Old 09-29-2012, 11:37 AM   #16  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Samkatmom & mammabel- so sorry for both your families.

Betsyan- good luck with day 1!

Scorbet- I am also making an extra effort with my appearance now. my office is very casual, our vp wears jeans everday, but I've been dressing nice every day for the last month. It feels good to be comfortable with my appearance again.
ragdoll74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:58 AM   #17  

Samkatmom and Mammabell , so sorry about your family members. Don't let it derail you. Stay strong for you and for them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPdivajen View Post
My biggest victory of the past short while took place this morning when I FINALLY weighed in lower than DH!!
Yay! That'll be HUGE for me when I get there. Must be a great feeling!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Happy Saturday!!! I read somewhere that it can take 30 pounds lost before people REALLY notice the changes - and for me that's definitely been true! Over the last month a few people have commented on my face thinning out, but THIS week, every single day I have been told I look fantastic (one girl at work was funny - "I can't figure it out, but you look great, what is different?") and asked if I've lost weight. Confidence is definitely at a five-year high!
Probly for someone with 30 lbs to lose it would be noticeable sooner but for those of us who are heavier, I'm noticing that is true. I'm a little over 25 down now & I'm getting lots of compliments on my new haircut (no new haircut).

Finally the other day someone said, "Did you get your hair cut or something? You look different." I felt the door to the conversation open with the "you look different" part. This is the first time I told someone at work what I was doing (well, just the losing weight part - not info about the specific plan). I don't really need to hear people's opinions!

It DOES feel good that people are noticing something different, even if I'm the only one who knows what it is right now

My biggest clothes are really big on me and the ones I was trying to squeeze into fit well. I'm looking forward to needing to pull smaller clothes out of storage. It'll be 2nd-hand shopping until I get to goal.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 12:19 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 255/234/150

Height: 5' 4'

Hi ev1, Today is my 1st day on this forum. I have been looking for ideas and support and this one fits the bill. I have been on the IP for 3 weeks now and have great results, lost 11 lbs so far. I have a long way to go with over 100 lbs to loose. I don't know much about posting or answering so any help learning to use forum will be greatly appreciated.
mellop60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 12:20 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Hi all: Haven't posted in a while, but I lurk when I can. Still on track. Had my first zero weight loss this week, but it followed a two week period in which I lost 10 pounds, so I can't really complain. I'm a daily weigher and I've seen the scale dip into the 280's this week, so I'm hoping for a good weigh in on Monday.

I've been mostly phase 2 this week and will probably move into phase 3 next week as I am headed on vacation soon and I don't want to hassle with packets on my vacation. I plan on sticking as close to phase 3/maintenance as possible for my vacation, and then I'll get right back into phase 1 as soon as I get back.

Had a good workout this morning - walked to the gym (a little over a mile away), did my body pump class and walked back home.

I agree that it takes quite a bit of weight lost for people to notice (at least for those of us that are heavier). I didn't really start getting compliments until about 40 pounds lost. Now I'm getting them all the time.

Finally, I had a great NSV last weekend. Was shopping (not looking for anything in particular) and pulled a pair capri jeans (size 22) and a sweater dress (size 1x) off of the clearance rack. Was afraid they wouldn't fit, but they did! Then I found some XL leggings to go with the sweater dress that also fit. It's so nice to have a positive shopping experience again! I started off in a size 28, so it's nice to be approaching normal sizes again!
LosingLawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 12:23 PM   #20  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy63 View Post
Way to go, IPdivajen!

Sorry to hear that Samkatmom and Mammabell have family members that aren't doing well. I will be thinking of both of you this weekend.

Cleaned the kitchen top to bottom today - hubby just finished my new backsplash and it was a mess - ick! Took about 2 hours, and it's not a very large kitchen... Maybe the extra activity will help me with a good loss when I weigh in on Monday? Hoping to get into the 160s!
My thoughts are with Samkatmom and Mammabell too -- sending prayers to you and your family.
IP43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 12:34 PM   #21  
Diane on track July 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetsyAnn View Post
Day 1 for me!
...Sped thru my housecleaning this morning. ...For now I gotta pry myself away from this computer and get a move on. It's hard to do...I just love reading about everyone's losses and nsv's!!!
WELCOME and happy shopping today. You've read enough now to know how you'll be feeling so let us know how your first week goes.

FYI I speed through my housecleaning everyday. I can't be good at everything, so I'm focusing my energies -- and dustbunnies are getting bigger and bigger. I'm trying to do a "natural" cobwebby look for Hallowe'en! LOL

My boys are away last night and today so it's all about ME, so this is my 3FC weekend. I'm marking -- take a 3FC break-- load a dishwasher, take a 3FC break-- put in a load of laundry -- back to 3FC. I'm not sure if I'll get anything actually DONE today, but it's nice to have a quiet house
Old 09-29-2012, 12:37 PM   #22  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPdivajen View Post
Didn't see one so thought I'd get us started. Hope everyone has an awesome weekend!

My biggest victory of the past short while took place this morning when I FINALLY weighed in lower than DH!!

Woooohoooo!
Congrats, you look amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmuroff1 View Post
My manager put a pile of chocolate on my desk and I said no and gave them away....a minor NSV but a NSV none the less lol...cant wait to hit up the gym today!!
Passing off chocolates is a huge NSV, good for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellop60 View Post
Hi ev1, Today is my 1st day on this forum. I have been looking for ideas and support and this one fits the bill. I have been on the IP for 3 weeks now and have great results, lost 11 lbs so far. I have a long way to go with over 100 lbs to loose. I don't know much about posting or answering so any help learning to use forum will be greatly appreciated.

Hi and welcome! Congrats on your loss so far.
mightbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 12:57 PM   #23  

Height: 5'4"

WHEW!!! Cleaned out the closet and delivered 3 bags of clothes to the consignment shop! Goodbye 18s, 16s, and 14s forever! I am going to resist the temptation to do more shopping until I decide what my official goal size will be and I am phasing off. I have not been this small since Jr. High. ALWAYS the fat girl. Not anymore! Got a wee bit teary when I put on an outfit I had my senior portraits taken in and it was too big (accept for the breast area thanks to my nursing 3 babies.)
Hgamroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 01:21 PM   #24  
Diane on track July 2014

Good for you Hgamroth. I think when you can actually make that commitment to get rid of the clothes, it's a "mental shift". We all have those "too small" clothes in the closet that we didn't want to get rid of because we hoped to get back to them. Well here you are now making sure you can't go back to those big sizes. I feel that way too. If it's too big, I don't WANT it in my closet. I just am never going to have to buy "big girl panties" again.... lookin' forward to some smaller ones tho'!
Old 09-29-2012, 01:44 PM   #25  

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
WOOOOO HOOOOO!!!!

It definitely takes some trial and error with the WF dressings. I found the Sesame Ginger and Caesar to be a little too spicy for me. My favorites are the Sweet Jersey Onion, Ranch (for dipping veggies), Asian (for a sauce on chicken), Russian (for my Big Mac salad), and the Thick & Spicy bbq sauce.

Happy Saturday!!! I read somewhere that it can take 30 pounds lost before people REALLY notice the changes - and for me that's definitely been true! Over the last month a few people have commented on my face thinning out, but THIS week, every single day I have been told I look fantastic (one girl at work was funny - "I can't figure it out, but you look great, what is different?") and asked if I've lost weight. Confidence is definitely at a five-year high!

One thing I've noticed about my attitude - I actually WANT to dress up and look nice. I've never been a total slob, but I didn't care much about how I looked leaving the house. Scrubs and a hasty ponytail or bun were always good enough for work. The last few days I've actually been wearing a nice blouse, slacks, and some actual STYLE to my hair. I guess I didn't realize that the extra weight wasn't just on my body, it was all over my attitude too.
Great NSV, I felt more confident in what I wore this week as well!
Willi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 01:47 PM   #26  
Started IP 06.12.12

S/C/G: 199.4/163.8/140

Is crystal light once in a blue moon ok?
jmuroff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 01:53 PM   #27  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmuroff1 View Post
Is crystal light once in a blue moon ok?
I hope so, because i made some lemonade today.
Old 09-29-2012, 01:55 PM   #28  

Hi and welcome! Congrats on your loss so far. [/QUOTE]

Thanks mightbe
Old 09-29-2012, 02:05 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 264.5/185.3/150

Height: 5'1"

So last week we went to Disney World. I did cheat, mostly at the character breakfast we went to, otherwise I did ok. I wonder how much I would have lost without the cheating. I lost 6.6 pounds over the two weeks we were gone, which is very good, especially considering the cheats. I want to lose at least 7.4 more pounds over the next six weeks, and I am kind of hoping for 12.4. This falls into my average, so it just might happen. We had a great time. It is very hard to find safe food at Disney, especially since we could only buy food at the establishments set up for food allergies (all table service restaurants can do this, but we did not want to spend that much). Cosmic Ray's at Magic Kingdom has a half rotiserrie chicken that comes with green beans and potatoes, I just had them double the green beans (I know they are a restricted veggie, but this meal was my best choice). The green beans were drenched in butter, so if anyone goes, I would ask for no butter. This was the best meal I could find there for IP. Some of the parks have turkey legs, which I suppose would be OK, but we did not want to grab food at several different places for each meal. We had a blast, and I am glad that I was able to easily go back on plan when I came home. I am really glad I still lost weight.
KathrynRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 02:16 PM   #30  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
Good for you Hgamroth. I think when you can actually make that commitment to get rid of the clothes, it's a "mental shift". We all have those "too small" clothes in the closet that we didn't want to get rid of because we hoped to get back to them. Well here you are now making sure you can't go back to those big sizes. I feel that way too. If it's too big, I don't WANT it in my closet. I just am never going to have to buy "big girl panties" again.... lookin' forward to some smaller ones tho'!
Time to buy pretty lacy panties for sure!
Hgamroth is offline   Reply With Quote