Question about eggs - Page 2 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2012, 05:02 PM   #16  
IP Start Date 8/31/2012
 
AlisonS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 333

S/C/G: 250/119/124

Default

Hi Star, no, I do not have a way to post it because my coach gave it to me as a paper handout and I do not have a scanner. I also wrote a bunch of notes all over it, so it is kind of a mess! I did look online to the posted Phase 1 sheets from the newbie threads, and they DO say 4 whole eggs plus 2 egg whites!!! I am so excited about that because it means I can have an omelet out if I need to eat out some time! OR make one at home with some fat free ham and OMG if it is tomato day, I would be in HEAVEN!
AlisonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 05:15 PM   #17  
Reboot 9/2014
 
scorbett1103's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 4,856

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willi View Post
Thanks everyone for your advice. I wanted to have something different for breakfast. Normally I have a drink.
I gotcha. You can always have 2 egg whites as a "freebie" and make an omelette, and have your drink with it. I am in a mode right now where I want "real" food for breakfast and not a shake or capuccino packet in my coffee. Some of what I do:

- Crispy cereal pancakes or Maple Oatmeal pancakes
- Fine Herbs omelette with 1 cup of spinach mixed in
- Plain Omelette with added vanilla & cinnamon, cooked well (it's fake french toast)
- Rainbow's Cappuccino mix cookies

So far it's done wonders to take care of the desire to "chew" something for breakfast instead of drinking it!
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 05:45 PM   #18  
Senior Member
 
Starshine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 752

S/C/G: 250?/146.6/160?

Height: 5' 7 1/2"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisonS View Post
Hi Star, no, I do not have a way to post it because my coach gave it to me as a paper handout and I do not have a scanner. I also wrote a bunch of notes all over it, so it is kind of a mess! I did look online to the posted Phase 1 sheets from the newbie threads, and they DO say 4 whole eggs plus 2 egg whites!!! I am so excited about that because it means I can have an omelet out if I need to eat out some time! OR make one at home with some fat free ham and OMG if it is tomato day, I would be in HEAVEN!
Thanks for looking Alison! I am actually excited about your version, as I can't take that many eggs at one time. Of course, I can split them up, but still.

And yes, omelets with tomato! I love that!
Starshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 06:14 PM   #19  
Senior Member
 
patns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Edmonton Alberta
Posts: 2,796

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisonS View Post
Hi Star, no, I do not have a way to post it because my coach gave it to me as a paper handout and I do not have a scanner. I also wrote a bunch of notes all over it, so it is kind of a mess! I did look online to the posted Phase 1 sheets from the newbie threads, and they DO say 4 whole eggs plus 2 egg whites!!! I am so excited about that because it means I can have an omelet out if I need to eat out some time! OR make one at home with some fat free ham and OMG if it is tomato day, I would be in HEAVEN!
That made me smile and nod in agreement, getting excited about a
'tomato"day.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:27 PM   #20  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 5

S/C/G: 211/208/130

Height: 5"2

Default

Thank you for posting this! Day 5 for me tomorrow, and I miss having an omelet. I tried both IP packets and just can't stomach them. I found the drinks are more tolerable and jello is enjoyable so would be nice to have an omelet once in a while.
Marina555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 11:12 PM   #21  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 8,219

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina555 View Post
Thank you for posting this! Day 5 for me tomorrow, and I miss having an omelet. I tried both IP packets and just can't stomach them. I found the drinks are more tolerable and jello is enjoyable so would be nice to have an omelet once in a while.
Did you try adding veggies to the omelet packets? I sautée 1/2-1 c veggies & then add the packet. There are very few packets I like by themselves. Add some veggies!
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:20 AM   #22  
IP Start Date 8/31/2012
 
AlisonS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 333

S/C/G: 250/119/124

Default

So, I was very excited about the 4 eggs plus 2 egg whites thing, so I asked my coach about it today. She said NO that is a MISTAKE on the June program handout, that it was addressed by IP at the conference that she just went to in Vegas last month. She said it is 2 whole eggs plus 2 egg whites, same as on the March form. (This does not make sense to me that it would be that little, but I am just telling you what she said.) Take it for what it is worth. I very rarely eat any eggs anyway, I mainly eat tuna.
AlisonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:27 AM   #23  
Senior Member
 
dawn again's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 159

S/C/G: 275/ticker/195

Height: 5'10"

Default

And my sheet says 2 whole eggs. Crazy how everyone's is different. I like the herb and cheese omelette with veggies. Last night I had 2 whole eggs in an omelette with a cup of spinach and a cup of tomatoes. It was AWESOME
dawn again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 03:10 PM   #24  
Reboot 9/2014
 
scorbett1103's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 4,856

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Default

Here's the thing - I looked into the nutritional value of 2 eggs plus two egg whites. It is only 24g protein - NOT enough to count as 8oz dinner protein. 8oz of animal protein is usually somewhere in the 45-55g protein range.

4 whole eggs + 2 egg whites put it within the protein range of what we should be having at dinner.

Wuv is a coach - I'd be interested to see if she's heard anything as she is the one who share with us the revised Phase 1 sheet from May (in the Newbie thread).
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:45 PM   #25  
Start: Dec. 18, 2017
 
learning to fly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Ontario
Posts: 146

S/C/G: 211/210/150

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisonS View Post
So, I was very excited about the 4 eggs plus 2 egg whites thing, so I asked my coach about it today. She said NO that is a MISTAKE on the June program handout, that it was addressed by IP at the conference that she just went to in Vegas last month. She said it is 2 whole eggs plus 2 egg whites, same as on the March form. (This does not make sense to me that it would be that little, but I am just telling you what she said.) Take it for what it is worth. I very rarely eat any eggs anyway, I mainly eat tuna.
Did your coach happen to mention if you could add more egg whites? I would think it wouldn't hurt...it's because yolks have fat and the bulk of the calories in an egg, is why it's restricted (or that's my guess).
learning to fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A question about eggs OhMyDogs Calorie Counters 19 04-16-2011 01:20 AM
Question about hard boiled eggs Smiling_Sara 100 lb. Club 24 06-23-2008 11:53 AM


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:13 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.