3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   what do you typically eat when dining out? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/267232-what-do-you-typically-eat-when-dining-out.html)

Amajean 09-30-2012 06:04 PM

what do you typically eat when dining out?

I usually just do steak at applebees or the low carb burger at Carl's jr.

Determinedat47 09-30-2012 06:46 PM

8ounce steak, double broccoli

Lizzy63 09-30-2012 06:58 PM

Grilled salmon and asparagus, or other select veggies.

mightbe 09-30-2012 07:19 PM

steak and broccoli or a salad with grilled chicken :D

AnnaBoBanna 09-30-2012 07:30 PM

Salad with veggies and grilled chicken, steak with broccoli or asparagus, hamburger with a veggie or side salad. I like going to Fire and Ice because you can pick your meats and veggies and watch them grill it. I also like Brazilian restaurants because you can get veggies/salad and they bring meats to your table.

scorbett1103 09-30-2012 07:35 PM

I usually check the gluten free options - Find a good meat option with no sauce or coating, then ask for steamed veggie with no butter. At applebees, I get the steak with either steamed broccoli or steamed spinach (double order). Or I get the Shrimp & spinach salad with no dressing and double shrimp.

MonicaKolesnik 09-30-2012 08:02 PM

I am with everyone else with the steak and grilled veggies and the salad with chicken, and I also LOVE the Brazilian steak house in Saskatoon Saboroso. My husband and I used to go there all the time before the diet and so we still get our date night with very little comprise on my part :dancer:

EPAPRN 09-30-2012 09:50 PM

We go out to eat every weekend. We go to a place down the street (bar) that has great bar food, and a waitress on IP...so, she gives me tips and some apple cider vinegar as needed :).

I get: steak, steamed veggies, pork chops, salmon, shrimp, chicken, salad with dressing on the side.

Tonight we went to a burger place and my hubby had an awesome unhealthy, non IP burger, I had a 'naked' burger on a salad with no cheese, sauce or dressing. They gave me a few tablespoons of EVOO to put on top.

Last night I had grilled pork chops with hot and sweet peppers.

Most places are accomodating if you tell them you are on a restricted or gluten free diet. I've never had a problem.

Fishette 09-30-2012 10:26 PM

Tonight we went to a Brazilian restaurant with meat, different kinds of meat, and more meat! Hint - skip the salad bar, it just fills you up way too soon - you need that extra room for more meat!

rcrochet 09-30-2012 10:35 PM

Yep, like everyone else, steak, veggies or grilled chicken, salad.

We LOVE the Brazillian steak house also. We haven't been since I started IP, they have amazing potatoes & rolls. I have no cravings and no trouble passing these things up at regular restaurants, but I don't trust myself at the Brazillian steakhouse yet.

I haven't found anything I could trust to be IP friendly at any chinese restaurant so we avoid those. At Mexican restaurants I usually get a taco salad without all the non-ok items. So far so good!

Fishette 09-30-2012 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcrochet (Post 4484537)
Yep, like everyone else, steak, veggies or grilled chicken, salad.

We LOVE the Brazillian steak house also. We haven't been since I started IP, they have amazing potatoes & rolls. I have no cravings and no trouble passing these things up at regular restaurants, but I don't trust myself at the Brazillian steakhouse yet.

I haven't found anything I could trust to be IP friendly at any chinese restaurant so we avoid those. At Mexican restaurants I usually get a taco salad without all the non-ok items. So far so good!

"Good" nothin! You are doing fantastic!!! :carrot:

LookinUp 09-30-2012 11:54 PM

Ceviche & salad

LizRR 10-01-2012 12:52 AM

8oz filet + double broccoli
Salmon + double asparagus
Carne asada + double grilled peppers + pico de gallo/salsa
10-piece Sashimi + sliced cukes w/lemon + miso soup

purpletater 10-01-2012 01:30 AM

Unfortunately, I tend to eat the wrong things when I go out. When on my best behavior, I go for salad and a small sandwich.

Amajean 10-01-2012 04:33 AM

I hate it when I say no cheese/certain veggies/bread and it's brought anyway! I end up pushing it on my boyfriend's plate.