Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 11:33 AM   #31  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
HAHA..THANK YOU for saying it!!!

ROFL - you KNOW that it was YOUR voice in my head there...
Old 10-04-2012, 11:47 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 257.4/203.2/185

Height: 5'6

Good morning everyone!

Had WI#10 yesterday and lost 2 lbs! It was a rough week and was my TOM, but I am still happy with the 2lbs gone! I am back on track and feeling good!

My 50 lbs mark is SO close I can taste it. Kinda tastes like yummy mango smoothie.... :-P
Old 10-04-2012, 12:28 PM   #33  
Doin' it for ME

S/C/G: 228/210/140

Height: 5'5"

Default Newbie day 23

What a week it has been (continuation of a challening year). Found out Tuesday I have to have surgery again. Had major surgery in April and now the abdominal muscle has herniated.....unbelievable is all I know to say. Finally cracked Tuesday night at dinner. Had WI on Wed and was down 1. Better than nothing. Was expecting gain after Tuesday night. I am back OP.
Coach said I have to start Alternative on Sunday. Can't have surgery in ketosis. So now I am not only scared about surgery but worried my weight loss will stop. Hopefully will feel like getting back on PH 1 24 hours after surgery as she has suggested.

I am pleased with the loss of lbs so far on IP, however, I am so frustrated that my % of fat loss is almost not existant. Anyone else experience this?

Last edited by cpersons; 10-04-2012 at 12:47 PM.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:50 PM   #34  
Keeping it real!

S/C/G: 40/31/30 waist inches!

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post

veggies...veggies....i love my veggies!!
LOL - maybe it's me rainbow, but this picture is obscene
Old 10-04-2012, 12:50 PM   #35  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
HAHhaha....I have ONLY said that how many time since you have started???....I kinda figured I would be in your head....lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpersons View Post
What a week it has been (continuation of a challening year). Found out Tuesday I have to have surgery again. Had major surgery in April and now the abdominal muscle has herniated.....unbelievable is all I know to say. Finally cracked Tuesday night at dinner. Had WI on Wed and was down 1. Better than nothing. Was expecting gain after Tuesday night. I am back OP.
Coach said I have to start Alternative on Sunday. Can't have surgery in ketosis. So now I am not only scared about surgery but worried my weight loss will stop. Hopefully will feel like getting back on PH 1 24 hours after surgery as she has suggested.

I am pleased with the loss of lbs so far on IP, however, I am so frustrated that my % of fat loss is almost not existant. Anyone else experience this?
You will still lose weight on the Alternatives, its what we put diabetics on so don't worry just get yourself better
Old 10-04-2012, 12:53 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 275/ticker/195

Height: 5'10"

Hello everyone!
Congrats on the losses to Kay2012, dk8258, Malindalee, AnnaBoBanna, cpersons...everyone is doing so good!

I had my first WI today, and I am down 6 lbs.!! I am very happy. I thought I wouldn't lose much since TOM came the day before I started on IP. I love having more energy already. And seeing that I CAN accomplish something if I want to bad enough.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:53 PM   #37  
Keeping it real!

So I posted yesterday about my coach changing some things up in Phase 3 for me. I went to see her yesterday and this was her explanation. In Phase 4 they ask you to not mix your fat and carbs. Of course her saying a low-fat yogurt was considered a fat confused the heck out of me. She then explained that our bodies see dairies as fats and when we go in to maintenance we are taught to not mix fat and carbs. So .... on a day that I have a yogurt (or any other dairy) in my breakfast, I shouldn't have a carb (toast, oatmeal, etc.) I kind of get it ... I don't think she's trying to make it harder, just to get me in the habit. LizRR - in your phase 4 do you follow those rules? I'm finding phase 3 to be very confusing at breakfast time ... although I had yogurt with blueberries today and loved it!!!
Old 10-04-2012, 01:11 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 315/ticker/182

Height: 6'

I am a very visual type person so with every pound down it is in my mind the equivalent of one brick of butter off my body. Imagine that if you will!
Old 10-04-2012, 01:16 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 171/159.5/135

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Thanks for all of your positive support! Have a great OP day!!
Old 10-04-2012, 01:19 PM   #40  
Keeping it real!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskbushbunny View Post
I am a very visual type person so with every pound down it is in my mind the equivalent of one brick of butter off my body. Imagine that if you will!
My coach has one of those 1 lb blobs of fat prop in his office. Every once in a while I imagine 23 of those piled up - gross. I like butter too much to make it feel gross to me :0)
Old 10-04-2012, 01:22 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 155/155/125

Height: 5'3.5"

My home scale is broken. I have 10 pounds to go. My coach is on vaca this week for my WI. My husband tried to force me to eat legumes. Oh dear...

The city I work in is having FitWeek this week. It is super cool. There are hundreds of free workout classes to try out all week. From Curves to Zumba to Yoga to Reformer Pilates. So in addition to having the challenges listed above, this week I will go from my normal two kickboxing classes a week to: yoga, kickbox, yoga, kickbox, yoga, pilates, pilates. Thank goodness for RTD mango and strawberry drinks :-)
Old 10-04-2012, 01:23 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 165/137.2/140

Height: 5ft 6in

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyangie View Post
So I posted yesterday about my coach changing some things up in Phase 3 for me. I went to see her yesterday and this was her explanation. In Phase 4 they ask you to not mix your fat and carbs. Of course her saying a low-fat yogurt was considered a fat confused the heck out of me. She then explained that our bodies see dairies as fats and when we go in to maintenance we are taught to not mix fat and carbs. So .... on a day that I have a yogurt (or any other dairy) in my breakfast, I shouldn't have a carb (toast, oatmeal, etc.) I kind of get it ... I don't think she's trying to make it harder, just to get me in the habit. LizRR - in your phase 4 do you follow those rules? I'm finding phase 3 to be very confusing at breakfast time ... although I had yogurt with blueberries today and loved it!!!
Sounds to me like she is making it harder and more confusing because she isn't having you follow the plan. Breakfast is the only time in the day when you can mix your carbs and fats and that's the same in Phase 3 and 4. What she is taking about (not mixing your carbs/fats) is for lunch/dinner in phase 4. Personally I would stick to the plan as it has been laid out for us. Just my 2 cents!!
Old 10-04-2012, 01:25 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

See, our coach says a great phase three breakfast is a mix of no fat greek yogurt and Kashi Go Lean cereal (and berries, etc, but she puts those two together for sure).
Old 10-04-2012, 01:27 PM   #44  

Bitter Sweet: - Got married less than 4 months ago, and now neither of our rings fit us. Bitter cause I miss my diamond, sweet cause I know that I have lost a lot of weight
Old 10-04-2012, 01:36 PM   #45  
Keeping it real!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelissaM39 View Post
Sounds to me like she is making it harder and more confusing because she isn't having you follow the plan. Breakfast is the only time in the day when you can mix your carbs and fats and that's the same in Phase 3 and 4. What she is taking about (not mixing your carbs/fats) is for lunch/dinner in phase 4. Personally I would stick to the plan as it has been laid out for us. Just my 2 cents!!
OMG! I'M SO CONFUSED!!!!! Can I grab a concensus from everyone else also? If you guys all agree that during breakfast I should do this ... then I'm gonna - cause I want yogurt and granola mixed!!
Closed Thread