Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2012, 06:30 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Default IP Daily Chat Monday 10/01/12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19

Last edited by rissimo; 10-01-2012 at 06:30 AM.
Old 10-01-2012, 07:13 AM   #2  

Default Woo Hoo

another 4lbs and 4 1/2in gone!!!!I'm hoping that next week for my 10 week weigh-in that I'll hit 50lbs lost mark.
So I made kale chips in my dehydrator yesterday. Wasn't impressed. I can't describe eating it. It almost seems to disenagrate in my mouth like cotton candy, only it's crunchy. Is that normal????
I also wanted to try a recipe that I think Wuv listed once. Peel a zucchini and then slice it. Microwave it w/ cin/splenda and it tastes like baked apples. Two questions if anyone knows the answers
1. How long do I microwave/bake them
2. Does it leave "juice" in the bowl when cooking?

Thanks everyone!!!!
Old 10-01-2012, 08:27 AM   #3  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Good morning all! Down 2 lbs this week. I was really excited to see the loss. I was traveling on business last week and spent the weekend with at my cousins house in Arizona.

I wasn't worried about the food at my cousins, because her normal eating habits are like phase 4. It was all the lunches and dinners out with customers during the week that worried me.

So glad to see the nice loss this week!

Hope everyone has a great OP Monday.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:44 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 235/186/150

Height: 5' 5"

Good Morning Everyone!

Well yesterday was a crazy day. My dad came out to help us work on putting the roof up on the barn. We were putting 14 foot x 4 foot sheets of metal up and had a pretty good assembly line going. We were on the last sheet up for the day when my fathers ladder dug into the sand just right and basically threw him off the ladder with his hands up over his head, holding onto the sheet of metal. He landed right on his hip and broke it. I am just so mad about this whole thing. I have asked my husband all summer to find a younger more agile helper, but my dad keeps offering so it has been the three of us working on it all summer. And each day I tell my husband that I worry about my dad falling. So in my husbands efforts to save a buck and not hire it done it is costing my dad a broken hip and surgery. Also he and my mom were to leave today to go on their 25th anniversary trip (he is really my step-dad, but I call him my father). So all of that is cancelled. He fell about 4:30 and I ended up taking him to the hospital and staying with him there until they determined it was broken and admitted him for the night.

So I didn't leave there until nearly 9pm. I didn't have my snack or dinner with me so I ate when I got home at nearly 10. I ended up having steamed broccoli and a small piece of steak, but never managed to eat the snack, it was late and I was exhausted. The adrenaline wore off and all of a sudden I was just exhausted.

In the big scheme of what we were doing yesterday if he was going to fall from a ladder he did it in the best place...outside on the sand and not inside the building that already has a concrete floor. And he fell from the the third rung of a the smallest ladder. When he happened to fall I was up on the 20 foot extension ladder watching it all happen in slow motion, not being able to do anything. Then in my haste of trying to get down the ladder to get to him, I slipped and almost fell. So all night I just kept thinking that if my husband knows what is good for him he will hire someone to help him for find someone to just finish it. I can't even look out there at that building now without getting a pit in my stomach.

So I am going to head back into the hospital today, but I am going armed with my IP stuff and plenty of water so I can stay on plan and eat at regular times. We will find out this morning when the ortho surgeon will be pinning it. Hopefully today...he was in so much pain last night, it was just breaking my heart to see him laying there in that bed, at the same time my mom was on the phone cancelling their honeymoon suite for their trip.

I hope everyone has a great Monday and stays OP. I have my 3rd WI tomorrow..hoping for another loss.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:51 AM   #5  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaHen View Post
Good Morning Everyone!

Well yesterday was a crazy day. My dad came out to help us work on putting the roof up on the barn. We were putting 14 foot x 4 foot sheets of metal up and had a pretty good assembly line going. We were on the last sheet up for the day when my fathers ladder dug into the sand just right and basically threw him off the ladder with his hands up over his head, holding onto the sheet of metal. He landed right on his hip and broke it. I am just so mad about this whole thing. I have asked my husband all summer to find a younger more agile helper, but my dad keeps offering so it has been the three of us working on it all summer. And each day I tell my husband that I worry about my dad falling. So in my husbands efforts to save a buck and not hire it done it is costing my dad a broken hip and surgery. Also he and my mom were to leave today to go on their 25th anniversary trip (he is really my step-dad, but I call him my father). So all of that is cancelled. He fell about 4:30 and I ended up taking him to the hospital and staying with him there until they determined it was broken and admitted him for the night.

So I didn't leave there until nearly 9pm. I didn't have my snack or dinner with me so I ate when I got home at nearly 10. I ended up having steamed broccoli and a small piece of steak, but never managed to eat the snack, it was late and I was exhausted. The adrenaline wore off and all of a sudden I was just exhausted.

In the big scheme of what we were doing yesterday if he was going to fall from a ladder he did it in the best place...outside on the sand and not inside the building that already has a concrete floor. And he fell from the the third rung of a the smallest ladder. When he happened to fall I was up on the 20 foot extension ladder watching it all happen in slow motion, not being able to do anything. Then in my haste of trying to get down the ladder to get to him, I slipped and almost fell. So all night I just kept thinking that if my husband knows what is good for him he will hire someone to help him for find someone to just finish it. I can't even look out there at that building now without getting a pit in my stomach.

So I am going to head back into the hospital today, but I am going armed with my IP stuff and plenty of water so I can stay on plan and eat at regular times. We will find out this morning when the ortho surgeon will be pinning it. Hopefully today...he was in so much pain last night, it was just breaking my heart to see him laying there in that bed, at the same time my mom was on the phone cancelling their honeymoon suite for their trip.

I hope everyone has a great Monday and stays OP. I have my 3rd WI tomorrow..hoping for another loss.
I'm so sorry about your dad, I hope he has a speedy recovery.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:54 AM   #6  

I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. Praying that the surgery will go well and he will have a fast recovery.
Looks like you are prepared to stay OP. You can do it!
Old 10-01-2012, 08:54 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 155/155/125

Height: 5'3.5"

Good morning from CT!

The leaves are changing and the weather is getting cooler. I was going through my fall/winter wardrobe and things are hanging off of me. I am happily frustrated. Down 23 lbs and 2/3 pant sizes after 11 weeks! I love IP!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 10-01-2012, 08:57 AM   #8  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaHen View Post
Good Morning Everyone!

Oh Mommahen! I am so sorry! My prayers are with you and your dad.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:07 AM   #9  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Mommahen - so sorry to hear about your father, hopefully the surgery can happen soon and his recovery is short.

Hope everyone is enjoying their Monday morning! It's a crisp fall day here in Massachusetts and I'm getting the itch to go to the pumpkin patch! We have a couple of pick-your-own farms nearby so it makes for a fun day out with the kids.

BIG willpower NSV yesterday. I live in one of the busiest fishing ports in the country. When you get seafood here, it's about as fresh as it gets unless you caught it yourself. This weekend was the "Working Waterfront Festival", which had tons of stuff about the fishing industry, tours of boats (we got to go on the Shark Hunter's boat from TV, and the boat that is the subject of the new show Nor'Easters, they're local guys). AND there was a whole tent with booth after booth of fresh seafood - fried clams, fried shrimp, buttery scallops, lobster rolls...you name it. I smelled all the wonderful smells, and didn't eat a thing. Man, I can't wait till next year's cheat day....
Old 10-01-2012, 09:11 AM   #10  

Height: 5'4"

Happy Monday! I am home with my little guy again as he he still recovering from his tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy. I am going to be cleaning, homework and experimenting with Lizz's margarita pudding and cucumber sorbet! I snuck on the scale this morning and it said 156! yay! I officially WI tomorrow so I won't get TOO excited.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:19 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 157/157/135

Height: 5'6

Sorry to hear about your dad. I hope all goes well.

It is my first day on IP. I just finished my banana pudding and it wasn't bad at all. I would just like to get through the first three days....I'm trying to decide which packet I will eat at lunch and what veggies I will have (working from home today so i didn't plan). I'm going to down my water today to hopefully help me feel a bit fuller. I'm also going to back off of my step classes for the next few weeks. I will still do some step classes but not the 4 to 5 I've been used to. I am nervous about this coming weekend as it is Canadian Thanksgiving and we will be at the family cottage for 2 days. I've already mentally prepared myself for the fact that I will not be having pumpkin pie. Maybe I'll have a vanilla pudding with cinnamon and nutmeg? Anyways....any tips would be appreciated.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:35 AM   #12  

Momma hen, sorry to hear about your dad. I understand how you feel. When I was expecting my daughter, my husband's grandmother feel on our kitchen floor when I had stepped outside to put the dog out. She was a big woman, and I was eight months pregnant. All I could do was hold her hand while we waited for the ambulance. My daughter is 28 now, this was many years ago, but I still get chills thinking of it.

Day three for me, things are going well. I drink a lot of water normally, but was worried about getting in even more. Well, I'm so thirsty all the time, it's no problem. Does anyone else find that?
Old 10-01-2012, 09:45 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 315/ticker/182

Height: 6'

WI #3 for me this morning and down another 5 lbs. Yeah!
Also got my tracker today as well. That will help me "see" the numbers even when I don't see the numbers on the scale change every once and a while.
Totally feeling skinny today, what a start to the week!
Old 10-01-2012, 09:46 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 260/200.6/180

Height: 5' 9"

NSV!!!! Went shopping this weekend for my son and thought I would just grab a size 12 jeans for me that will fit in a month or so. Well, for shits and grins I tried them on when I got home. THEY FIT!!! I have not been in this size since 5th grade. OMG!!! I have been on cloud nine since Saturday. Definitely a good way to keep me 100% OP and motivated. LOVE LOVE LOVE IP!!!

Hope everyone has a great OP day!
Old 10-01-2012, 10:03 AM   #15  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by guttergirl9 View Post
another 4lbs and 4 1/2in gone!!!!I'm hoping that next week for my 10 week weigh-in that I'll hit 50lbs lost mark.
So I made kale chips in my dehydrator yesterday. Wasn't impressed. I can't describe eating it. It almost seems to disenagrate in my mouth like cotton candy, only it's crunchy. Is that normal????
I also wanted to try a recipe that I think Wuv listed once. Peel a zucchini and then slice it. Microwave it w/ cin/splenda and it tastes like baked apples. Two questions if anyone knows the answers
1. How long do I microwave/bake them
2. Does it leave "juice" in the bowl when cooking?

Thanks everyone!!!!
This is the 'Mock Baked Apple' recipe I've used before and it is AWESOME!
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4214298-post303.html

Here's a thread with folks talking about different ways to make 'baked apples':
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ed-apples.html

MommaHen I'm so sorry to hear about your dad! That is so awful, I pray for a speedy recovery!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgamroth View Post
Happy Monday! I am home with my little guy again as he he still recovering from his tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy. I am going to be cleaning, homework and experimenting with Lizz's margarita pudding and cucumber sorbet! I snuck on the scale this morning and it said 156! yay! I officially WI tomorrow so I won't get TOO excited.
Cucumber-Lemon Sorbet was DELICIOUS!!!! I am trying Zucchini-Spinach-Lime Sorbet tonight. Not sure if you caught it at last nights midnight posting, but my ice cream machine BROKE in the middle of my sorbet making!!!! I took to blending up the sorbet ingredients (1 zucchini, 1c spinach, lime juice, 1c almond milk, splenda), freezing in ice cube trays, and will throw them back in the blender tonight before serving. Oh the HORROR!!!!!

Allright - back to the lab, my son is going to the hospital at noon for a hearing test - they have to knock him out so he won't grab at the ear buds so I jumped up real quick for a 'Good Morning' post - miss seeing y'all during the day! These midnight lurkings are getting OLD!

Last edited by LizRR; 10-01-2012 at 10:04 AM.
Closed Thread