3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Do we have any restrictions on working out? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/267124-do-we-have-any-restrictions-working-out.html)

jmuroff1 09-28-2012 04:24 PM

Do we have any restrictions on working out?

I just joined the gym and am beginning my routine tomorrow. I know they say to have a packet within 20 minutes but do we have restrictions on how much we can work out? Before IP i worked out everyday and I was hoping to get back to that. Alternating my cardio with strength days

scorbett1103 09-28-2012 04:32 PM

Because of the low calorie intake, you should reduce the intensity of your workouts, and definitely add a packet within half an hour of finishing to help your muscles in recovery. If you find that you are faint/overtired/dizzy after working out you may also want to consider adding 1/2 a restricted an hour before exercise to give your body some carbs to burn.

NoirStories 09-28-2012 04:32 PM

My coach said that if I HAVE to, then have a packet within 20 minutes. But they really prefer any working out to be light exercise, such as walking or yoga.

jmuroff1 09-28-2012 04:45 PM

i was thinking elliptical...thanks guys for the help :)

Momto2cs 09-28-2012 06:51 PM

I kept up my intense exercise routine throughout ip. I usually have an extra packet, or 2 HB eggs. I do 60 mins of bootcamp or HIIT 6 days a week.
If you did it before you should be fine continuing.

Fishette 09-28-2012 11:34 PM

You might want to try just the weight lifting to start with, and hold off on the cardio until you see how your body reacts to the strength exercises. I started doing the SlowBurn method where you move the weights to the count of 10 before reversing direction to another count of 10. You don't stop moving between reps, and you use as heavy a weight that totally exhausts the muscles by the 7th (or so) rep. Then stop that exercise and move to another. It seems to have helped me retain and even gain some lean body mass.

jmuroff1 09-30-2012 01:39 PM

ok today im going to do some strength to see how my body reacts :) Thanks everyone for the input!

Wilky 09-30-2012 11:36 PM

I've been wondering the same thing. I'm just now on week 3 and walk my dog 2 or 3 miles a day. I haven't tried running as my coach told me to hold off for a bit. My TRX bands I bought prior to starting are calling my name though!

NoirStories 10-01-2012 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishette (Post 4483066)
You might want to try just the weight lifting to start with, and hold off on the cardio until you see how your body reacts to the strength exercises. I started doing the SlowBurn method where you move the weights to the count of 10 before reversing direction to another count of 10. You don't stop moving between reps, and you use as heavy a weight that totally exhausts the muscles by the 7th (or so) rep. Then stop that exercise and move to another. It seems to have helped me retain and even gain some lean body mass.

Do you have a website link that discusses the slow burn method in more detail? Or perhaps has a routine? I went from Zumba and other cardio about 4 days/wk and now, since starting IP, will be doing yoga. But I'd like to add in some weight training

Fishette 10-01-2012 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoirStories (Post 4484692)
Do you have a website link that discusses the slow burn method in more detail? Or perhaps has a routine? I went from Zumba and other cardio about 4 days/wk and now, since starting IP, will be doing yoga. But I'd like to add in some weight training

I bought the Slow Burn Revolution by Hahn and Eades (I think that is the title, or something similar) from Amazon for about $10. It goes through the method and has pictures, etc. I also searched on Google and found some videos. I guess you could search on YouTube also - haven't tried that yet. The book suggests which exercise machines to use and in what order. I usually do
1. Chest press
2. Leg extension
3. Leg curl
4. Leg press
5. Lat pull down
6. Low row
7. Shoulder press
8. Shoulder extension

Pick a weight that completely exhausts the muscle group after 6 to 8 reps. No straining or holding breath or breaking form. Take 3 seconds to start moving the weight, 7 seconds to complete the movement, then 10 seconds to return. Once you can't move the weight another inch, continue to try to move it for 10 more seconds. Then go to the next exercise right away. I'm done in 30 minutes. When first starting you need 5 days rest between sessions. After a month or so, go to 7 days rest because you're really exhausting a lot of muscle and it needs time to rebuild.

Try it and let me know what you think. For me, after 30 minutes, I'm completely wiped out, but I feel great and my posture is fantastic.