Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 03:04 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 210/145/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chi chi View Post
Good Morning,

I just registered today. I have been on IP for 11 weeks and have lost 32 lbs. WI today, I only lost 1 pound, the lowest lost yet so I am a little disappointed. Also inches not coming off my belly...........but onward and upward.
Welcome to the group!

I am similar to you. I have been on IP for 9 weeks and only lost 1 lb this week too. The other weeks were very steady. Hopefully we pick up again next week. It doesn't seem fair to follow the diet so carefully and losing so little.

I also think we should get extra loss for everything we don't eat!! Just came back from a "tea" at my son's high school. I bypassed all the yummy stuff and found they did have one thing I could have - a bottle of water. Great to not have to use the water fountain.

Yesterday I could have eaten everything in site. I even had my veggies gone by 1 pm. So I was left with only meat and lettuce for supper. It definitely wasn't a bad supper. I was very proud of myself for staying OP. Today I am not so hungry so able to stay a regular eating plan.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 09-27-2012, 03:23 PM   #47  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Sorry to be a debbie downer this afternoon but IM MAD!!! I dont get it??? I have lost 40#s on this diet this past summer and not one person that i have seen has even commeted on my looks. NONE! Its like...what gives? Ive gone from a freaking size 24 and a 4x down to a 2x and almost into a size 18 pants and no one notices?????? I even said to a group of people i know, yesterday, "I lost 40#s" and NOT ONE said anything after that...Like Hello!!! I dont get it...Do i just not look any different??? I would think after losing 40#s that i would look at least a little different..How much longer till other people notice??? Seriously...

Sorry for the rant..im just upset and angry. I feel like ive worked sooooo hard to lose weight and yet no one else notices..and even though i notice, i still want others to notice too..I feel so discouraged like "whats the point?" Yes im happier about how i feel..but it matters to me what other people think of me too..I want to look attractive to other people..I want to be known as the pretty one.
Old 09-27-2012, 03:39 PM   #48  
Keeping it real!

S/C/G: 40/31/30 waist inches!

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post
Sorry to be a debbie downer this afternoon but IM MAD!!! I dont get it??? I have lost 40#s on this diet this past summer and not one person that i have seen has even commeted on my looks. NONE! Its like...what gives? Ive gone from a freaking size 24 and a 4x down to a 2x and almost into a size 18 pants and no one notices?????? I even said to a group of people i know, yesterday, "I lost 40#s" and NOT ONE said anything after that...Like Hello!!! I dont get it...Do i just not look any different??? I would think after losing 40#s that i would look at least a little different..How much longer till other people notice??? Seriously...

Sorry for the rant..im just upset and angry. I feel like ive worked sooooo hard to lose weight and yet no one else notices..and even though i notice, i still want others to notice too..I feel so discouraged like "whats the point?" Yes im happier about how i feel..but it matters to me what other people think of me too..I want to look attractive to other people..I want to be known as the pretty one.
I understand how you feel but honestly I believe some people are nervous to say "Hey did you lose weight?" because if you really didn't that would really tick you off! I had a few say something to me and say they were nervous because they didn't want me to feel I didn't look good before, etc. I'm sure you look fabulous! And I'm sure those close to you have noticed right?
Old 09-27-2012, 03:56 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 198/198/145

Height: 5"8"

Quote:

I've had the same thing happen. I've only lost about 10 pounds on IP, but I have lost about 35 since January and am surprised that I don't get more comments from people. Of those who have said something, they have been really awkward about it - and have made comments like "you look really good, not that you looked bad before, but I can tell that you've been doing something different". It is awkward for them and for me sometimes. I see the scale is moving, I'm feeling better and I'm fitting into smaller clothes.

I also like others to notice - while those I work with, and see on a daily basis haven't said much to me, I have noticed that strangers look and treat me different than they did 35 pounds ago, so that count's for something. Have you noticed any differences there?
Old 09-27-2012, 04:10 PM   #50  
Happy to Be Here!

S/C/G: 275/259.2/165

Height: 5'7"

Thumbs up Slow to reply - Have a Great Day Everybody!!!

Im just a little slow so Good Afternoon!!! Today is my 2nd day without diet coke. I am proud to say I have not growled at anyone!!!! Yay Me! The lettuce wrap tacos sounds wonderful. I am making those for dinner tommorrow. Tonight is my sushimi night
Old 09-27-2012, 04:12 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 145/124.8/120

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:

Who are you doing this for?

People will notice, but most won't say anything. It's rude to comment on someone else's weight, whether it's to say you're too thin, too fat or anything in between.

This is your journey, and it doesn't come with automatic feedback.

And nice work on the -40!
Old 09-27-2012, 04:43 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 192/148/150

Height: 5 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlucas View Post
Good Morning Everyone!
Just wanted to say HI! And Im BACK! LOL I've been away for a LONG time. But I'm Healthy now, got everything pretty much figured out, been tested, poked and prod, diganosed on a med here a med there... Were good to go! LOL Oh and I started Physical Therapy for my back and knee's so working on that too! Figured with all the testing and MRI's met my dedct... might as well get everything else done too huh! LOL So, i'm so excited to be back OP!! Today is the end of my 1st week and my 1st WI and i'm down 4.1 I didnt expect a huge loss since I've pretty much stayed on P3 and Maintance while MIA so, 4.1 is awesome. But I am in 1derland and that makes me super happy!
So hope everyone has a fabulous day! Cheers! xo
Welcome Back!! Your enthusiasm and always upbeat posts have been missed! Welcome to Onederland!!
Old 09-27-2012, 04:52 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 192/148/150

Height: 5 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post
Back from Alaska everyone, I missed you all, and am excited to go back to phase 1 on October 1st (payday) to push to my final goal weight before Christmas. I had a gain while on the cruise, but was doing great maintaining before then, dropped to 162.2 at my lowest, and then made it up to 170.0 after about 5 weeks of being off plan/doing my own thing. I'm enjoying my last few days of "normal" and then will be able to appreciate the normalcy of the diet and will be able to focus on getting down to 145.0 before thanksgiving (when I'll stop and take a look to determine if I'll continue losing).

I have to wonder though...I only gained 7.8 lbs, how much of that is my glycogen levels restoring I wonder...
Wow!!!! Kaypix and mlucas back in the same day!!! How's that for positive Wuv!!!
You were missed on these boards Kaypix! Glad you you're back and doing so well!!
Old 09-27-2012, 05:05 PM   #54  
Started IP 2/28/2012

S/C/G: 235-45%/192/130

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyTime50 View Post
Welcome Back!! Your enthusiasm and always upbeat posts have been missed! Welcome to Onederland!!
Thanks MyTime!
Old 09-27-2012, 05:14 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 145/124.8/120

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyTime50 View Post
Wow!!!! Kaypix and mlucas back in the same day!!! How's that for positive Wuv!!!
You were missed on these boards Kaypix! Glad you you're back and doing so well!!
I was thinking that too! Both of you were active posters when I first started! So glad you're back!
Old 09-27-2012, 05:19 PM   #56  

Height: magmeepEVE

Quote:

I know how this is, and I'm sorry that people aren't noticing. I've lost 30 pounds and most of my friends can't tell. But then when I gained so much weight no one seemed to notice either.

That being said, I had to work today with a client who hasn't seen me since spring, and she could not believe the change in me. She was amazed at how good my face looked, saying I looked so pretty. That was really nice to hear, but honestly, I'm glad I can now look into the mirror and recognize myself again. I hated looking into the mirror before.

Oh, and I have to send the client info on IP, as she was amazed, I've lost that weight in less than 2 months.
Old 09-27-2012, 05:19 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 165/158/120

Height: 5 feet 3 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsCW View Post
Attempting to make "garlic bread" cauliflower, egg white, and seasonings....verdict in approximately 15 minutes

What was the verdict? I definitely miss garlic bread!
Old 09-27-2012, 05:37 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 235/186/150

Height: 5' 5"

Good Afternoon everyone!

I made it through the lunch today. I ended up talking to the waiter and they basically made us a non-menu salad with a grilled chicken breast. I had my own dressing so it was ok. I will put this place on the "avoid" list while on phase 1. It was nice of them to make the salad but was still just ok.

So this evening I will have a nice big salad and my pina colada.
Old 09-27-2012, 05:56 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 315/ticker/182

Height: 6'

Ok, so I just have to post this!
All day I have been watching my co-worker eat.
The day starts off with oatmeal, fruit and some almond milk, then there is a granola bar, yogurt, another granola bar, then another yogurt, all before lunch!
There were several trips to the candy dish as well.
I keep thinking in my head, "oh girl, this is so going to catch up with you"
After lunch it was more of the same.
She is an attractive girl but on more than one occasion has questioned my eating habits before IP. ( She has no clue that I am now on IP)
I know it is petty of me but for some reason I really noticed today.
Old 09-27-2012, 06:18 PM   #60  
IP Reboot: 01/06/17

S/C/G: 190.3/ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

I'm a little bit annoyed right now. I had an appointment this afternoon with my IP coach and I drove all the way across town to see her. I get there and the door is locked. The girls in the doctor's office called her and she seemed to think there was some confusion because she didn't have me booked in today. Yet, I watched her write my appointment down when I was there last week and I put it in my phone at the same time. So now I have to get up an hour earlier tomorrow, drive all the way across town again, all on my time of course, so that I can have my appointment with her this week.
Closed Thread