3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Chicken Lettuce Wraps (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/267419-chicken-lettuce-wraps.html)

marebear66 10-03-2012 12:00 AM

Chicken Lettuce Wraps

I'm in week 2 and already getting bored with the limited diet. Tonight I made Chicken Lettuce Wraps that were delicious!

Saute finely chopped mushrooms in olive oil, add finely chopped cauliflower then finely chopped chicken breast. After warm, turn heat off add finely chopped cucumber and add Walden Farms Asian dressing. Serve in baby romaine leaves. If I'd had zucchini and celery, I'd have added that, too.

Great little change of pace meal. Inspired by my coach who says he makes chicken salad with WF ranch dressing and serves in lettuce wraps. May try that one next.

Momto2cs 10-03-2012 12:19 AM

Get some miracle noodles and add them. They work great in lettuce wraps!

MyTime50 10-03-2012 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marebear66 (Post 4486794)
I'm in week 2 and already getting bored with the limited diet. Tonight I made Chicken Lettuce Wraps that were delicious!

Saute finely chopped mushrooms in olive oil, add finely chopped cauliflower then finely chopped chicken breast. After warm, turn heat off add finely chopped cucumber and add Walden Farms Asian dressing. Serve in baby romaine leaves. If I'd had zucchini and celery, I'd have added that, too.

Great little change of pace meal. Inspired by my coach who says he makes chicken salad with WF ranch dressing and serves in lettuce wraps. May try that one next.

Change it up and use Franks Buffalo Wing sauce and serve in lettuce wraps with WF blue cheese or ranch dressing. Diced cukes on top help to cool down the wing sauce!!

scorbett1103 10-03-2012 09:06 AM

Have you ever checked out Finn's recipe thread? I thought that the "limits" of this diet would be tough, but I swear I eat more variety now than before! It's amazing how many "mock" recipes I have found for the things I loved to eat before.

hyrysk 10-03-2012 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marebear66 (Post 4486794)

All I can say is "Big Mac Bowl":D:D

nobylspoon 10-03-2012 09:44 AM

I made a similar dish the other night when I was craving tacos. I replaced the shell with romaine heart lettuce, replaced the beef with bison and made my own taco seasoning (packaged kinds all had carbs and sugar).

I made a great pico with a lot of fresh veggies to put on top and garnished with some alfalfa sprouts.