3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Tuesday 09/25/12 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/266927-ip-daily-chat-tuesday-09-25-12-a.html)

rissimo 09-25-2012 06:23 AM

IP Daily Chat Tuesday 09/25/12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19

Big Daddy 09-25-2012 07:43 AM

Good Morning all down 7this week a good week.

maddiefoofoo 09-25-2012 08:29 AM

3 more days until i start P4 on Friday! I am SO excited -

I know maintaining forever is the hard part- but to say "I am pleased with my weight. I am happy with my size. I am done with my DIET. 40 pounds gone forever" In my life, i have never said these things.

Joy sneaks in while working out. (Find myself SMILING while exercising.) I am dancing to music while washing dishes. I put on REAL PANTS to go to the market.

My old slogan: "I wish i was as thin as i was when i thought I was fat." Now, I am 10 pounds thinner than that.

Final pictures tomorrow. Since I haven't gained any weight on P3, it is even more exciting.

:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::c arrot::carrot::carrot:

djs06 09-25-2012 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Daddy (Post 4479171)

:bravo: that is awesome!

vicknops 09-25-2012 08:35 AM

Quote:

Excellent! GREAT week!
Quote:

Originally Posted by maddiefoofoo (Post 4479200)

I know maintaining forever is the hard part- but to say "I am pleased with my weight. I am happy with my size. I am done with my DIET. 40 pounds gone forever" In my life, i have never said these things.

Joy sneaks in while working out. (Find myself SMILING while exercising.) I am dancing to music while washing dishes. I put on REAL PANTS to go to the market.

My old slogan: "I wish i was as thin as i was when i thought I was fat." Now, I am 10 pounds thinner than that.

Final pictures tomorrow. Since I haven't gained any weight on P3, it is even more exciting.

I know exactly how you feel. I look at old pics of myself and think, 'wish I was that size now'. I even thought I was overweight then. I was always covering up with a jacket! Good luck with phase 4, let us know EVERYTHING...

And a happy day everyone! Rainy and hot here...after the drought this summer, the last month has left us swimming. Starting a new job-nervous, excited(wondering if my suits will still fit:^:) Make it a great OP day:carrot:

djs06 09-25-2012 08:36 AM

Quote:

Inspirational!!! Can't wait to hear how phase four living is for you. Big congratulations! :cheer: :cheer:

AliKay 09-25-2012 08:42 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Congrats to both of you! Can't wait for that day to come! :)

Have a wonderful day everyone, I'm trying to stay warm in Chicago. It's COLD!..well it could be worse, there could be snow on the ground. :)

dk8258 09-25-2012 09:06 AM

Morning everyone! Congrats to Big Daddy and Maddiefoofoo.

After a tough weekend of learnings - I have been 100% back on plan since Sunday. I've officially corrected my misteps and am looking forward to some additional weight loss moving forward.

I'm down a size (yeah) and was able to put on a pair of pants I have't worn since I got pregnant with my son (about 24 months ago). Woo Hoo.

It's a cold start to the morning here, but should be sunny and warmer this afternoon. Looking forward to a good day.

:) ANd I finally got my ticker for real :)

rcrochet 09-25-2012 09:18 AM

Quote:

Congrats to YOU!! What an exciting place to be. I can identify with the "I wish I was as skinny as I was when I thought I was fat", lol have said that often. Fabulous accomplishment for you!

rcrochet 09-25-2012 09:23 AM

I have a new admiration for those of you who do this program while working away from home. I have a class today and I'm trying to work out how I'll get the drink and food in me without eating the junk they'll have for lunch there. I'm a realtor, on the road a lot and work from home a lot. So I can usually conveniently eat at home and follow the same schedule everyday. So my plan is, drink on my way to class, bar at lunch time (hopefully some salad, please God) and then healthy dinner when I get home. Anyway, BIG pat on the back for those of you who pack up and go to work everyday and still manage this program.

dk8258 09-25-2012 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcrochet (Post 4479249)
I have a new admiration for those of you who do this program while working away from home. I have a class today and I'm trying to work out how I'll get the drink and food in me without eating the junk they'll have for lunch there. I'm a realtor, on the road a lot and work from home a lot. So I can usually conveniently eat at home and follow the same schedule everyday. So my plan is, drink on my way to class, bar at lunch time (hopefully some salad, please God) and then healthy dinner when I get home. Anyway, BIG pat on the back for those of you who pack up and go to work everyday and still manage this program.

It can be tough. WHen I am at work, and I am not sure if a salad will be avilable to me that day, I just pack one from home. If there is no refigerator, you can pack it in a cooler with a little ice pack. I've not had any issue with this. In my little lunch bag I also bring:
My supplements in a ill container
Some sea salt - so I don't have to have all the salt at dinner and can spread it out. I'm not a big salt person so I have to force it down.
My lunch IP meal - normally a shake or soup.

Good Luck - you'll do fine today, I'm sure! If they don't have salad available, and you didn't bring any, I would just stop and grab one when you meeting is over.

CortneyMarie622 09-25-2012 09:36 AM

Quote:

Yay! What an inspiration!

CortneyMarie622 09-25-2012 09:42 AM

Good Morning,

How do you guys quote more than one person in your reply?

I work away from home but I actually find it easier than at home...less temptation! The RTD drinks are a must...I have one of those or a bar for breakfast and then I almost always have veggies in a soup for lunch (just chop them up the night before and add a bit of water at work and microwave) then another drink for a snack and the normal dinner. Now, when there are luncheons that is more tricky...usually there is veggies of some sort. I don't like to advertise I am on a diet though so last time I just ate the salad and then had an IP drink on the way home.

scorbett1103 09-25-2012 09:43 AM

Quote:

Great job!

Quote:

WOo hoo!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcrochet (Post 4479249)

LOL it definitely is a juggling act, but planning ahead helps keep things on track :) Isn't that always the way?

djs06 09-25-2012 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CortneyMarie622 (Post 4479269)
Good Morning,

I work away from home but I actually find it easier than at home...less temptation! The RTD drinks are a must...I have one of those or a bar for breakfast and then I almost always have veggies in a soup for lunch (just chop them up the night before and add a bit of water at work and microwave) then another drink for a snack and the normal dinner. Now, when there are luncheons that is more tricky...usually there is veggies of some sort. I don't like to advertise I am on a diet though so last time I just ate the salad and then had an IP drink on the way home.

Same here. I have a whole drawer filled with my packets so I usually have soup and pureed veggies (I puree on Sundays and separate into five small containers), so all I have to do is bring my RTD or hb egg (whichever one I don't have before work), container of veggies, water bottle, and supplements.

I eat at my desk (I really hate eating soup in front of people, :lol: )

It is really terrible when there are luncheons though. Last time all they had was pizza so I just told people I was on a restricted diet and left it at that.

However, I work in research where people aren't all that social, so I'm not usually tempted at the office..