Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 02:10 PM   #256  
Started IP 1/25/13

S/C/G: started IP @210/194/150

Height: 5"1'

So I have been able to try a few more of my treasures that I ordered. Here is my reviews of them thus far.

Syntrax Nectar double stuff cookie shake ~ good flavor but felt thin and watery, I made it with the low end of water called for, going to get some gar guam for next time and mix in blender with ice (still have the fudge truffle to try.)

I had received the Healthsmart Proti-Go Mango Smoothie shake as a freebie and had this for lunch yesterday, I liked that it came in its own bottle but did not like the flavor, but think this is more because I am hit or miss with liking mango in general. If it had been a different flavor I probably would have loved it.

Proti-Diet grape liquid concentrate I used just cold water and it was good, next time I am thinking about blending it in the VitaMix with ice for a 'slushie' effect!

Weight Loss Solutions both the chocolate chip with marshmallow and creamy cheesecake puddings are awesome in my book! Going to order the True Citrus - True Lime so I can get a Key Lime flavored cheesecake, YUM!

Now just had the WLS - cinnamon crunch cereal and I liked it but then I entered it into FP and realized not only is this too high on carbs for my liking at 13 net carbs but very low protein 8 grams, I now I need a hard boiled egg. Why did I add this? So no one else makes my mistake of course, lol.

Oh also yesterday had the Proti-Diet maple oatmeal, it was wonderful oatmeal, might be my go to breakfast for now, because in all honesty it snowed here again yesterday.

Still have some Syntrax Nectars to try and the Proti-Diet pizza kit which I was going to have tonight but now it has to wait until tomorrow.

Oh just so you know at the True Citrus website there is a free offer to get one of their packs free when you order $10 of product, plus you get shipping for just $2.95 with the offer. I also just saw an offer to get a free sample of Unjury protein if you order over 20 dollars (thats really one box/container of any of their products (this offer is good through this weekend only and expires Monday the 22nd of April.) I now know why I was waiting to order the cheese sauce! I like free stuff, what can I say? lol

Last edited by MntRose; 04-19-2013 at 03:10 PM.
Old 04-19-2013, 04:06 PM   #257  

S/C/G: 191/138/142

Height: 5' 7

Question ?????

This would be considered a meal....correct? Like breakfast or late night? Is this one serving????

"Sweet Roll mix ......add 2 tsp of coconut oil and 1 tsp of baking power and 2 packets of splenda and enough egg white to make it into a cookie consistency and putting on parchment paper and flattening them down and baking at 350 for about 7 minutes.

I tweaked the recipe a little and add a little pure Vanilla extract and some cinnamon when I make mine."
Old 04-19-2013, 09:07 PM   #258  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica6700 View Post
This would be considered a meal....correct? Like breakfast or late night? Is this one serving????

"Sweet Roll mix ......add 2 tsp of coconut oil and 1 tsp of baking power and 2 packets of splenda and enough egg white to make it into a cookie consistency and putting on parchment paper and flattening them down and baking at 350 for about 7 minutes.

I tweaked the recipe a little and add a little pure Vanilla extract and some cinnamon when I make mine."
If you use a packet, it is one of your 3 per day. Doesn't matter what meal/snack you choose to use it for
Old 04-20-2013, 02:18 AM   #259  
Started IP 01/31/13

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Just tried the Weight Loss Systems creamy chesecake - delish! Got a few other items like syntrax nectar samples, the Healthsmart peanut butter protein bars and Weight Loss Systems cocomint cream based on reviews here. Will post my own review after I try them.
Old 04-20-2013, 09:42 AM   #260  

S/C/G: 230/210/150

Height: 5'3"

Hi,

I have tried a few alternatives.

Weight loss systems Coco Mint pudding and shake: This is fantastic! I particularly love this as a pudding. You can add an extra oz or two of water. It was really grainy at first, let it sit in the fridge for 30 mins. it becomes super creamy and unbelievable. I couldn't believe how good it was. The shake also needs to sit a bit to get over the graininess, but the flavor is incomparable.
for newbies: this product has fructose, corn syrup solids and is made with calcium casseinate, which is a different protein from what IP uses. The carbs etc. match up with unrestricted IP products, just not the ingredients. I was surprised when I received it, so I'm just educating, not saying it is good or bad, this protein source has its own benefits/drawbacks. I am choosing to treat it as a restricted for the time being

Proti-thin Vanilla Peanut Bar: I got this because everyone said it was the same as the IP. Ehh, I'm not a huge bar person I think. It tastes good but the sucralose flavor is strong.

Proti-thin Chocolate flavored soy nuts: AMAZING

Proti-thin Chili and lime nuts: I liked these. Not earth shattering, not super flavorful, but I thought they were good. Crunchy!

Simply bar, coconut lemon bar: neither good nor bad. Unoffensive.

Syntrax necters Green apple and Caribbean cooler: the color and flavor of the green apple, and the smell of the Carribean cooler were real turn offs to me. I will say that once you dilute them to a minimum of 4x the water they call for they become much better.

There was this smell with the carribean cooler that made me feel nauseous, but if I held my nose it tasted just like pina colada (better than the IP one actually). I recall someone else saying this about about Proti diet or proti thin drinks...

I just can't see enjoying an entire envelope following their directions. You really need to add the water, I have been drinking these before bed which has me waking up twice in the middle of the night to pee because I'm probably putting down 50 oz at 10pm!

I would likely not order either of these again, but for the right person who wants a big pitcher of kool-aid over the course of the afternoon, these are probably a winner. I'm hoping I like a few of the other flavors better.

Last edited by Ruti; 04-20-2013 at 09:51 AM.
Old 04-20-2013, 03:03 PM   #261  
Started IP 01/31/13

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Weight Loss Systems Cocomint Cream is excellent. Best pudding I have tried so far - IP or otherwise. Good texture, excellent flavor.
Old 04-20-2013, 03:26 PM   #262  

S/C/G: 251/188/135

Height: 5' 4"

Just ordered a TON of stuff from Netrition and Nashua. Can't wait to give my reviews!
Old 04-20-2013, 09:35 PM   #263  

Default syntrax necter, ruby red grapefruit

Syntrax Necters, Ruby red grapefruit: this is good! only needs 16 oz of water, still has the smell though (wtf?!) put a lid on the cup as suggested by someone else and this is a keeper! Tastes like the real thing, kinda!

Last edited by Ruti; 04-20-2013 at 09:35 PM.
Old 04-21-2013, 10:42 PM   #264  

S/C/G: 305/ticker/185

Height: 6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruti View Post
Syntrax Necters, Ruby red grapefruit: this is good! only needs 16 oz of water, still has the smell though (wtf?!) put a lid on the cup as suggested by someone else and this is a keeper! Tastes like the real thing, kinda!
Thanks for posting this I want to try these. My favorite alternative is the Costco Premier Protein shakes which taste better than IP IMHO and are also cheaper. I drink one every morning and will probably keep it up even off the diet.
Old 04-21-2013, 10:59 PM   #265  

Quote:
Originally Posted by knel View Post
Thanks for posting this I want to try these. My favorite alternative is the Costco Premier Protein shakes which taste better than IP IMHO and are also cheaper. I drink one every morning and will probably keep it up even off the diet.
i need to pick some up next time I'm there! I hope you read my previous review...they are kind of a mixed bag...but Nashua Nutrition will send you samples so you can try the different flavors.
Old 04-23-2013, 12:06 PM   #266  

S/C/G: 200.2/135/115

Height: 5'1"

Hi everyone,
I've been tracking my alternatives, and here's my spreadsheet for everyone to (hopefully) benefit from. Things in bold are those I've tried, green is unrestricted (or what I consider it), red is Restricted.

There are a few things on there that I still want to try but haven't, and that's noted as well.

Hope this is useful! I had to pdf it since I couldn't upload an excel doc, so you may need to use zoom to see it depending on your screen. Apologies in advance--feel free to PM me for the excel version.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf IP and Alternative Info - Alt Products Recommended.pdf (270.7 KB, 196 views)

Last edited by Debrasb; 04-23-2013 at 12:07 PM.
Old 04-23-2013, 12:31 PM   #267  

This forum is like the XXX channels on my cable...nice to know it's here and I might partake someday in the alternatives. Well, I do with Jay Robb right now. I've never left his luscious smoothies. :-)

Downloaded the spreadsheet - that rocks - thank you!
Old 04-23-2013, 12:53 PM   #268  

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by peaches17 View Post
This forum is like the XXX channels on my cable...nice to know it's here and I might partake someday in the alternatives. Well, I do with Jay Robb right now. I've never left his luscious smoothies. :-)

Downloaded the spreadsheet - that rocks - thank you!
You are HILARIOUS!
Old 04-24-2013, 08:56 AM   #269  

S/C/G: 186.5/149/135

Height: 5.5

Got my Protidiet food yesterday, today will be a mix of both IP and Protidiet. I had the lemon bar this am with my coffee and IP RTD (vanilla). I will post in a week and give you the details on taste and weight loss. I am confidant that that it will be the same. I am thankful for this site, this is why I decided to do it on my own. I am thankful for the introduction of IP , it has created a new way to take care of myself. I was driving by Mc donalds the other day and all I could smell was oil (grease) from what ever they were cooking, don't get me wrong.. I miss fries, but I am so happy with my results, that fries may not be in my future.. only veggie fries... thank you 3FC site!
Old 04-24-2013, 10:06 AM   #270  

S/C/G: 186.5/149/135

Height: 5.5

Default Alternatives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrasb View Post
Hi everyone,
I've been tracking my alternatives, and here's my spreadsheet for everyone to (hopefully) benefit from. Things in bold are those I've tried, green is unrestricted (or what I consider it), red is Restricted.

There are a few things on there that I still want to try but haven't, and that's noted as well.

Hope this is useful! I had to pdf it since I couldn't upload an excel doc, so you may need to use zoom to see it depending on your screen. Apologies in advance--feel free to PM me for the excel version.
love the pdf! saved to my desk top.. love all the information!
Closed Thread