Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2012, 11:46 PM   #271  
it's my time to shine!

S/C/G: 240/150/145

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
Sara, welcome back. I am glad things are going so well! Try not to over do it! Healing takes time.

It must feel good to be home!

Thank you!!

I know, I have been home since 3:30 today and haven't stopped puttering around... husband in charge of 3 kids for 2 weeks = a bit of chaos!

I CANNOT wait to sleep in my own bed tonight. I had insomnia while I was away... one of the side effects of the pain meds for some people (who knew!?) so I NEED sleep.

I am not allowed to work out for 8 weeks so just over 6 weeks to go. That will be hard!

Thanks again for the support!
Old 10-31-2012, 08:26 AM   #272  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom3LoveBugs View Post
Hi ladies,

It has been 12 days since my surgery and I was able to fly home to my family. It was so nice to be able to hug and kiss my babies... I missed them like crazy!

I am doing really great and my doctor and nurses are shocked at how well I have recovered and how good I am getting around... they keep shaking their heads at me even! You could not tell if we passed on the street that I just had a major surgery. My hours and hours of fitness training definitely paid off.

I am sure being home now and back to reality will make for some tiring days. (I am exhausted right now!) By the end of the day, the swelling in my lower abdomen is quite apparent so I can imagine with the increased activity that it will get worse in the days to come.

I am already thrilled with my results and my surgeon is in awe of me (but really just his work). The difference is incredible and it will only get better with time as the swelling subsides. If my results did not change from this moment, I am still 100% satisfied!

I hope you are all well and are having great success with IP. Thank you for the well wishes!
I knew you would be thrilled...it is worth every dollar and minute of any amount of discomfort.

I love love love my results. (I just had the regular tummy tuck)
Old 10-31-2012, 08:28 AM   #273  

Today....I just want to get the 5 off and get into maintenance (I know you understand Jenny).

I do want to go 5 below because I need that wiggle room.

Even at my goal weight....I am not at the best BMI....so I should go lower...but size wise I look how I want to and feel great....so I will go 100% until Thanksgiving week and then I will try to take those other five off between Thanksgiving and Christmas, but will need a break here or there.
Old 10-31-2012, 11:12 AM   #274  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Like you guys told me before, bmi is not a good gauge. I am at the higher end of my range....and would have to starve off a lot of muscle to get to the bottom!

My hands are quickly improving. Less pain, still some swelling...I still really think it is a reaction to sugar and it was bad enough to keep me away from the candy tonight!

Plus, the slinky dress waiting for Saturday night is hanging in my room as a reminder to stick with phase 1 this week!

Have a great day. Hope those in the hurticane areas are good! We will be trick or treating in over a foot of now and at least 10 degrees below zero Celsius around 10 F.
Old 11-01-2012, 04:57 AM   #275  

Quote:
Like you guys told me before, bmi is not a good gauge. I am at the higher end of my range....and would have to starve off a lot of muscle to get to the bottom!

My hands are quickly improving. Less pain, still some swelling...I still really think it is a reaction to sugar and it was bad enough to keep me away from the candy tonight!

Plus, the slinky dress waiting for Saturday night is hanging in my room as a reminder to stick with phase 1 this week!

Have a great day. Hope those in the hurticane areas are good! We will be trick or treating in over a foot of now and at least 10 degrees below zero Celsius around 10 F.
You are actually at the middle or lower end of healthy weight BMI....a 20 to 25 is considered perfect healthy weight and you are around 22.

Below 20 is considered underweight and above 25...overweight.

So you are closer to underweight....you are at a perfect weight...love yourself
Old 11-02-2012, 12:39 AM   #276  

Thanks! I still worry too much about regaining...vigilance!!!!
You sound lie you are doing great. I'm very impressed!
Old 11-02-2012, 12:40 AM   #277  

You and your dh always look happy in your pics! The are great and always make me smile!
Old 11-02-2012, 04:24 AM   #278  

Quote:
Thanks! I still worry too much about regaining...vigilance!!!!
You sound lie you are doing great. I'm very impressed!
Quote:
You and your dh always look happy in your pics! The are great and always make me smile!
I understand the regaining thing...and I will be as vigilant as you when I get back to where I want to be. this is forever.

So excited about how the scale is moving.

Thanks for the "happy" compliment. We are best of friends and basically inseperatable. We have been together since my junior year in high school. Everything we do is so much fun and we both share the same philosophies on life and morals and values.
Old 11-02-2012, 10:26 AM   #279  

Down .2 today....plugging along
Old 11-02-2012, 06:04 PM   #280  
Start 2014

S/C/G: 206/170/160

Height: 5'5"

I rebooted 4 weeks ago. I did something a little different and didn't weigh before I started but knew I was gettting fat again. I also still haven't weighed but plan on weighing around Thanksgiving. I can tell I'm losing and people are starting to ask if I'm losing weight. I love that I can always come back to this program. Makes me feel like I'll never be back to where I started.
Old 11-02-2012, 06:53 PM   #281  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Ugh...this is one thread I want to forget about...this is one phase (the reboot phase) that I would like to eliminate from my life! (Well, except for once a year.) I'll be joining ya'll in a week...I'm up...again, because I know rebooting will help me lose it...and I don't think I want to continue with this habit!
Old 11-02-2012, 07:37 PM   #282  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Oh Darbs- I completely understand! I did pretty decent this week with P1. I had some off days, but I think I did enough that the scale will be at goal tomorrow when I check it.

I think that from now until the end of the year, that is pretty much going to be my pattern- on and off P1 to make it through the holidays. Hopefully by doing this, I can at least stay around 135. Then come January, I will probably need a couple of solid P1 weeks. But if I can do as many P1 days as I can to off set the times I will be eating above and beyond and come out fairly even, I would say that is a successful holiday season.
Old 11-03-2012, 04:40 AM   #283  

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlasherea View Post
I rebooted 4 weeks ago. I did something a little different and didn't weigh before I started but knew I was gettting fat again. I also still haven't weighed but plan on weighing around Thanksgiving. I can tell I'm losing and people are starting to ask if I'm losing weight. I love that I can always come back to this program. Makes me feel like I'll never be back to where I started.
Hey there lady....I think you are the only person around that has been here longer than me....nice to see someone from 2010. I rebooted about25 days ago....down around 15 pounds...another 4 and I am back at goal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
Oh Darbs- I completely understand! I did pretty decent this week with P1. I had some off days, but I think I did enough that the scale will be at goal tomorrow when I check it.

I think that from now until the end of the year, that is pretty much going to be my pattern- on and off P1 to make it through the holidays. Hopefully by doing this, I can at least stay around 135. Then come January, I will probably need a couple of solid P1 weeks. But if I can do as many P1 days as I can to off set the times I will be eating above and beyond and come out fairly even, I would say that is a successful holiday season.
Jenny, that is my plan exactly...plan to be at my goal weight within a week or two...but unlike you...I was probably too high at that weight so I will go for another 10 and try to go for the size 6.
Old 11-03-2012, 04:41 AM   #284  

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
Ugh...this is one thread I want to forget about...this is one phase (the reboot phase) that I would like to eliminate from my life! (Well, except for once a year.) I'll be joining ya'll in a week...I'm up...again, because I know rebooting will help me lose it...and I don't think I want to continue with this habit!
I have come to the conclusion that this will be a pattern that will last forever
Old 11-03-2012, 01:07 PM   #285  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

I agree Darbs. This is a pattern for life, I believe. I am pretty much figuring that every Monday (and potentially) Tuesday are going to be P1 days for me if I want to maintain my goal weight. I don't really mind too much because I would rather have a little flexibiility on the weekends anyway. Who cares if Monday is a P1 day?

Maintenance is work, and it takes a lot to figure out how to keep the pounds off. Never in a million years would I have ever thought it would be harder to maintain than to lose. I struggled for years and years and years trying to find the key to MY weight loss success and had so many ups and downs. I had so many times when I would get stuck at a weight for endless periods of time and I used to think that I would be a master at maintaining because of that. Boy, was I wrong! Don't get me wrong, it is worth every single struggle, but seriously, this is tough stuff.

I guess I am in the mental process of accepting that this is it, forever, as long as I want to stay this size. It's a lot to wrap my head around, but I will not go back. And thankfully we all have the wherewithall to reboot before we let things get REALLY bad.
Closed Thread