a busy weekend ahead..It is 39 degrees but real feel 33 and we are going take kids to Autumn On Parade outside..we shall freeze but they will have fun..lol

LoriKay 10-06-2012 11:06 AM

Thanks for the replies. I'm so frustrated but I will do better today and start planning for next weekend which includes everything this weekend does plus one more marching competition and company. Marching band season is almost over!! :)

scorbett1103 10-06-2012 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoriKay (Post 4490055)
Thanks for the replies. I'm so frustrated but I will do better today and start planning for next weekend which includes everything this weekend does plus one more marching competition and company. Marching band season is almost over!! :)

Awww I kinda miss marching season! Was in color guard all through high school. Have fun! (and plan ahead!!) :)

jmuroff1 10-06-2012 11:13 AM

THAT'S AWESOME!! Keep it up!! :):carrot::carrot:

Quote:

Originally Posted by BetsyAnn (Post 4489948)
woohoo...weighed in this morning and after my first week I have lost 8lbs!

MSEMDEE 10-06-2012 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BetsyAnn (Post 4490047)

Woohoo!

MommaHen 10-06-2012 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hgamroth (Post 4489992)
Have fun at your purse party!!! I am jealous because I am a major purse girl! The only thing I own more of than purses is shoes! You are in Casper right?

Yes...I am in Casper and it is a Miche Bag Party. Not sure if I will buy anything. Going on a cruise in 2 weeks and I would rather spend the money at some port of call on something I can't get here! But I will go to be supportive of my friend.

Quote:

Originally Posted by IPdivajen (Post 4490015)
Ooooh mammahen, a purse party! Scary stuff for me. I have a wee bit of an addiction in that area.

In fact, when we moved into our house the fourth bedroom was painted pink for the former owners' little girl. We were still trying to have a family at that point and never painted over it 'just in case'. Well, that never happened, but since I love pink I decided to just leave it and turn it into a library/craft room/place to display my purses. So it went from being the nursery to the pursery!! :) Have fun!

I love it "pursery" that is just awesome!!! I also have a pink room in my house...it is my scrapbooking, crafting room too. I love it. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hgamroth (Post 4490022)
Thank you Wuv, scorbett, momma hen, triciabean, fitgirl, and justbecause for all of your support last night. You all made me feel so much better and helped me accept that they weren't really that great of friends. I am moving on and going to continue to be proud of what I have finally done for myself. If they are wanting their FAT friend back, it is NEVER going to happen. I love my husband who is proud of me and we are starting a new, healthy life.

You are welcome Holly...anytime!

I had to shovel/sweep the snow in little paths around the hen yard this morning...my girls were not wanting to come out of the coop at all and walk in the snow. They need to toughen up...2 inches is nothing! Have a great Saturday everybody!

KathrynRose 10-06-2012 11:31 AM

Week 20 and I lost another .5 lbs. I am a little closer to my goal of losing between 6.9 and 11.9 pounds by Thanksgiving. Not as close as I hoped to be. I blame TOM. All I can do is stay on plan.

I can't believe how many places it snowed!

I hope everyone has a great week!

mompattie 10-06-2012 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IPdivajen (Post 4490013)
Morning, all! Happy weekend! And happy Thanksgiving weekend to my fellow Canadians!

I have so much to be thankful for but today in particular I'm so grateful to see ONEDERLAND!!!! I can't believe it! Stepped on the scale this morning and there it was. I think I squealed. I don't remember. I did take a picture of the scale though and I keep looking at it! :)

Congratulations on ONEDERLAND!!!!!! :bravo::encore::encore::cheer2::cheer2::broc::chee r:

Awesome!!!! Excellent!!! You are amazing!!!! I'm sooooo happy for you!!!