Alternative Reviews Vol 1

You're on Page 7 of 29
Go to
  • Quote: They are and are all non-restricted. Enjoy.

Molly
    Prot-Thin fusillii protein pasta??? Would this be used as a packet or for a dinner protein? I never heard of it. Please pass info on for me :-) Thank you
  • Some don't agree but my coach allows me to split my dinner protein. Sometimes I have an IP rotini packet with 4oz of protein and veggies. IP pasta is on back order so I'm going to try the Proti-thin fusilli.
  • Quote: I placed another order from Nashua Nutrition yesterday! Thank you to all who have posted your favorites!! I love that some of the items are unrestricted even though they seem sinfully delicious!!

Question...... I think I ordered a "no-no".... Ordered the Protidiet vanilla wafers.....but when I was "re" reviewing all the stats I realized the fat content may be too high (unless I'm reading it wrong)?
    You can have them, but just as a restricted instead of an unrestricted - the wafers follow the same guidelines as the IP soy nuts. (carb count low enough to be unrestricted but higher than 30% cal from fat).

Quote: Prot-Thin fusillii protein pasta??? Would this be used as a packet or for a dinner protein? I never heard of it. Please pass info on for me :-) Thank you
    Quote: Some don't agree but my coach allows me to split my dinner protein. Sometimes I have an IP rotini packet with 4oz of protein and veggies. IP pasta is on back order so I'm going to try the Proti-thin fusilli.
    You can definitely split your dinner protein - when you eat the foods isn't nearly as important as eating everything on your sheet. You can spread out your protein and veggies however works best for you over the course of your day.

The fusilli would be treated as one of your 3 packets per day.
  • Quote: You can have them, but just as a restricted instead of an unrestricted - the wafers follow the same guidelines as the IP soy nuts. (carb count low enough to be unrestricted but higher than 30% cal from fat).
    Thanks Peep! I figured it would have to be counted as a Restricted . Wish I had reviewed the #s before I ordered that item....I wouldn't have ordered it. Live and learn LOL!

FYI.....still on the hunt for jicama!! Talked to the produce mgr at SnS in Plainville yesterday.....said he was going to order it to come in TODAY!!
  • Picked up the Chocolate Pure Protein in a can at Walmart yesterday. Ended up having it while sitting through watching children and my sister eat McDonalds. I admit I was a little grumpy. Especially when the taste of the Pure Protein drink was not nearly as good as IP Chocolate Drink. Oh well they were cheap. Pass them on to the husband to use. haha.
  • Has anyone tried the ProtiDiet Chocolate Fudge Cake?
  • Quote: Has anyone tried the ProtiDiet Chocolate Fudge Cake?
    Just received my Nashua Nutrition order! One of the items I purchased was the Choc Fudge Cake. I actually purchased it for Hubby, but as soon as he tries it I'll post his comment (I'll try to get him to have it tnite) lol!

I just tried the ProtiDiet pizza!! Not your typical local pizza shop pizza but as someone else mentioned, it'll take care of the craving!!! I WILL have it again!!
  • Quote: Just received my Nashua Nutrition order! One of the items I purchased was the Choc Fudge Cake. I actually purchased it for Hubby, but as soon as he tries it I'll post his comment (I'll try to get him to have it tnite) lol!

I just tried the ProtiDiet pizza!! Not your typical local pizza shop pizza but as someone else mentioned, it'll take care of the craving!!! I WILL have it again!!
    Try Rainbow's recipe for making the pizza dough into pretzels!

I also take the dough packet, mix with 2 Tbsp water, 1 tsp garlic powder and 1 Tbsp Veggie shreds. I roll them into two breadsticks and sprinkle with a little salt. Bake at 350 on a parchment paper lined baking sheet for about 10 minutes! Goes great with a bowl of veggie soup
  • Quote: Try Rainbow's recipe for making the pizza dough into pretzels!

I also take the dough packet, mix with 2 Tbsp water, 1 tsp garlic powder and 1 Tbsp Veggie shreds. I roll them into two breadsticks and sprinkle with a little salt. Bake at 350 on a parchment paper lined baking sheet for about 10 minutes! Goes great with a bowl of veggie soup
    I just ordered some the other day after reading Rainbow's pretzel recipe. I will try your breadsticks too!
  • Quote: Try Rainbow's recipe for making the pizza dough into pretzels!

Oh yes!! I will try both the pretzels and ur breadstick recipe! Do you get the Veggie shreds in the health food section? I think I might have seen them at SnS in their Harvest section a while back maybe???

Quote: I just ordered some the other day after reading Rainbow's pretzel recipe. I will try your breadsticks too!

Don't you just LOVE all these wonderful recipes?
  • Quote: Oh yes!! I will try both the pretzels and ur breadstick recipe! Do you get the Veggie shreds in the health food section? I think I might have seen them at SnS in their Harvest section a while back maybe???

Don't you just LOVE all these wonderful recipes?
    You can usually find them in the produce section in the same area they keep the tofu - My S&S has them on an upper shelf in that refrigerated area with tofu and some of the "special" salad dressings.
  • Quote: You can usually find them in the produce section in the same area they keep the tofu - My S&S has them on an upper shelf in that refrigerated area with tofu and some of the "special" salad dressings.
    Got it! Thx (as always)!
  • Quote: Has anyone tried the ProtiDiet Chocolate Fudge Cake?

Hubby just had it for his snack. He liked it, and said he would definitely have it again! I had a bite.....thought it was good. It reminded me of the cake in a mug that you can make with the IP Choc pudding?

Hope that helps!!
  • Quote: Hubby just had it for his snack. He liked it, and said he would definitely have it again! I had a bite.....thought it was good. It reminded me of the cake in a mug that you can make with the IP Choc pudding?

Hope that helps!!
    Thank you!! I've been craving something sweet and maybe a bit decadent Sounds like the chocolate cake will be in my next order!
  • OK, I looked everywhere, really I did. Has anyone had the Proti-diet Hot cocoa and/or HOt chocolate??

I have the hot cocoa and I love the creamy texture, but it has an odd aftertaste. Is the Hot Choco better????