Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 10:32 AM   #121  
Back IP alt 100% (again)

S/C/G: 299/232/185

Height: 5'8

Randomness: just received my latest order from Nashua, and since I loved the Protidiet Liquid Concentrate Grape so much, I tried the Kiwi-Melon this time around -- love it! It tastes like a jolly rancher but more apple juice tasting. Very, very good. It's a nice way to mix things up. OH! And I got the Oatmeal and raisin cookies w/Icing - so good, warm or cold, that is one good, healthy, Alternative IP approved cookie
Old 02-28-2013, 10:45 AM   #122  

S/C/G: 256/256/120

Height: 5'2"

I branched out from the normal and tried a few new things that were real good

HealthSmart Encore Entree - Vegetable Chili - not too bad

HealthSmart Soup - Tomato (7/Box) tastes like tomato soup and is a "normal" color. add pureed celery and it is super!

Proti-Thin Protein Pasta - Fusilli - This was real good. I made my own sauce from 1 cup tomato and 1 cup celery and it tasted real good. The portion size cooks up to be a good size. The texture is not as soft as regular pasta but it is more like whole wheat pasta. I loved it.

ProtiDiet Protein Crisps - White Cheddar - These were ok. They had good crunch and were filling. The taste was off tho. I thought they would have more of a cheese taste. Taste was not very natural. I will eat the rest of the box but will not buy again."
Old 02-28-2013, 11:05 AM   #123  
Back IP alt 100% (again)

S/C/G: 299/232/185

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkib View Post
I branched out from the normal and tried a few new things that were real good

HealthSmart Encore Entree - Vegetable Chili - not too bad

HealthSmart Soup - Tomato (7/Box) tastes like tomato soup and is a "normal" color. add pureed celery and it is super!

Proti-Thin Protein Pasta - Fusilli - This was real good. I made my own sauce from 1 cup tomato and 1 cup celery and it tasted real good. The portion size cooks up to be a good size. The texture is not as soft as regular pasta but it is more like whole wheat pasta. I loved it.

ProtiDiet Protein Crisps - White Cheddar - These were ok. They had good crunch and were filling. The taste was off tho. I thought they would have more of a cheese taste. Taste was not very natural. I will eat the rest of the box but will not buy again."
Hmm, thanks for sharing - I think I'll try the Fusilli on my next order And I had the same feeling about the ProtiDiet Protein Crisps, I had the BBQ ones, they are crunchy and filling, the textures not at all like IP chips (bummer), but the taste DOES give off an unnatural after taste or weirdness of some sort. I finished the box I ordered, but I won't get them again either.

I actually tried the HealthSmart Protein Chips - Pizza last night for the first time -- has the texture of pop chips but a lot crunchier and not so airy, and there's a lot of seasoning on them - definitely satisfied my chip craving better than the Protidiet chips. I'll def buy them again. (I also have the Healthsmart Ranch chips, but havent tried them yet).
Old 03-04-2013, 05:16 PM   #124  

S/C/G: 242/242/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizJazz View Post
I have read all the alternative threads and am about to go cross eyed.

My question is what is your favorite CHOCOLATE shake mix???
My favorite shake is EAS Advantage, Rich Dark Chocolate. At night as a snack, I add Torani, Sugar Free Almond Roca flavoring.

I think that this is a good blog for alternative products. She also has great recipies. http://diettalktoday.com/

Last edited by Blueskywyoming; 03-04-2013 at 05:22 PM. Reason: Add additional information
Old 03-04-2013, 05:58 PM   #125  

S/C/G: 248.6/231.5/180

Height: 5'4

I have been branching out and trying different syntrax nectar flavors from Nashua, I love then because they have
Calories 90
-Calories from Fat 0
Total Fat 0
-Saturated Fat 0
Cholesterol <5g
Total Carbs 0g
-Dietary Fiber 0g
-Sugars 0g
Protein 23g

Calcium 15%
Phosphorus 8%
Magnesium 6%
Sodium 3%
Potassium 8%

So I use then to bump up my protein while keeping my carbs low.
I have found so far all I have tried have been very tasty. The crystal sky flavor reminds me of blue koolaid, or blue freeze. The vanilla torte has a very nice mellow natural vanilla flavor that was very nice after as well.
Old 03-04-2013, 07:21 PM   #126  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonicaKolesnik View Post
I have been branching out and trying different syntrax nectar flavors from Nashua, .
I love the Syntrax nectars! I actually prefer the fruity flavored ones, Caribbean Cooler, Crystal Sky, Fuzzy Navel and Twisted Cherry are my favorites! I use them after the gym pretty regularly.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:23 PM   #127  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueskywyoming View Post
My favorite shake is EAS Advantage, Rich Dark Chocolate. At night as a snack, I add Torani, Sugar Free Almond Roca flavoring.

I think that this is a good blog for alternative products. She also has great recipies. http://diettalktoday.com/
Thx Bluesky - nice to know that someone is using the blog. I had lots of fun putting it together... I really do have to get back into the habit of blogging there though!
Old 03-07-2013, 03:17 PM   #128  

S/C/G: 200.2/135/115

Height: 5'1"

Anyone have strong feelings about Proti-thin Hot Chocolate packets?

Also, any ideas for unrestricted snacks that are portable? I am planning on trying the Proti-Thin Chili Lime Soy Snacks, which are 8 carbs and 15 g protein.
Old 03-07-2013, 03:20 PM   #129  
Started IP 11/28/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrasb View Post

Also, any ideas for unrestricted snacks that are portable? I am planning on trying the Proti-Thin Chili Lime Soy Snacks, which are 8 carbs and 15 g protein.
Debra I buy the soy snacks, BBQ Soy and Chili Lime. I like them, crunch, tastey, and has enough salt kick to it. That said, they don't really fill me up. But for being portable, it works.

I also have been using the Quest bars, the chocolate brownie bar is to die for!!!! Heat it up for about 10 seconds and I swear you'll think you're cheating.
Old 03-07-2013, 07:34 PM   #130  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:

I believe Ragdoll uses the Proti-Thin hot cocoa and said it's very good.
Old 03-07-2013, 07:43 PM   #131  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
I believe Ragdoll uses the Proti-Thin hot cocoa and said it's very good.
Yes, I use the proti-thin hot chocolate and love it!!! It tastes like regular hot chocolate to me and tastes good hot or cold.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:51 AM   #132  

S/C/G: 219/141/130

Height: 5'1''

I know it has been said before, but I just tried to packet hack with Proti-diet apple cinnamon oatmeal. I was hoping for unrestricted muffins...it's not as good as IP, however, it is significantly cheaper per box, so I going to continue to buy these.

As for other alternatives I have been trying:
WLS cocomint drink is fantastic (thanks for the recommendation, Scorbett). I use it as coffee creamer.

WLS cheesecake is amazing to me. I look forward to it. I think it tastes just like cheesecake (I make it in the AM, refrigerate it for several hours and eat
it in the late afternoon). Thank you to all who recommended!

WLS Toffee Creme Pudding is ok. It tastes fine, and it smells really good but the texture is a little off to me after being refrigerated

Proti-diet blueberry pancakes: I actually really like these. I miss fruit so much that I think that pleases my senses more than the odd consistency of the batter.

Proti-diet apple cinnamon oatmeal: tastes good. I just made muffins with it and will also try it as oatmeal.

Proti-thin fusili: it's ok, not as good as IP, but the savings will help me continue to purchase this brand and adjust. I am pretty boring with my pasta-always make it and toss it with simmered evoo/sea salt/garlic/crushed red pepper and basil. I will add either broccoli or spinach to the meal.

I just ordered some other items, so I am looking forward to trying those. I will post after I try them:

HealthSmart Peaches and Cream oatmeal
HealthSmart hot chocolate
HealthSmart Oatmeal raisin cookie
Proti-thin soy snacks: chocolate and pb caramel
Proti-thin sweet roll mix
Syntrax nectar: I ordered 4 diff sample scoops to try: chocolate mint, vanilla torte, caribbean cooler and twisted cherry

Thank you to all for your recommendations and reviews!
Old 03-08-2013, 09:47 AM   #133  

S/C/G: 282 / ticker / 180

Height: 5'11"

I've been using Dymatize ISO 100 for a couple of weeks now and I love it. I had to stop using EAS shakes and a majority of IP products due to an allergy and this has been a great substitute. Both of the flavors I have tried, chocolate and cookies & cream, taste great and mix really well.

It is a hydrolysed whey isolate so it is easier to digest and has max protein with min fat/carbs. Since my coach has upped my protein intake, this ensures my carb intake stays low (1.5g/serving).
Old 03-08-2013, 10:51 AM   #134  

S/C/G: 224/211/140

Height: 5'6"

Has anyone tried: Fit Freeze - Protein Ice Cream? I am intrigued but I don't want to be let down.
Old 03-08-2013, 10:54 AM   #135  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlnelson View Post
Has anyone tried: Fit Freeze - Protein Ice Cream? I am intrigued but I don't want to be let down.

I've never tried it, but it looks like in a single serving (1/2 cup) it meets the requirements as a restricted item. It's sweetened with Stevia too!
Closed Thread