Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2012, 06:25 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Default IP Daily Chat Monday 09/24/12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19

Last edited by rissimo; 09-24-2012 at 06:25 AM.
Old 09-24-2012, 06:37 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 258.4/163.6/168.4

Height: 5' 3"

Good morning everyone! When I started out on this journey I said my goal was to be able to shop in a "normal" store - well on Friday I went to the store and put on size 12 pants!! (I've been 22/24 for years!) I don't ever remember being size 12. I think I went from Toughskins to size 14/16. I couldn't believe my joy! I'm almost at goal and the woosh fairy visited last night. Looking forward to figuring out the next phases and keeping this off forever. For those of you who are on maintenance, when you add other foods to your diet, did cravings come back? Did you have to figure out your "trigger foods"?
Have a fantastic OP day!

Last edited by drakegirl; 09-24-2012 at 06:37 AM.
Old 09-24-2012, 06:49 AM   #3  

good morning all.Im not in ketosis do to a mess up.How long does it take to get back to ketosis and will i still lose weight.Im trying so hard to follow all rules.Im in my 3rd week and i would like to have 30 gone by turkey day.Ive never dieted before cause i never had to.i tell you its alot of preparring that has to be done in order to do this right.I thought it would be a piece of cake to do and its alot harder than what i expected.I hope to get back on track and stay there.
Old 09-24-2012, 06:52 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 202/150/147

Height: 5'2"

Morning peeps! I went thriftiness over the weekend and tried on lots of pants. Hot dog, the size 12's all fitted! Could have knocked me over with a feather! My WI loss was only 1.25, but....I'll take it! 14 pounds till done! Amazing! The program works when you just follow it and do not cheat. I am phasing off with the coaches help this week. Vacation next week, then a slow sprint to the finish line. Cool, huh!
Work is going to be super busy this week, I'll be in and out.
Old 09-24-2012, 07:01 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyjean View Post
Morning peeps! I went thriftiness over the weekend and tried on lots of pants. Hot dog, the size 12's all fitted! Could have knocked me over with a feather! My WI loss was only 1.25, but....I'll take it! 14 pounds till done! Amazing! The program works when you just follow it and do not cheat. I am phasing off with the coaches help this week. Vacation next week, then a slow sprint to the finish line. Cool, huh!
Work is going to be super busy this week, I'll be in and out.
you look great.Wha a awsome job.You are one of the reasons I know that this diet works .I hope to be where you are one day.
Old 09-24-2012, 08:08 AM   #6  
IP Start: 6/30/12

S/C/G: 244/.../145

Height: 5'2"

Good morning! I made it into one-derland this weekend! First main goal DOWN!
Old 09-24-2012, 08:48 AM   #7  
Started IP 3/12/12

S/C/G: 248.25/see ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meagan240 View Post
Congrats on onederland! It's a huge accomplishment and isn't it a wonderful feeling? Keep up the great work!
Old 09-24-2012, 09:03 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 278/247/178

Height: 5.3

Wow congrats everyone on all the weight loss and the NSV! I had a slip up Sat..we took the kids shopping and out to eat a little over an hour away from home. We ate at a buffet called Golden Coral..I made pretty good choices there but before we headed home for the night we stopped by Sonic and I got a cherry limeade which I love and haven't had in over 4 months because I new it was a cheat and because we don't get up that way very often ...I just didn't realize how bad of a cheat it was..when I got home I looked up the food for the day and the Cherry Limeade - RT 44 alone was 460 calories and 122 carbs so needless to say I knocked myself out of Ketosis and put on a 4 lb weight gain as of Sunday on the upside I was back on track yesterday and four months ago I would have got upset and quit the program so that is a big NSV for me...I hope everyone has a great day
Old 09-24-2012, 09:05 AM   #9  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Good morning all. Down 3 lbs this week even with TOM and a ton of stress/emotions. I was so excited when I weighed myself this morning.

I haven't been able to check the threads for several days. Wednesday night I got the call to come say my goodbyes to my cousin. He had stage 4 sarcoma cancer. His doctor said she didnt think he would make it through the night.

Well he fought it for several days and finally passed early Sunday morning. I feel fortunate that I was able to spend every day with him and his family since Wednesday. It was difficult at first, but it definitely helped to ease the loss. Today we bury him and then we try to be there every day for his wife and two kids (14 & 10 years old).
Old 09-24-2012, 09:08 AM   #10  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Drakegirl - Congratulations! You've done wonderful! I will be watching to see the answers to your ?? re: trigger foods. I expect to begin P2 in a few weeks.

donna123somer - I don't know how long it will take to get back into ketosis, maybe 2-3 days??? But the only way to get there is to be 100% OP!!! I know in the beginning it can seem overwhelming, but the best think you can do is to sit down for an hour or so and PLAN every morsel & beverage that goes into your mouth for the next week, then stick to that plan! It does get easier. I've been on IP since May 25 and have not cheated even once! Pre-planning is key. Wish you the best! I know you can do this

meagan240 - YAY!!!! Congratulations!!

dizzyjean - gotta love when you move into smaller sizes! Happy for you

fam4me - looking good!

ragdoll74 - so very sorry for your loss. Sending warm thoughts to all of you. Congrats on your weight loss!

Good morning all! Another dreary day here in northern MI. We've had lots of rain and it got down to low 30s again last night. The garden is done now, except for some onions still in the ground. I am a daily weigher, and looks like tomorrow I might tip over into the next decade!!! Once I got past my 3 week stall, things have been going really well. Official WIs are every 2 weeks for me, so I still have about 10 days to the next one. I'm hoping to be on maintenance by Thanksgiving...15 more lbs to goal!!! (Though I might go a bit beyond that before beginning P2. We'll see. The expense, even with using alternatives, is getting to be a burden, and heating season is upon us now.)

Have a wonderful OP day!

Last edited by greeniris; 09-24-2012 at 09:19 AM.
Old 09-24-2012, 09:22 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 230/172/135

Height: 5'3

Congrats everyone on on your goals and victories! I have been reading here for a couple of weeks and started IP last Wednesday. The first few days were tough but I've felt great the last couple of days!
Old 09-24-2012, 09:43 AM   #12  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by donna123somer View Post
good morning all.Im not in ketosis do to a mess up.How long does it take to get back to ketosis and will i still lose weight.Im trying so hard to follow all rules.Im in my 3rd week and i would like to have 30 gone by turkey day.Ive never dieted before cause i never had to.i tell you its alot of preparring that has to be done in order to do this right.I thought it would be a piece of cake to do and its alot harder than what i expected.I hope to get back on track and stay there.
The hard truth? Anything worth having is going to be work. If you WANT this diet to succeed, you need to commit to it. Slip ups happen, you just need to get back on the horse and move forward. This is not a cheap diet, maybe it would help you to see it in financial terms? If you cheat and kick yourself out of ketosis it takes about 3 days to get your body back there - 3 days of backtracking. That's 9 packets of food - about $36 out the window. Think of what you could have done with that money, and next time temptation hits consider whether it's REALLY worth it.

If there's a particular temptation or craving that keeps grabbing you, ask here - sometimes there are ways to curb those cravings (trick your brain a little by having something SIMILAR) and still be on plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakegirl View Post
Good morning everyone! When I started out on this journey I said my goal was to be able to shop in a "normal" store - well on Friday I went to the store and put on size 12 pants!! (I've been 22/24 for years!) I don't ever remember being size 12. I think I went from Toughskins to size 14/16. I couldn't believe my joy! I'm almost at goal and the woosh fairy visited last night. Looking forward to figuring out the next phases and keeping this off forever. For those of you who are on maintenance, when you add other foods to your diet, did cravings come back? Did you have to figure out your "trigger foods"?
Have a fantastic OP day!
WOO HOO WTG!!

Quote:
Welcome to ONEderland!! Awesome job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
Good morning all. Down 3 lbs this week even with TOM and a ton of stress/emotions. I was so excited when I weighed myself this morning.

I haven't been able to check the threads for several days. Wednesday night I got the call to come say my goodbyes to my cousin. He had stage 4 sarcoma cancer. His doctor said she didnt think he would make it through the night.

Well he fought it for several days and finally passed early Sunday morning. I feel fortunate that I was able to spend every day with him and his family since Wednesday. It was difficult at first, but it definitely helped to ease the loss. Today we bury him and then we try to be there every day for his wife and two kids (14 & 10 years old).
so sorry to hear about your cousin. Will keep your family in my prayers today.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:32 AM   #13  
IPA

S/C/G: 255.4/251.2/180

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning everyone! Congrats all around those who have lost and the NSV'ers...Way to go!!!

Another cool day in the Windy City! Wind is blowing and the leaves are falling fast off the trees. I can't wait to be able to fit back into my leather jacket for winter.

Have a great day everyone! Thanks for being here, you are a great help to me.

Last edited by AliKay; 09-24-2012 at 10:33 AM.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:36 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 235/186/150

Height: 5' 5"

Good Monday Morning Everyone!

I love the support everyone gives each other on this board...loving support as well as the tough love support.

Today I am going to be lazy for a while around the house and take my time getting ready to head into town for a little grocery shopping and errand running. Nothing big today, just find I am having to buy produce at least 2-3 times a weeks. I know I have never bought this much produce in my life. My husband and I were commenting last night that since we started this diet we have saved some money elsewhere in our budget. He was eating lunches out almost every day at an average of $7-10. Then I would eat lunch in town once or twice a week as well. Then we were eating out or bringing dinner home at least 2-3 times a week. Well that all really starts adding up, especially if when the dinner meals out would sometimes include the teenage son, our grown daughter and her bf. We were wondering if our regular eating places are missing us???? I am sure they are missing our $$$$. We are also saving money not buying so much diet soda. While my husband is working hard at getting off of it totally, he is still drinking a small amount...nothing compared to before IP. I was buying 4-6 six packs of the one liter bottles of diet soda each week for him. That crap is expensive and so nice to not have to fill the cart with that. So while this diet is expensive, it can save you money in ways you might not have thought about. We know that at some point we will be go out to eat again once in a while, but at this point we feel like we are not really ready for that and would like to break that habit as well.

So my thought is that with the extra money we are saving that doesn't get put towards our IP foods we can put in the clothes shopping fund. My husband is dropping inches like crazy and soon he will not have any pants that fit and his shirts are going to start looking like dresses or tunics!

So enough with my morning ramblings....I hope everyone has a great OP Monday and starts the week off on the right foot.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:38 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 165/136/135

Height: 5'5

Quote:
yay! Congrats! What an accomplishment!
Closed Thread