3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Rainbow! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/267072-rainbow.html)

AnnaBoBanna 09-27-2012 11:01 PM

Rainbow!

I made your jicama chips in a frying pan today...

MAN. SO. GOOD.

I just wanted to say thank you! They were exactly the sweet I needed! I really appreciate your passion and creativity. I purchased some English muffin rings off ebay and will be trying my hand at an English muffin soon :-)

J bug 09-27-2012 11:05 PM

Oh my! Me too. My little boys even gobbled them up. I served them as dessert if they ate dinner. :)

mompattie 09-27-2012 11:06 PM

Oh man!!! I soooo wish I could buy jicama here!!! And extra gum flavour: chocolate mint chip. Le sigh

AnnaBoBanna 09-27-2012 11:18 PM

Mompattie, are we allowed to have that gum?? That's one of my favorites!!

Sorry to rub it in LOL

IP43 09-27-2012 11:19 PM

Yeah -- kinda sucks to not have the same veggies as we read about. I found frozen okra. Somehow that's just not going to cut it for chips either. But if anyone needs some winter wheat or snow squash, give us a call ;)

We ALL appreciate Rainbow's culinary expertise.... she's our "POT O' GOLD":cupgold:

LizRR 09-27-2012 11:23 PM

Agreed...those jicama chips are rocking!

evepet 09-28-2012 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mompattie (Post 4482079)
Oh man!!! I soooo wish I could buy jicama here!!! And extra gum flavour: chocolate mint chip. Le sigh

Agreed. I haven't seen any in my local supermarkets since the middle of the summer. And at that point, I wasn't sure what to do with it - so I left it there! Darn. Now they're nowhere to be found.

Willi 09-28-2012 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mompattie (Post 4482079)

I live in Eastern Canada and was able to buy jicama last week. Do you have a speciality "green grocer"? That's where I found mine.

mompattie 09-28-2012 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnaBoBanna (Post 4482088)
Mompattie, are we allowed to have that gum?? That's one of my favorites!!

Sorry to rub it in LOL

I have any kind of sugar free gum. I personally don't think a stick of sugar free gum is going to derail me, but keep me OP instead. I can burn up that 1 carb in a flight of stairs no prob!

As for finding jicama, I may try to find some in the city. Our little city here of 7500 people, we don't have a big variety in our grocery stores. Thank heavens rhubarb grows like weeds here!!

rainbowsmiles 09-28-2012 11:54 AM

awww thank you ladies!!

hmmm....think if i mailed one it would last!! all the way to canada!!
probably not huh???
sorry momhottie....sure wish you could find some jicama too!

Lesley 09-28-2012 01:20 PM

Mompattie - got some in Superstore yesterday (Also from Sask!) also found the coconut oil there...

Rainbow - Thank you for introducing me to Jicama! Never would have dreamt it would taste like that!!!

Momto2cs 09-28-2012 05:18 PM

I found a jicama at Safeway in fort McMurray. If we have it you other Canadians must too!

Willi 09-28-2012 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Momto2cs (Post 4482755)
I found a jicama at Safeway in fort McMurray. If we have it you other Canadians must too!

We Canucks are not giving up until mompattie finds jicama!!:D

WingnutandMe 09-28-2012 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mompattie (Post 4482312)
As for finding jicama, I may try to find some in the city. Our little city here of 7500 people, we don't have a big variety in our grocery stores. Thank heavens rhubarb grows like weeds here!!

I'll send you a big box of jicama if you'll send me a barrel of rhubarb. You make me jealous. :rofl:

Molly

Delgen 09-29-2012 03:02 PM

eggs and spinach!

I discovered a great idea for a quick breakfast (on phase 3 or 4) or lunch.

Spray muffin tin with nonstick spray, and add a small bunch of fresh spinach. Crunch it up so it fits into the tin.

Spice it up with fennel, garlic powder of other spice/herb of choice.

Crack a raw egg (or egg white) into each muffin cup. Bake for about 20 miutes until done...I did mine at 350.

Grab this to go!

Yum!
http://www.amyskitchencreations.blog...andwiches.html