Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 09:50 AM   #16  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Happy Tuesday! Hope everyone with WI today sees the needle drop a little!

Today is baking prep day, I have a couple of cakes to make for the weekend so I'm getting some done today and hopefully will just have finishing/decorating left on Thursday. My BIL and SIL invited us over for dinner so I won't have to contend with baking AND mealtime dishes tonight!

I've been scouring my recipes for the presentation I have to give next weekend at my clinic's open house - she asked for recipes that are good for busy folks who don't have a lot of time to cook. I've got a few ideas (mostly how to prepare your meat on one day and have it to eat all week) - but I would love some suggestions for favorite "quick and easy" IP dinners!
Old 09-25-2012, 09:51 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 235/186/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy View Post
Good Morning all down 7this week a good week.
That is awesome!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddiefoofoo View Post
3 more days until i start P4 on Friday! I am SO excited -

I know maintaining forever is the hard part- but to say "I am pleased with my weight. I am happy with my size. I am done with my DIET. 40 pounds gone forever" In my life, i have never said these things.

Joy sneaks in while working out. (Find myself SMILING while exercising.) I am dancing to music while washing dishes. I put on REAL PANTS to go to the market.

My old slogan: "I wish i was as thin as i was when i thought I was fat." Now, I am 10 pounds thinner than that.

Final pictures tomorrow. Since I haven't gained any weight on P3, it is even more exciting.

:c arrot:
Oh...you know it is on when you are putting on REAL pants to go to the market....Congratulations! Can't wait to see your next set of pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrochet View Post
I have a new admiration for those of you who do this program while working away from home. I have a class today and I'm trying to work out how I'll get the drink and food in me without eating the junk they'll have for lunch there. I'm a realtor, on the road a lot and work from home a lot. So I can usually conveniently eat at home and follow the same schedule everyday. So my plan is, drink on my way to class, bar at lunch time (hopefully some salad, please God) and then healthy dinner when I get home. Anyway, BIG pat on the back for those of you who pack up and go to work everyday and still manage this program.
I am lucky, I work from home too. But my husband doesn't and to make it harder for him at least twice a week they have sales reps coming in with donuts, breakfast burritos, pizza...you name it all junk! Never have they brought a salad. So it is hard for him to kindly refuse the offers. Most of the reps have been understanding, but he has told me that a few seem put out or upset when they show up with stuff and he doesn't partake. It will only get worse as we head into the holiday season and the board room will be full of goodies everyday.

We have our second week WI this afternoon. I am expecting a loss, but it won't be as dramatic as last week...I think my husbands could be more than last week...he seems to be shrinking right before my eyes. Two weeks in and I think we need to buy him new underwear and pants already.

Hope everyone has a great OP day!
Old 09-25-2012, 09:52 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 304/219.6/200

Height: 6'

Big daddy. That's awesome!! How long have you been on IP?
Old 09-25-2012, 09:58 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 235/186/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Happy Tuesday! Hope everyone with WI today sees the needle drop a little!

Today is baking prep day, I have a couple of cakes to make for the weekend so I'm getting some done today and hopefully will just have finishing/decorating left on Thursday. My BIL and SIL invited us over for dinner so I won't have to contend with baking AND mealtime dishes tonight!

I've been scouring my recipes for the presentation I have to give next weekend at my clinic's open house - she asked for recipes that are good for busy folks who don't have a lot of time to cook. I've got a few ideas (mostly how to prepare your meat on one day and have it to eat all week) - but I would love some suggestions for favorite "quick and easy" IP dinners!

Have fun baking...remember to not "taste test" and if you do..spit it out!

As for quick and easy dinners, one of the fastest dinners we have done is breakfast for dinner. Sautee some veggies and add to the scrambled eggs or fold into an omelet. Oh...it was so nice to eat my fresh eggs again!!! We did that once this week and it was very refreshing to have a break from "meat." I found that having the veggies already cut up and in their own containers in the fridge really cuts down on the prep time for any meal.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:58 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 299.8/282.3/160

Height: 5'8"

I don't know how to do multiple quotes either, so ...

Re: lunch totes ... I got one from QVC about a year ago that I LOVE. People think it's a purse actually. It's big enough to actually hold containers (unlike the ones that Lean Cuisine used to do for breast cancer). It has a pocket thing inside that holds my salad dressing bottle. I put my supplements in a little Tupperware thing. Have an extra thing of sea salt I leave in there. Then I'm all set.

I've noticed that I feel more "relaxed" about eating at home too. I know I have things I can have there, etc. And I don't have to worry about explaining to other people why I'm eating what I do. My office is horrible about ordering in lunch. They've had pizza and McDonald's both lately. I try to just avoid the kitchen and I too eat at my desk. Then I can read 3FC while I'm eating!!!

Last edited by AngieBaby41; 09-25-2012 at 10:00 AM. Reason: typo!
Old 09-25-2012, 09:58 AM   #21  

Quote:
WOW! What a great week!

Quote:

I know maintaining forever is the hard part- but to say "I am pleased with my weight. I am happy with my size. I am done with my DIET. 40 pounds gone forever" In my life, i have never said these things.

Joy sneaks in while working out. (Find myself SMILING while exercising.) I am dancing to music while washing dishes. I put on REAL PANTS to go to the market.

My old slogan: "I wish i was as thin as i was when i thought I was fat." Now, I am 10 pounds thinner than that.

Final pictures tomorrow. Since I haven't gained any weight on P3, it is even more exciting.

WTG! When I see post like this it keeps me motivated!
Old 09-25-2012, 10:05 AM   #22  
Doin' it for ME

S/C/G: 228/210/140

Height: 5'5"

Talking Newbie Day 14 WI #2

Second WI today. Down 2 lbs. Knew it would be less than first WI, but was hoping for a little bit more. Still on track for the 30 by Turkey day (my favorite holdiay). Most happy about the 4 inches lost.

My body fat % does not seem to be decreasing as fast as I would have thought/like it would. Any advice?

Made the IP Chicken Lettuce Wraps recipie for the family last night. Huge hit.

Happy Tuesday to all!

Cheryl
Old 09-25-2012, 10:09 AM   #23  
Keeping it real!

S/C/G: 40/31/30 waist inches!

Height: 5' 4"

Thumbs up

Quote:
Wow - awesome!
Old 09-25-2012, 10:09 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 168/150/135

Has anyone experienced days of complete and total hungry? I've been having a few of those lately. Haven't cheated with the bad stuff yet but have had more than I am suppose to with veggies and protein. Even had 4 packets yesterday. 2 were Restrictives.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:12 AM   #25  
Keeping it real!

Quote:

Oh how exciting!!!!! Yeah - I get the part about REAL PANTS - you mean ones with a zipper and button and not elastic right
Old 09-25-2012, 10:14 AM   #26  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierra14k View Post
Has anyone experienced days of complete and total hungry? I've been having a few of those lately. Haven't cheated with the bad stuff yet but have had more than I am suppose to with veggies and protein. Even had 4 packets yesterday. 2 were Restrictives.
Hungry days definitely happen - sometimes right before a big drop in weight! When those days hit I usually have extra lettuce salad (lettuce is FREE!), LOTS of water, and a hard boiled egg or 2 egg whites scrambled if I really need it.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:18 AM   #27  
Keeping it real!

Today's WI #7 for me and my final Phase I day! I hope anyway Looking forward to Moving It On ..... I also get my first rescan for water, muscle, BMI, etc since the start so it will be interesting to see how it's changed!
Can't wait to make that Apricot breakfast thing that LizRR posted last week!!!
Old 09-25-2012, 10:20 AM   #28  
Keeping it real!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierra14k View Post
Yep - hungry days DO happen and I do usually see the WHOOSH right after them. I do an extra packet and extra lettuce to get me through, but sometimes it's hard. I also do some hot liquids (herbal Chai with vanilla RTD and a touch of cinammon is GREAT!) that helps too.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:21 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 239.4/ticker/140ish

Height: 5ft 5.5in

Arg...

So yesterday I post about how great I've done in 5 days and then spend the rest of the day carbing out.

Couldn't even make it a week. >

I feel so nasty from it though, and this makes me even more determined to last a week! 7 days! I was 2 days short! ARG! I just have to do it.

Congrats to everyone that lost, and everyone that is remaining 100% OP!
Old 09-25-2012, 10:25 AM   #30  
Keeping it real!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilySebetka View Post
Arg...

So yesterday I post about how great I've done in 5 days and then spend the rest of the day carbing out.

Couldn't even make it a week. >

I feel so nasty from it though, and this makes me even more determined to last a week! 7 days! I was 2 days short! ARG! I just have to do it.

Congrats to everyone that lost, and everyone that is remaining 100% OP!
I Swear if you make it through that first week, the carb craving almost go away! If you absolutely MUST eat - eat protein! Fake yourself out with a cereal pancake and WF syrup .. .they're really good!!!!
Closed Thread