Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 10:15 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 235/186/150

Height: 5' 5"

Good Morning Everyone! Cold here in Wyoming, 26 this morning with a call for snow tonight.

Regarding being in the drivers seat and taking control..it is awesome. I have some pretty amazing will power, but it has taken a while to get that. If you look at the picture of me at my heaviest it is clear I had no will power at that time and just ate whatever looked good and lots of it. When I was growing up eating out was a treat, we lived far out of town and money was tight so when we did get to go out it was a splurge and I always ordered decadent food that we didn't have at home. That followed over into my adult life too, but cheaper fast food became more common and my ability to pay for eating out became more often. But my change in thinking about what I ordered did not. I would have never ordered a salad. Why go to a nice steak house and order a salad...seemed like a waste of money to me. No I know better and I feel better when I make good choices when I am eating out or buying groceries. Being in control is wonderful and you can see the results all over this board...everyday lots of losses and NSVs. It is very inspiring that is for sure!

So today my dad starts physical therapy and I will be taking him to his appointment. Again, I am headed into town armed with my IP products, some WF dressing for my lunch salad and all my water. Yes, it takes a little planning, but is so much better than just winging it. I hope everyone has a great 100% OP day. Life is good!
Old 10-04-2012, 10:17 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 171/159.5/135

Height: 5' 3"

Only 2.2 pounds lost this week but I am feeling stronger and working out and my clothes are looser! Yea!
Old 10-04-2012, 10:18 AM   #18  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by malindalee View Post
Only 2.2 pounds lost this week but I am feeling stronger and working out and my clothes are looser! Yea!
ONLY is a four-letter word! 2 pounds is gone forever, great job!
Old 10-04-2012, 10:32 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 171/159.5/135

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Thanks for the reminder!!
Old 10-04-2012, 10:35 AM   #20  
8/23/12 - 1/6/13

S/C/G: 170/140/135

Kay2012, dk8258, Malindalee-
Yea for another great week! WTG!

Ipdivajen, Scorbett1103, Tigerlvr5-
I understand your need for a break after such fantastic success. You know exactly what to do so I have no doubt you will succeed. For me, I'm only 6 weeks in and I need the rigidity of the protocol just to make it through all the holiday parties. It is so much easier to say 'no' than to figure out when to stop saying 'yes'. My plan is to be off Phase 1 by Thanksgiving and into Phase 4 when all the grandkids come to visit over Christmas. Then, like IPdivajen, back to Phase 1 for January tweaking to be ready for Cancun in Feb.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:36 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 251.5/196.5/137.5

I don't know why, but I'm doubting myself and this diet. I know it works and I have results, but my brain is saying: "you'll fail again, this won't work"... Geez, what's the matter with me?

It's great to read all of you and all the successes, but then I read replies from a certain person here, and it makes my brain fight this...

I guess I'm PMS-ing... sigh! Sorry about being a downer today...
Old 10-04-2012, 10:40 AM   #22  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvei View Post
I don't know why, but I'm doubting myself and this diet. I know it works and I have results, but my brain is saying: "you'll fail again, this won't work"... Geez, what's the matter with me?

It's great to read all of you and all the successes, but then I read replies from a certain person here, and it makes my brain fight this...

Could just be from the fat loss releasing hormones. You have 2 weeks down and have had some great losses. Keep with it for as long as you can.

Pretty soon, it will be just your normal way of eating and you will be able to see yourself doing IP through the end.

What got me through the first couple of months was that every morning I would tell myself, I'm not cheating today. I don't have to do that anymore.

You can do this!
Old 10-04-2012, 10:40 AM   #23  
IP Start: 8/17/12

S/C/G: 183/150/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi all,
I too am looking to start phasing off in about two weeks for the holidays. I'll be within 10 LBS of goal by then. Looking to reboot in January if I'm still 10+ LBS from goal.
I have to be honest...Phase 3 and Phase 4 scare me. How will I eat those massive Phase 3 breakfasts? Right now I grab a bar or shake and I'm out the door. And in Phase 4, will I be able to just taste cheese and wine (etc) without going overboard?
I really think the hard part will be keeping it off...
WI # 7 is tomorrow. Hope to be in the 150's by then.
Have a great OP day!
Old 10-04-2012, 10:58 AM   #24  

Height: magmeepEVE

Quote:

You'll do so well on this! I still have doubts at times that I can do this too, but then I see that I've been doing it, and well, that just feels great. And losing the weight, and just feeling better emotionally and physically is such a reward. I feel like myself again.

Ignore posts that are negative. You can do this!
Old 10-04-2012, 11:08 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 149/131/130

Height: 5'3"

It is a slow lazy morning. My girls are in two different schools (older in public high school, younger in private middle school) and the younger one has the next two days off. My wonderful husband took my older daughter to school and I am spending a couple of lazy hours on the couch with my younger daughter before work.

So, now I must get back to doing nothing. Have a great day all.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:09 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngieBaby41 View Post
Has anyone ordered from them this week? I put in an order on Monday and it's still showing that it hasn't shipped. I hope it's a fluke because I NEED my chocolate shakes!! Just thought I'd check before I bug them.

Happy Thursday!!
Happy Thursday! I placed an order from them on Friday and received it Tuesday. Typically they process and ship within a day- within the same day if you ordered in the morning. So definitely call with them and check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlvr52 View Post
So after a fantastic doctors appointment where according to their office I have lost 66 lbs. We talked about my blood work which is much better. We made the decision that I am going to move to Phase 2/3 for a while just to relax my system. I have gallbladder problems so I need to be careful of any fast weight loss. DH and I are going to join the YMCA tomorrow so I will be doing that as well. I promised my doctor, husband and sister that when I got to a weight that I could exercise then I would slow down on the IP diet a bit and work on my fitness. So with that, I will be taking about a month off from IP and doing a different route that my dr wants me to try. She is so proud of me and amazed at this. Because of the success I have had she is doing a lot more research and recommend this to another one of her patients. You will see me pop in and out for the next few weeks to get some phase 3 Ideas. Good luck for the next month IP'ers.
Awesome news! I'm glad you've done so well on IP and I'm sure it has set you up for success no matter what plan you end up following. Good luck with your new exercise program; I think you'll love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaHen View Post
Good Morning Everyone! Cold here in Wyoming, 26 this morning with a call for snow tonight.

Regarding being in the drivers seat and taking control..it is awesome. I have some pretty amazing will power, but it has taken a while to get that. If you look at the picture of me at my heaviest it is clear I had no will power at that time and just ate whatever looked good and lots of it. When I was growing up eating out was a treat, we lived far out of town and money was tight so when we did get to go out it was a splurge and I always ordered decadent food that we didn't have at home. That followed over into my adult life too, but cheaper fast food became more common and my ability to pay for eating out became more often. But my change in thinking about what I ordered did not. I would have never ordered a salad. Why go to a nice steak house and order a salad...seemed like a waste of money to me. No I know better and I feel better when I make good choices when I am eating out or buying groceries. Being in control is wonderful and you can see the results all over this board...everyday lots of losses and NSVs. It is very inspiring that is for sure!

So today my dad starts physical therapy and I will be taking him to his appointment. Again, I am headed into town armed with my IP products, some WF dressing for my lunch salad and all my water. Yes, it takes a little planning, but is so much better than just winging it. I hope everyone has a great 100% OP day. Life is good!
It's funny how a switch gets flipped, isn't it?! Good for you! And great job on preparing for today. You're right that it beats just winging it any day- failure to plan is planning to fail, in my experience anyway... maybe some lucky folks are different

I'm so glad your dad is okay but I'm sorry this has been such a source of stress for you. Best wishes for a speedy recovery for him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by malindalee View Post
Congrats! That's wonderful, keep up the great work!

Quote:

I SO get where you're coming from! Just this morning I was teary eyed getting out of my car for work for absolutely no reason! I am feeling somewhat more emotional lately so I think there's something to the whole hormone release thing. But please keep your chin up- you are doing so wonderfully! Take credit for your accomplishments and be happy about them- you earned it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbl70 View Post
Hi all,
I too am looking to start phasing off in about two weeks for the holidays. I'll be within 10 LBS of goal by then. Looking to reboot in January if I'm still 10+ LBS from goal.
I have to be honest...Phase 3 and Phase 4 scare me. How will I eat those massive Phase 3 breakfasts? Right now I grab a bar or shake and I'm out the door. And in Phase 4, will I be able to just taste cheese and wine (etc) without going overboard?
I really think the hard part will be keeping it off...
WI # 7 is tomorrow. Hope to be in the 150's by then.
Have a great OP day!
Good luck at WI! I think phasing off for the holidays sounds like a good idea for you. Keep in touch and let us know how it goes!
Old 10-04-2012, 11:11 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPdivajen View Post
Morning all!

Work is nutso right now so haven't had much time to pop on - it's even keeping me busy at nights! Which doubly sucks, 'cause DH is finally working days again so we actually get to see each other! And have dinner together! And now I have to be at work. Bah. Oh well, this too shall pass and we have a nice long weekend to look forward to.

My big news is that I'm starting to phase off in less than two weeks! Insanity!

I'm still 22lbs from my original goal so not quite there. BUT...I had planned on phasing out in time for Christmas and have decided to push that forward a bit.

By the time I hit phase 2 I should be about 15lbs from goal and am hoping to be 10lbs away when I hit phase 3. I know a few pounds will return while I'm on 3 and 4 but that's okay..this is a 'for the rest of my life' kind of thing and I'll always be paying attention.

The plan is do to phase 4 for the last six weeks of 2012, then go back for a reboot/finishing time in January of 2012. Then I should have anywhere from 10-20 lbs to go to get to goal, but I will have had a good rest in between which is super important for my mental state at this point.

I seriously feel like a switch is about to be flipped and that I need to be done. I've been at this for seven months and have been (thankfully) very successful - but I need to taste cheese, fruit, wine and toast again. Note that I said taste...I have no plans to scarf down everything in sight, but I feel like I need those things back, ya know? It's been long enough. I know so many of you understand!!!

So I gave myself permission to not have to do this all at once and I'm so happy about my decision. My coach is 100% behind me and is quite supportive because she's gotten me to a point where I'm ready to be in this for the long haul. So that's good.

October 17th will be my first phase 2 lunch and Halloween will be my first phase 3 breakfast. BRING IT ON!!!!!
You've done so great on IP, Jen! Be very proud of yourself, I think you've made a great decision for yourself. I also feel like IP is not something I can be on indefinitely- after a few months, I will more than likely do the same as you. People just have to do what works for them. And exercise, how wonderful!

Oooh, I finally have an NSV to report (and good thing, because I think my WI is going to stink again this week, my weight is all over the place). I went to put on a cardigan from last year (I was probably higher than my IP SW the last time I wore it) and the thing just sagged in the stomach area. My pants have been pretty loose but nothing major like this yet. I was actually really surprised to already have to retire a shirt!

Last edited by djs06; 10-04-2012 at 11:12 AM.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:21 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 235/186/150

Quote:

PLEASE do not give that ONE person that much power over you! I know that one bad apple will spoil the whole bunch, but I think I might know who this apple is and I can assure you that you have nothing to worry about. Some people just like to cause upset, sit back stir the pot and watch the fall out. Like others said...disregard one persons comments and look at all the fabulous support and inspiration is here. Don't miss the forest of opportunity with this plan, you health and body for one silly tree.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:28 AM   #29  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaHen View Post
PLEASE do not give that ONE person that much power over you! I know that one bad apple will spoil the whole bunch, but I think I might know who this apple is and I can assure you that you have nothing to worry about. Some people just like to cause upset, sit back stir the pot and watch the fall out. Like others said...disregard one persons comments and look at all the fabulous support and inspiration is here. Don't miss the forest of opportunity with this plan, you health and body for one silly tree.
This is great advice!!

Only you can decide what is the right path for you
Old 10-04-2012, 11:28 AM   #30  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
HAHA..THANK YOU for saying it!!!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg no.jpg (38.2 KB, 18 views)
Closed Thread