Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2012, 07:56 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 301/Ticker/175

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
This morning I had to do some shopping in my closet. My size 14's were getting really baggy. I did manage to find one pair of size 12 pants in my closet. The waist is a little snug, but they fit great everywhere else.

My pile of clothes to be donated is growing!

It's a great feeling.
Congrats, Ragdoll!!! That's such a wonderful feeling. I LOVED the 40lb mark because it was when all the compliments started to really roll in. Something about 40 lbs makes everyone really start to notice. Enjoy! It just gets better if you follow it as written.
Sherene
Old 10-01-2012, 08:02 PM   #62  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetsyAnn View Post
Whoooot!!! Doin' a happy dance here!!! Day 3 of IP, slight headache, but nothing out of hand by any means! My best success of the day is I made it thru my first day of work on plan and it was a breeze! I manage a school kitchen so i am around food all.day.long. I DID IT!!!!!!
Wow, BetsyAnn, that is a true achievement. Impressive self control.

It gets easier, too, as Ketosis kicks in and your appetite goes away. But I know first hand how hard it is to work somewhere where you're constantly exposed to food. When I started, the office where I worked kept a well-stocked food/treat table and you *had* to walk past it because it was directly in front of the main door. Plus, they bought a popcorn machine and began making popcorn (with the smell wafting through the entire cubicle-filled room) every afternoon at about 3 p.m. Dear Lord! Thank god for ketosis cuz most of the time I could just think to myself, "Wow, I remember loving all that food," but not have any. I think that aspect of IP has been one of the best gifts of all. Freedom from slavery to food through even blood sugar and ketosis.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:04 PM   #63  

Default ideal protein diet question

Hello. I am seeking exact instructions for the ideal protein diet. I want to order the stuff off ebay and do it at home. I have no desire to go to a clinic. That is not for me. I understand 3 protein packets and veggies and unlimited lettuce. Anyone have more details to share and what else I need to buy? Thx.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:13 PM   #64  

Quote:
Originally Posted by emailskyqueen View Post
Hello. I am seeking exact instructions for the ideal protein diet. I want to order the stuff off ebay and do it at home. I have no desire to go to a clinic. That is not for me. I understand 3 protein packets and veggies and unlimited lettuce. Anyone have more details to share and what else I need to buy? Thx.
Hi Sky -
I, personally, think it can be dangerous to try and follow IP without the supervision of a coach. Certain health conditions and medications (which they screen for when they have you fill out the health profile at the Intake) preclude doing the diet, and there are other considerations as well... for instance:

- You can become electrolyte imbalanced, low-blood sugar, or low-blood pressure very easily if you don't know what you're doing. Symptoms can be dangerous - like light headedness to the point of fainting - if you're not taking all your supplements, especially sea salt. They make the supplements to add back all that they've taken out of the diet. Yes, you can buy the vitamins, but they aren't one-size fits all, and need to be adjusted for several conditions by a coach.

- You can easily lose muscle mass if you aren't following the diet correctly. Maintaining lean mass is the biggest benefit to IP, but it's not as simple as just eating packets and lowering your calories. There are many, many tweaks that need to be made to be sure the diet is being done safely, and you really need someone who knows what they're doing monitoring your progress to catch problems if they arise.

Anyway, just my two cents. I think coaching is a critical component when its done well. If you go the ebay route, just be very, very careful and be safe. But if you can open yourself to the coaching route, I think you'll have a much better chance of succeeding, reaching your goal, and doing it healthfully so you have the best chance of maintaining it long-term.

Sherene
Old 10-01-2012, 08:15 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 157/157/135

Height: 5'6

I think my blood sugar is really low. It is only my first day but I'm feeling very dizzy. Any suggestions? Should I have one of the bars?
Old 10-01-2012, 08:16 PM   #66  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by emailskyqueen View Post
There are a few threads you want to read through:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...t-threads.html

If you scroll down you will find a post that has the Phase 1 protocol sheet attached to it. This will tell you what you need to know in terms of what to eat, which veggies are safe and what quantities to eat.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...s-vol-1-a.html

This thread discusses alternatives to actual IP products and where you can buy them

Check out plainprotein.com for ordering actual IP products, they do not charge shipping in the US.

**And just to echo what was said - if you don't plan on seeing a coach, discuss the diet with your doctor. This diet is NOT recommended for people with existing kidney, liver or certain heart issues. You want to make sure you are medically able to follow the diet without worsening an existing condition.

Last edited by scorbett1103; 10-01-2012 at 08:18 PM.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:20 PM   #67  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngieBaby41 View Post
Thoughts?
Opinions?
Pros?
Cons?
I haven a counter full of both brands and can't really tell the difference. Though I usually mix them into my shakes. Since i don't live near any of these mice big stores who carry cool stuff, I order them through netrition.com. The have a flat $4.95 shipping, so you can have a huge box of heavy bottles and it's just $4.95 to ship. I've done that before, a couple of times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneofThreeGirls View Post
On the down side, I woke up this morning with the beginning of gout in my big toe. I've only had this one other time and I thought it was a fluke because of long weekend of too much wine and a 12 hour car ride. Looks like I'll be giving up the broccoli. I'm really surprised with the amount of water that I have been drinking that I would still get gout this early in the game! Am I doomed for the rest of my weightloss journey?

Jodi
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKeeter1 View Post
Hi Jodi -
I had high uric acid when I started, and most recent tests showed it has dropped into the low normal range. Mike Ciel (Ideal Protein Chief Medical guy) said many people who had problems with gout improve on IP because uric acid stems mostly from animal protein, and we're eating *mainly* dairy/vegetable protein on this. He said he's had people actually swtich to eating IP to lower their uric acid and reduce likelihood of gout flares. My husband has had gout, but I just got him switched over to IP food for snacks and some meals to try and reduce his risk. So far so good. So I think you may be pleasantly suprised. Maybe a good idea to get blood tests so you can see before & after levels.

Best,
Sherene
Interesting about the gout. I had my first ever bout in my big toe, back in July (7 months into the diet). My podiatrist gave me a sheet of don't eat and shouldn't eat. About everything I'm eating on this diet is on the shouldn't, but not the don't (that was the really rich stuff I never even ate before). The blood test came back marginal, so he said don't change anything for now. I have not had a repeat bout. Just thought it was strange.

I hope you don't continue to have problems. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Molly
Old 10-01-2012, 08:21 PM   #68  
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tlee View Post
I think my blood sugar is really low. It is only my first day but I'm feeling very dizzy. Any suggestions? Should I have one of the bars?
Dizziness can actually be the result of "carb withdrawal", or lack of salt. Try putting 1/2 tsp of salt in some water and chugging it down, or licking it off your hand. Unless you have known blood sugar issues that shouldn't be related to what is going on.

If you feel that it is more food you need, try having a hard boiled egg. You can add another packet but you shouldn't do an extra bar, they are the highest in carbs and even with an extra packet you should only have one of those per day.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:26 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 257.4/203.2/185

Silly NSV today, but NSV nonetheless!

I went into a clothing store and saw some cheap, neon bangle bracelets on sale. Bangles have NEVER fit me before. Like EVER.

I decided, "What the heck!" and put them on...

OMG they went on so easily! I bought 3! I couldn't believe I was able to wear a bangle bracelet!
Old 10-01-2012, 08:45 PM   #70  
IP Start Date 8/31/2012

S/C/G: 250/119/124

Mommahen, so sorry to hear about your father's accident. I have been down that road with my grandmother and my great aunt. My grandmother was 90 when she broke her hip and the local yokel doctor told us to not even try to fix it, to just do bed to chair. He said her bones were too weak and she would never be able to walk even with a walker. We went to a bigger hospital (Geisinger) and got a second opinion and she had the hip replacement surgery and was walking with a walker THE NEXT WEEK. They can do SO much for them now! She lived another 7 years after that and was able to walk up until the very end. It sounds like your father is much younger and should do just fine!
Old 10-01-2012, 09:04 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 157/157/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Dizziness can actually be the result of "carb withdrawal", or lack of salt. Try putting 1/2 tsp of salt in some water and chugging it down, or licking it off your hand. Unless you have known blood sugar issues that shouldn't be related to what is going on.

If you feel that it is more food you need, try having a hard boiled egg. You can add another packet but you shouldn't do an extra bar, they are the highest in carbs and even with an extra packet you should only have one of those per day.
Thank you so much. I was feeling pretty good earlier today but then the dizziness kicked in. I have to be careful as i tend to get migraines when my blood sugar levels are low. Will I feel better after day 3? Thanks again for your help!
Old 10-01-2012, 09:08 PM   #72  
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tlee View Post
Thank you so much. I was feeling pretty good earlier today but then the dizziness kicked in. I have to be careful as i tend to get migraines when my blood sugar levels are low. Will I feel better after day 3? Thanks again for your help!
Definitely give it the first week, which is the hardest - your body is changing the way it fuels itself, and that can come with headaches, fatigue, dizziness...but our bodies DO find their way to "normal" again. Don't hesitate to try an extra egg or even a fourth packet if you really feel that your body needs more nourishment - in the first week you may need it. Also, make use of the 2 egg whites you can have every day as a freebie, and the unlimited lettuce. And most of all, keep asking questions! I don't think I'd be doing quite as well on the diet if it weren't for the folks here
Old 10-01-2012, 09:10 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 299.8/282.3/160

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKeeter1 View Post
Hi there --

Bake for roughly 8-15 minutes (depending on your oven). They’re done when they’re totally crispy, no limp pieces, and slightly brown. Watch them so they don’t get too over-cooked. Serve immediately. Anticipate that anyone who tries a bite will want half, so make plenty.
And one minute too long can ruin the whole batch. Not that I'm speakin' from experience or anything!!
Old 10-01-2012, 09:26 PM   #74  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey Porthardygirl, I'm excited and nervous for you so please keep us posted. As someone who tried for years and couldn't get pregnant, it truly is a blessing and comes when it comes. Best wishes.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:27 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 235/186/150

Height: 5' 5"

WOW...thank you all for the best wishes for my dad. He ended up going in for surgery this afternoon and came out with flying colors. The surgeon said he had the bones of a much younger man and did not need a partial hip replacement, but ended up with some screws and a rod. He came out of the surgery just fine and might even get to go home tomorrow, but more than likely on Wednesday. I have stayed on plan all day and even managed to have a really good salad at the hospital.

I am kind of in a fog, didn't sleep well last night and am ready to just get in bed.

Congrats to all the NSV's today!
Closed Thread