Old 09-29-2012, 11:08 PM   #46  
Restart IP 7/25/12

S/C/G: 199/142/135

Height: 5'3"

After nine weeks I am one pound from my half way mark. Yesterday I finally had a not hungry day. I have been starving for weeks. I have drank enough water in the last several weeks to fill a pool. Hope everone has a great weekend.
mommyof3girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:39 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 155/111/115

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPdivajen View Post
My biggest victory of the past short while took place this morning when I FINALLY weighed in lower than DH!!

Woooohoooo!
Congrats on your progress!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmuroff1 View Post
My manager put a pile of chocolate on my desk and I said no and gave them away....a minor NSV but a NSV none the less lol...cant wait to hit up the gym today!!
Way to go! Passing up those offerings can be pretty tough...way to be strong!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
[SIZE="5"][COLOR="Magenta"]

Happy Saturday!!! I read somewhere that it can take 30 pounds lost before people REALLY notice the changes - and for me that's definitely been true! Over the last month a few people have commented on my face thinning out, but THIS week, every single day I have been told I look fantastic (one girl at work was funny - "I can't figure it out, but you look great, what is different?") and asked if I've lost weight. Confidence is definitely at a five-year high!

One thing I've noticed about my attitude - I actually WANT to dress up and look nice. I've never been a total slob, but I didn't care much about how I looked leaving the house. Scrubs and a hasty ponytail or bun were always good enough for work. The last few days I've actually been wearing a nice blouse, slacks, and some actual STYLE to my hair. I guess I didn't realize that the extra weight wasn't just on my body, it was all over my attitude too.
Glad to hear that your confidence is soaring! It does feel amazing when you dress up. I feel like I'm at the top of my game at work when I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkatmom View Post
My weekend is not going to be what I had planned. My husband received a call that his grandfather may not live through the weekend. So, he left last night to fly to Texas. Everett is 98 and smiled when he heard the news. His wife died last year, his youngest son, my father-in-law, died 10 years ago and he is ready to see Jesus. I am trying not to be sad because I know we will all be reunited once again but I sure will miss him in the meantime.

So with my husband gone, it's just me and my daughters. I will have to come up with some fun girl things to do.
Hang in there...thinking of you this weekend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammabell View Post

NSV-I finally fit into the cheetah print pjs my kids bought me for Christmas last yr. They were so excited to give them to me and I felt awful not being able to wear them last yr. Well, I'm rockin em now!

Tough day ahead: A friend's wedding at 11 (which means reception at lunch). *repeat after me "I can do this. I WILL do this!"
Then to stay with my Grandpa who has taken a dramatic turn for the worse this week and it doesn't look like he will be with us much longer. Gonna be rough...
Hope the wedding went well today! Congrats on the cheetahs!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetsyAnn View Post
Day 1 for me!
I love this forum...so many successes and so much support! I just love it!
Sped thru my housecleaning this morning. Gonna take my measurements in a few and then shower and head to do some shopping. I have pretty much everything I need for beginning to last me a good week!
You can come & clean my house whenever you'd like! LOL...actually I did the same thing this morning....after a 2 hour troubleshooting call with our satellite company. Hope you had a good time shopping & welcome to IP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgamroth View Post
WHEW!!! Cleaned out the closet and delivered 3 bags of clothes to the consignment shop! Goodbye 18s, 16s, and 14s forever! I am going to resist the temptation to do more shopping until I decide what my official goal size will be and I am phasing off. I have not been this small since Jr. High. ALWAYS the fat girl. Not anymore! Got a wee bit teary when I put on an outfit I had my senior portraits taken in and it was too big (accept for the breast area thanks to my nursing 3 babies.)
Congrats!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddd849 View Post
I had a great day today. I was down 5.4lbs today even though I was expecting a smaller loss. I went through some clothes and threw all my fat clothes in a bag for my older brother.

Even though he is 7 years older he always called me his big brother cause I was always bigger than him. I think I am right close to his weight now if not lower. WOOT WOOT!! He can't call me that anymore.
Awesome!
fitgirl2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 12:07 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 155/111/115

Height: 5'5"

Hi all...after a crazy start to my day, it actually ended up quite well. Went to my grandma's estate sale & saw & helped my mom & aunts. They all said that I looked great!

After the sale, my girls & I were starving...so we went to Jimmy Johns to eat. I had a turkey unwich with double the turkey. This includes a low carb lettuce wrap, turkey, cucs, tomato, extra lettuce & onion. I also had a whole dill pickle. No sauces were put on it. I hope this was ok...my coach told me that she goes there & orders that. I have a board meeting next week...and we are picking up lunch there for community members. I wanted to scope it out beforehand. Knowing how FAST they like to get your order through, I told them in advance that I wanted them to take their time with my order due to my dietary restrictions...& they were happy to do so!

Went shopping & found some fun clothes...a much different shopping experience than 2 months ago!!!

Finally, my stomach has been bothering me the last couple of weeks...after eating. My coach thinks that it is the flu, which could be the case. I'm thinking that it may be the raw mushrooms that I enjoy every day at lunch & dinner. I didn't have them yesterday at lunch, nor today, and I have felt better. I guess I'll see how tomorrow goes.

At any rate, I wish you all a great weekend!

Last edited by fitgirl2012; 09-30-2012 at 12:07 AM.
fitgirl2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 01:26 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 301/293/165

Height: 5'9

I am starting my IP journey on Monday, October 1 and am spending the weekend getting the house ready for IP success- cleaning out as many carbs as I can, getting lots of veggies in the crisper. I even fixed some kale chips. I am more than a little nervous about starting but am so excited that there are so many IPers on 3fatchicks. I can't wait to learn from all of you!
Tiggywinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 02:54 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 165/158/120

Height: 5 feet 3 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
Thanks for this post. We're disney bound at Christmas and I hope to not be IP by then but "maintaining" my sexiness. Can you bring food in to the park or do they search bags and make you leave 'outside' food at the gate?
I will be in the area around Christmas too! The week before, actually. I'm really looking forward to a vacation -- and I want to see Harry Potter Land! That will be a week where I indulge in a few cheats -- I'm not leaving without butter beer. I believe this'll be the only vacation I have in a few years, and I'm excited!
NoirStories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:43 AM   #51  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgamroth View Post
Friend bought me a new sweater. Can't believe I am wearing a medium! I still have some to lose and some toning to do... still proud of myself!

[/IMG]
You look fantastic! Way to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitgirl2012 View Post
Hi all...after a crazy start to my day, it actually ended up quite well. Went to my grandma's estate sale & saw & helped my mom & aunts. They all said that I looked great!

After the sale, my girls & I were starving...so we went to Jimmy Johns to eat. I had a turkey unwich with double the turkey. This includes a low carb lettuce wrap, turkey, cucs, tomato, extra lettuce & onion. I also had a whole dill pickle. No sauces were put on it. I hope this was ok...my coach told me that she goes there & orders that. I have a board meeting next week...and we are picking up lunch there for community members. I wanted to scope it out beforehand. Knowing how FAST they like to get your order through, I told them in advance that I wanted them to take their time with my order due to my dietary restrictions...& they were happy to do so!

Went shopping & found some fun clothes...a much different shopping experience than 2 months ago!!!

Finally, my stomach has been bothering me the last couple of weeks...after eating. My coach thinks that it is the flu, which could be the case. I'm thinking that it may be the raw mushrooms that I enjoy every day at lunch & dinner. I didn't have them yesterday at lunch, nor today, and I have felt better. I guess I'll see how tomorrow goes.

At any rate, I wish you all a great weekend!
That sounds like a great eating-out choice! And I totally understand the change in shopping experience, I had that happen a few weeks ago. Went from feeling totally discouraged and upset after trying clothes on, to WANTING to try on new stuff because I can't believe what size I can fit into!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggywinkle View Post
I am starting my IP journey on Monday, October 1 and am spending the weekend getting the house ready for IP success- cleaning out as many carbs as I can, getting lots of veggies in the crisper. I even fixed some kale chips. I am more than a little nervous about starting but am so excited that there are so many IPers on 3fatchicks. I can't wait to learn from all of you!
Sounds like you're already off to a good start! The first week is usually the hardest, but we're all here to help you push through it!
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:05 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 169/140/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPdivajen View Post
Didn't see one so thought I'd get us started. Hope everyone has an awesome weekend!

My biggest victory of the past short while took place this morning when I FINALLY weighed in lower than DH!!

Woooohoooo!
That is amazing!!! Good for you!
snolover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:06 AM   #53  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmuroff1 View Post
My manager put a pile of chocolate on my desk and I said no and gave them away....a minor NSV but a NSV none the less lol...cant wait to hit up the gym today!!
Wow! Great willpower. You must have been so proud!!!
Old 09-30-2012, 08:12 AM   #54  

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
WOOOOO HOOOOO!!!!

It definitely takes some trial and error with the WF dressings. I found the Sesame Ginger and Caesar to be a little too spicy for me. My favorites are the Sweet Jersey Onion, Ranch (for dipping veggies), Asian (for a sauce on chicken), Russian (for my Big Mac salad), and the Thick & Spicy bbq sauce.

Happy Saturday!!! I read somewhere that it can take 30 pounds lost before people REALLY notice the changes - and for me that's definitely been true! Over the last month a few people have commented on my face thinning out, but THIS week, every single day I have been told I look fantastic (one girl at work was funny - "I can't figure it out, but you look great, what is different?") and asked if I've lost weight. Confidence is definitely at a five-year high!

One thing I've noticed about my attitude - I actually WANT to dress up and look nice. I've never been a total slob, but I didn't care much about how I looked leaving the house. Scrubs and a hasty ponytail or bun were always good enough for work. The last few days I've actually been wearing a nice blouse, slacks, and some actual STYLE to my hair. I guess I didn't realize that the extra weight wasn't just on my body, it was all over my attitude too.
I love, love, love compliments. Although sometimes it makes me nervous. lol Enjoy every single one of them. And I'm totally with you about the attitude. I used to hate shopping and now, I can't get enough. I look forward to getting out of the house in something special. And I change my hairstyle every chance I get. Have fun!
Old 09-30-2012, 08:21 AM   #55  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynRose View Post
So last week we went to Disney World. I did cheat, mostly at the character breakfast we went to, otherwise I did ok. I wonder how much I would have lost without the cheating. I lost 6.6 pounds over the two weeks we were gone, which is very good, especially considering the cheats. I want to lose at least 7.4 more pounds over the next six weeks, and I am kind of hoping for 12.4. This falls into my average, so it just might happen. We had a great time. It is very hard to find safe food at Disney, especially since we could only buy food at the establishments set up for food allergies (all table service restaurants can do this, but we did not want to spend that much). Cosmic Ray's at Magic Kingdom has a half rotiserrie chicken that comes with green beans and potatoes, I just had them double the green beans (I know they are a restricted veggie, but this meal was my best choice). The green beans were drenched in butter, so if anyone goes, I would ask for no butter. This was the best meal I could find there for IP. Some of the parks have turkey legs, which I suppose would be OK, but we did not want to grab food at several different places for each meal. We had a blast, and I am glad that I was able to easily go back on plan when I came home. I am really glad I still lost weight.
Oh wow! That is great!!! Glad you enjoyed your trip and still managed to stay OP!
Old 09-30-2012, 08:35 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 239.4/ticker/140ish

Height: 5ft 5.5in

I'm very confused.

Last week, I restarted IP, stayed OP for 5 days, lost a lot of bloat and 3lbs. This week, I am once again 100% OP, but have not lost any bloat or weight. I'm confused. I'm almost more OP this week than last, with nothing to show for it.

What is going on? It might be TOM, but I just don't know.

EmilySebetka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:39 AM   #57  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilySebetka View Post
I'm very confused.

Last week, I restarted IP, stayed OP for 5 days, lost a lot of bloat and 3lbs. This week, I am once again 100% OP, but have not lost any bloat or weight. I'm confused. I'm almost more OP this week than last, with nothing to show for it.

What is going on? It might be TOM, but I just don't know.

Just stay on track - some weeks are like that. I've had one week where I was dead even, and more than one with a 1 lb. loss. And I was 100% OP all of those weeks. Could be you're retaining water. You will catch up soon!
Lizzy63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:52 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

Wow, so much great news around here, I love it!!

First, thinking of those of you with ill family members. Wishing you comfort during this hard time.

Second, congrats to those getting rid of old clothes forever. Doesn't it feel insanely amazing? At first I was sad because there were some pieces I absolutely loved but then remembered they were going bye-bye for the best freakin reason on the planet and it didn't sting anymore.

Third, staying OP while out. Someone mentioned (I think?) salads at Subway. If you ask they may have packets of fat free Italian that they can give you for a dressing. Definitely better than the alternatives. Their sweet onion teriyaki sauce is also low fat so is a better choice when you go. Subway salads save my life when we're out and about and I need something safe and OP. I get the chicken one with double meat and tomatoes and cucumbers. Yum. Expensive but good. And safe!

Fourth, now that TOM is actually back in my life and I have seven months to look back on, I can say that TOM is a huge factor in a lower week or a temporary stall. So if you're worried that things are slowing think about where TOM might be lurking and see if that makes you feel a bit better.

Fifth, tried rutabaga last night for the first time. I'm not a huge turnip fan because it's so bitter so I was happy to hear that rutabaga's not quite as bitter. To help counteract any excess bitterness, I tossed the small chunks in EVOO, sea salt and some WF pancake syrup, then put in the oven at 425 for 45 minutes. Well holy padoodle was it good! Will definitely be adding this into the rotation!

Finally, off to my niece's wedding tonight. There will be chicken for me but I am a bit concerned that I won't have access to enough of the veggies I need so I'm going to try to get more of them in at lunch. Fun fun fun!

Happy Sunday, all!
IPdivajen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:09 AM   #59  

good morning!

Off to a football game today. The Rams are giving us free tickets in their attempt to entice us to re-purchase our season tickets

A winning team would convince us a lot faster....

It'll be weird not drinking but I've done it for almost 9 weeks... I can keep it up
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:28 AM   #60  
IP Start: 6/30/12

S/C/G: 244/.../145

Almost fifty pounds gone... Wowwww. -Sigh of relief- Almost there!
Meagan240 is offline   Reply With Quote