Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2012, 10:24 AM   #16  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgamroth View Post
Happy Monday! I am home with my little guy again as he he still recovering from his tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy. I am going to be cleaning, homework and experimenting with Lizz's margarita pudding and cucumber sorbet! I snuck on the scale this morning and it said 156! yay! I officially WI tomorrow so I won't get TOO excited.
Awww...hope he feels better soon. Good luck on WI tomorrow!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tlee View Post
Sorry to hear about your dad. I hope all goes well.

It is my first day on IP. I just finished my banana pudding and it wasn't bad at all. I would just like to get through the first three days....I'm trying to decide which packet I will eat at lunch and what veggies I will have (working from home today so i didn't plan). I'm going to down my water today to hopefully help me feel a bit fuller. I'm also going to back off of my step classes for the next few weeks. I will still do some step classes but not the 4 to 5 I've been used to. I am nervous about this coming weekend as it is Canadian Thanksgiving and we will be at the family cottage for 2 days. I've already mentally prepared myself for the fact that I will not be having pumpkin pie. Maybe I'll have a vanilla pudding with cinnamon and nutmeg? Anyways....any tips would be appreciated.
The BEST thing you can do is prepare, prepare, prepare!!! Talk to your family about what is being prepared for dinner - remember that you should have veggies with no butter or sauces on them, and if you know ahead of time that there won't be stuff you can have on the menu, bring your own! Plenty of cut-up veggies and a head of lettuce will keep you going all through the holiday. Seasoning your vanilla pudding with spices is a great way to make sure you can have dessert without going off the diet! If you are prepared for yourself, you can just go about your days normally and not stress about what you can/can't have.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:34 AM   #17  
Started IP 9/25

S/C/G: 190/173.2/145

Height: 5'4"

I have my first WI today at noon! I'm so excited to see how much I have lost! I started IP on 9/25.

On the down side, I woke up this morning with the beginning of gout in my big toe. I've only had this one other time and I thought it was a fluke because of long weekend of too much wine and a 12 hour car ride. Looks like I'll be giving up the broccoli. I'm really surprised with the amount of water that I have been drinking that I would still get gout this early in the game! Am I doomed for the rest of my weightloss journey?

Jodi
Old 10-01-2012, 10:35 AM   #18  
Started IP 9/25

S/C/G: 190/173.2/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by clh99002 View Post
Good morning from CT!

The leaves are changing and the weather is getting cooler. I was going through my fall/winter wardrobe and things are hanging off of me. I am happily frustrated. Down 23 lbs and 2/3 pant sizes after 11 weeks! I love IP!

Have a great day everyone!
Congrats!! I love fall! I can't wait to have that problem. I have my skinny wardrobe just waiting for me in totes in the basement!

Jodi
Old 10-01-2012, 10:39 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 275/ticker/195

Height: 5'10"

Good morning!
So proud to see all the losses! Congrats!
MommaHen, so sorry about your Dad. Hope he gets well soon and everything turns out alright.
Holly hope your son gets better soon!
I am on day 4. I had to stay with my Grandmother this weekend, so I planned it for days 1-3 in case I was sick. I haven't had any ill side effects though so far. I wish I had more things to choose from in my bag though! Seems like I am almost down to snack foods and oatmeal. Ha. Guess I will have to stock up on the things I liked on Thursday

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 10-01-2012, 10:43 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 299.8/282.3/160

Height: 5'8"

Default Caramel syrup v. Caramel dip???

Our grocery stores carry a WF Caramel Syrup and a WF Caramel Dip ... any opinions one way or the other on either of them? I've tried the syrup. It's okay. Guess I'm really more curious if anyone's used the dip and if it's any different/better?

Last edited by AngieBaby41; 10-01-2012 at 10:44 AM. Reason: typo
Old 10-01-2012, 10:44 AM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
This is the 'Mock Baked Apple' recipe I've used before and it is AWESOME!
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4214298-post303.html

Here's a thread with folks talking about different ways to make 'baked apples':
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ed-apples.html

MommaHen I'm so sorry to hear about your dad! That is so awful, I pray for a speedy recovery!!!!

Cucumber-Lemon Sorbet was DELICIOUS!!!! I am trying Zucchini-Spinach-Lime Sorbet tonight. Not sure if you caught it at last nights midnight posting, but my ice cream machine BROKE in the middle of my sorbet making!!!! I took to blending up the sorbet ingredients (1 zucchini, 1c spinach, lime juice, 1c almond milk, splenda), freezing in ice cube trays, and will throw them back in the blender tonight before serving. Oh the HORROR!!!!!

Allright - back to the lab, my son is going to the hospital at noon for a hearing test - they have to knock him out so he won't grab at the ear buds so I jumped up real quick for a 'Good Morning' post - miss seeing y'all during the day! These midnight lurkings are getting OLD!
Ooohhhh. Keep us postedon the zucchini spinach lime sorbet! So sorry about your ice cream machine! YIKES!
Old 10-01-2012, 11:22 AM   #22  
IP Start 9/5/12

S/C/G: 195/167/150

Height: 5'5"

Lightbulb

Momma hen, sorry to hear about your dad!! How scary hope he gets better soon.

Liz - Cucumber lemon sorbet sounds so good. Is it phase 1 legal?

I just finished a fabulously exhausting weekend of work. I work at a winery in the middle of one of the best ava's in Washington state and we just completed our first annual AVA block party, which I was the chairman of. It was a huge success and I am so happy its over! I worked 13 hrs on Friday, 9 on Saturday and 7 yesterday, on my feet the whole time. It was really hard to get all my water in, but did my best. Ate my food at odd times and got home Sat night so tired I went straight to bed, no dinner. I weigh in tomorrow morning and I don't feel like I've lost anything....kind of anxious!

Clueless here......What's. NSV mean?
Old 10-01-2012, 11:25 AM   #23  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twindy57 View Post

Clueless here......What's. NSV mean?
NSV = Non-scale victory

As in, you getting through the busy weekend and staying on plan is a big NSV!!
Old 10-01-2012, 11:30 AM   #24  
IP Start: 8/17/12

S/C/G: 183/150/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngieBaby41 View Post
Our grocery stores carry a WF Caramel Syrup and a WF Caramel Dip ... any opinions one way or the other on either of them? I've tried the syrup. It's okay. Guess I'm really more curious if anyone's used the dip and if it's any different/better?
I've tried them both. I use the caramel syrup in my spinach shakes and also on pancakes. The only other syrup I have is the chocolate and it's just OK.
The caramel dip I've used for celery and cucumbers. It's really sweet...so a little goes a long way. If I had to choose between the two...I'd use the syrup more.
Old 10-01-2012, 11:33 AM   #25  
Keeping it real!

S/C/G: 40/31/30 waist inches!

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngieBaby41 View Post
I use the carmel dip in a blend of spinach, vanilla rtd, ice, cinammon and I LOVE it!!!
Old 10-01-2012, 11:43 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 257.4/203.2/185

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaHen View Post
Good Morning Everyone!

Well yesterday was a crazy day. My dad came out to help us work on putting the roof up on the barn. We were putting 14 foot x 4 foot sheets of metal up and had a pretty good assembly line going. We were on the last sheet up for the day when my fathers ladder dug into the sand just right and basically threw him off the ladder with his hands up over his head, holding onto the sheet of metal. He landed right on his hip and broke it. I am just so mad about this whole thing. I have asked my husband all summer to find a younger more agile helper, but my dad keeps offering so it has been the three of us working on it all summer. And each day I tell my husband that I worry about my dad falling. So in my husbands efforts to save a buck and not hire it done it is costing my dad a broken hip and surgery. Also he and my mom were to leave today to go on their 25th anniversary trip (he is really my step-dad, but I call him my father). So all of that is cancelled. He fell about 4:30 and I ended up taking him to the hospital and staying with him there until they determined it was broken and admitted him for the night.

So I didn't leave there until nearly 9pm. I didn't have my snack or dinner with me so I ate when I got home at nearly 10. I ended up having steamed broccoli and a small piece of steak, but never managed to eat the snack, it was late and I was exhausted. The adrenaline wore off and all of a sudden I was just exhausted.

In the big scheme of what we were doing yesterday if he was going to fall from a ladder he did it in the best place...outside on the sand and not inside the building that already has a concrete floor. And he fell from the the third rung of a the smallest ladder. When he happened to fall I was up on the 20 foot extension ladder watching it all happen in slow motion, not being able to do anything. Then in my haste of trying to get down the ladder to get to him, I slipped and almost fell. So all night I just kept thinking that if my husband knows what is good for him he will hire someone to help him for find someone to just finish it. I can't even look out there at that building now without getting a pit in my stomach.

So I am going to head back into the hospital today, but I am going armed with my IP stuff and plenty of water so I can stay on plan and eat at regular times. We will find out this morning when the ortho surgeon will be pinning it. Hopefully today...he was in so much pain last night, it was just breaking my heart to see him laying there in that bed, at the same time my mom was on the phone cancelling their honeymoon suite for their trip.

I hope everyone has a great Monday and stays OP. I have my 3rd WI tomorrow..hoping for another loss.
Oh no, that sounds horrible! I hope your dad has a quick recovery. So sorry you all had to go through it :-(
Old 10-01-2012, 12:09 PM   #27  
Started IP 2/28/2012

S/C/G: 235-45%/192/130

Height: 5'4

MommaHen Sorry to hear, good luck to him and a speedy recovery! And good for you for staying focused through it all and staying OP.
Old 10-01-2012, 12:13 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 248.6/231.5/180

Height: 5'4

MommaHen, I am so sorry to here about your Father, hope he recovers quick!!
Old 10-01-2012, 12:18 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 250?/146.6/160?

Height: 5' 7 1/2"

MammaHen, truly sorry about your father. I so hope he is better and on his feet again soon!
Old 10-01-2012, 12:22 PM   #30  

Margarita pudding in the oven, lemon sorbet in ice cream machine now and then I am making spiced cider sorbet for my little man. I could get used to having days at home with him.
Closed Thread