IP Daily Chat Wednesday 09/26/2012 - Page 3 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 11:38 AM   #31  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbl70 View Post
Happy Wednesday!
I just had to share my awesome NSV. Yesterday I decided I needed a new pair of pants because my size 16's are now just too big. I went shopping for some size 14's but they were too big and so were the 12's. I walked away with a new pair of size 10's!
That's AWESOME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilySebetka View Post
I think I might have accidentally carbed out again yesterday... My mom made some stew with barley in it, that's bad right? And then for supper she made teryaki pork stuff that had water chesnuts and carrots (which I picked out). Water chesnuts are off-limits too, right?

I'm probably gonna have to make my own food from now on. She says she's on Atkins, then goes to McDonald's and gets ice cream. I don't think she's doing what she thinks she is.
yeah, those are both definitely no-nos. I've started just bringing my own food to prepare if I'm eating at someone else's house, unless I know they are accommodating My mother in law NEVER has safe food at her house, but my sister in law always sets plain meat aside for me to prepare however I want Things are easier on this diet when you are ALWAYS in the driver's seat for your food!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwbunny View Post
Have my weigh in today....hoping for a better loss than last week.....Had my first NSV....being able to wear my wedding band and engagement ring again!!! It has been almost 3 years since I have been able to put them on!!! Sooooo excited about that!!
Nice job!
Old 09-26-2012, 11:40 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by guttergirl9 View Post
So I've been doing great on IP!!! In 7 weeks I lost 42lbs. I do have one issue though. Whenever I eat my veggies I get severe stomach cramping and the big "D". I found if I eat them in small portions then it doesn't affect me, but I'd like to be able to just do them at 2c at a time. Anyone else have this afflication?
Do you mean you are trying to eat all four cups at once? You can(and should) spread the four cups throughout the day). I start myy veggies off every morning with a cup of spinach in my protein shake.

Pat
Old 09-26-2012, 11:41 AM   #33  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Just got back from WI - I'm down 2 pounds and 3/4"! The biggest victory was my BMI though - it registered as 29.6 - officially the first time in six years that I am not in the "obese" category! Never thought I'd be so happy to be labeled "overweight"!!!
Old 09-26-2012, 11:49 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Just got back from WI - I'm down 2 pounds and 3/4"! The biggest victory was my BMI though - it registered as 29.6 - officially the first time in six years that I am not in the "obese" category! Never thought I'd be so happy to be labeled "overweight"!!!
Wow!! That is awesome news, Scorbett! You are doing amazingly well!

Old 09-26-2012, 11:49 AM   #35  

I try to have two c for lunch and two c for dinner but if I have more then 1/2 to 1 c at a sitting I get the horrible stomach craps and pain.
Old 09-26-2012, 11:52 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by guttergirl9 View Post
I try to have two c for lunch and two c for dinner but if I have more then 1/2 to 1 c at a sitting I get the horrible stomach craps and pain.
Hmmm, what veggies are you eating? Are you eating them raw? Sometimes raw veggies don't agree with me; I usually use purees and strips cooked in the oven and I haven't had that problem.

Last edited by djs06; 09-26-2012 at 11:53 AM.
Old 09-26-2012, 12:00 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 165/136/135

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella73123 View Post
I've been keeping a low profile since last week, we've been having some horrible "stuff" to deal with and I have just not been in the mood to be social at all. When it rains it pours. I have my WI today, and I know that all the stress has affected my week. Hopefully it won't be too miserable, and with any luck next week will be better.
Well, you just hang in there and take care; things will get better...and then worse....and then better again... I guess that is life. You have us and the site for support and I am sure being healthy helps make the difficult times a little better.
Old 09-26-2012, 12:16 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 275/ticker/195

Height: 5'10"

Congrats on being overweight Scorbett1103!! Can't wait till i get there
Old 09-26-2012, 12:20 PM   #39  
IP Newbie

S/C/G: 180/136/130

Height: 5'2"

Back from my weigh in.....down 3.5lbs!!!! Soooooo excited!!
Old 09-26-2012, 12:28 PM   #40  
Kwannybaby

S/C/G: 191.2/186.2/125

Height: 5'1

Hey everyone...
Its been a good morning for far for me.. Ive been sick for the past couple of days..Ive had a sore throat and a cold...You know how it is when the weather starts changing..My mom is a doctor so ive been taken care of but one thing ive been scared of is I've had to take halls for my throat... i hoped on the scale and the 2 days ive been taking them i lost 2 pounds so i dont think that they have an affect but still scared.

Another thing is this is pratically my first week on IP without phasing off cause of one reason or another but since I just joined my mom on IP i didnt want to go get a coach myself I thought the information i get here will be good enough and my mom brings back enough IP products for the both of us. But one question I have is about exercise..with such little calorie intake am i suppose to be exercising?? my mom doesnt give me much information about this all she ever says is I dont know so its making it a little challenging...I really want to look a whole lot different by december before we go to our family reunion...So i need all the help possible..HELP ME PLEASE
Old 09-26-2012, 12:31 PM   #41  
Started IP Alts 9/8/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverGal View Post
Hello all! It's been a very long time since I've jumped on here. I was wondering if there is a place to order food online.
There are a lot of good alternatives at http://www.nashuanutrition.com
Old 09-26-2012, 12:32 PM   #42  
IP Start: 8/17/12

S/C/G: 183/150/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Awesome news. Congrats!
Old 09-26-2012, 12:32 PM   #43  
Kwannybaby

S/C/G: 191.2/186.2/125

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwbunny View Post
Back from my weigh in.....down 3.5lbs!!!! Soooooo excited!!
Good Job you have been having good loses thats great! getting closer to that goal!keep up the incredible job.

CONGRATS Scorbett1103 that must me a great feeling. I'm so happy for you
Old 09-26-2012, 12:33 PM   #44  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwannybaby View Post
Hey everyone...
Its been a good morning for far for me.. Ive been sick for the past couple of days..Ive had a sore throat and a cold...You know how it is when the weather starts changing..My mom is a doctor so ive been taken care of but one thing ive been scared of is I've had to take halls for my throat... i hoped on the scale and the 2 days ive been taking them i lost 2 pounds so i dont think that they have an affect but still scared.

Another thing is this is pratically my first week on IP without phasing off cause of one reason or another but since I just joined my mom on IP i didnt want to go get a coach myself I thought the information i get here will be good enough and my mom brings back enough IP products for the both of us. But one question I have is about exercise..with such little calorie intake am i suppose to be exercising?? my mom doesnt give me much information about this all she ever says is I dont know so its making it a little challenging...I really want to look a whole lot different by december before we go to our family reunion...So i need all the help possible..HELP ME PLEASE
Hope you get to feeling better soon. As far as exercise goes you don't NEED to, if you were an exerciser before you started then you can continue BUT on the days that you do exercise you need to add another packet to your day. 1/2 before and the other 1/2 after your workout, Keep in mind you are only taking in 800-900cals a day and when you work out you are burning most of that.
Old 09-26-2012, 12:37 PM   #45  
IP Start: 8/17/12

S/C/G: 183/150/150

Height: 5'5"

But one question I have is about exercise..with such little calorie intake am i suppose to be exercising?? my mom doesnt give me much information about this all she ever says is I dont know so its making it a little challenging...I really want to look a whole lot different by december before we go to our family reunion...So i need all the help possible..HELP ME PLEASE [/B][/QUOTE]

You aren't supposed to exercise for the first 3 or 4 weeks on IP. After that...see how you are feeling energy wise. Then decide if you want to exercise. If you do, just take it slow.
Closed Thread